Saturday Night Snacks

Mets

Gold Member
I've got my best friend coming over on Saturday night. Lots of wine will be consumed no doubt but I'm after some ideas for some SF/low point snack ideas.

WW app have a cheese straws recipe which looks good. Theres also an idea to make beans on toast with a twist where you grill half an English muffin and then top with baked beans, onion and a slice of cheese, then grill again. That looks yum!

My mate is going to bring some cucumber/carrot sticks and low fat red pepper homous, but just wondered if you girls have any ideas I could make/buy? I don't want to blow my hard work with snacking on naughty stuff!

Spiced up wedges and a yogurt based dip with garlic and herbs in ?
Pickled silverskin onions on cocktail sticks
Peppadew peppers
Homemade dip using mushed up red kidney beans with chili and garlic and a bit of yogurt to loosen, throw in some chopped jalapeno peppers for an extra kick.

I think I might just make this lot myself too !

Ooo I love the wedges idea! Brilliant thank you :) xx

Roasted chickpeas!!!!!! Yummy!

Butternut squash roasted.

Fat free yogurt lightly tikked with tikka spice and marinate some bite sized pieces of chicken in the fridge over night and bake in the oven.

Boil some new potatoes then dry and bake on a tray with salt and spray oil. Delish!!

Drain chickpeas, spray some oil or add olive oil to the peas on a baking sheet add salt and pepper. Bake on 450 heat for 30-40 mins until brown and hardish. Careful not to over cook or burn. They will ruin.

busybee123 said:
Roasted chickpeas!!!!!! Yummy!

Butternut squash roasted.

Fat free yogurt lightly tikked with tikka spice and marinate some bite sized pieces of chicken in the fridge over night and bake in the oven.

Boil some new potatoes then dry and bake on a tray with salt and spray oil. Delish!!

Mmmm love baked new potatoes. My friend always cooks them how you've suggested and that chicken sounds amazing! xxx

Back