Saturday nights

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Harrie, 1 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Am I the only one who's pathetic come Saturday night? God knows how many syns I drank . . .

Is there anyone who keeps the faith on a Saturday night? How? How? How??????

:party0036:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LadyHelen

LadyHelen No Coffee, No Workee

Start Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Me. But I think being on medication which interacts with alcohol so badly that it makes me really ill probably has something to do with it. ;)

4. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't drink (due to having a recovering alcoholic hubby who hasn't had a drink in 3 years!) so booze isn't a problem for me :D

Not much help to you though am I lol. ah well... today is another day

5. Fea

Fea Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me!! I'd had about 40 syns all week up until last night and that was a good thing considering how many I 'drank' on Tuesday. But then last night, because it was 'Saturday' I still ended up having a drink. Aaaargh!! Not sure how many syns I had but I'd guestimate that I'm just about up to my 70 syns for the week if not over. Well all is not lost I hear you say?!
    Well I'll be out of the house in an hour or so... to the pub, to watch one of the biggest games of the season, were the alcohol will flow freely. I'm going to stick to vodka and diet coke and alternate with just diet coke.
    wi tomorrow!

6. Marmalade_27

Marmalade_27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Diet coke and vodka, but probably loose count after the first few lol! If im going out i try not to eat too much that day (dont use hex's or syns) just free food so it gives me a bit extra to play with plus i feel the effects of the vodka quicker lol, just got to avoid the pizza/kebab on the way home. I only go out 2 sats in a month which also helps.

7. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I drink red wine as I can keep count easier and can't put as much of that away as spirits (I'm a fish once I start lol), had 3 small glasses last night - 15 syns, which is more than I'd normally allow myself. Chuffed that I made ravioli on toast for squiffy OH when we got back despite his demands for me to call for curry with all the trimmings right away :rolleyes: I didn't have anything as I wasn't hungry, massive improvement for me as normally would have gone takeaway or kebab (you don't need to be hungry to eat those lol) that's my biggest naughtiness and if I can avoid that then I can stay on track. I figure once I'm a skinny minnie then I can allow myself the occasional booze up but until then I need to stay on track, it's not long to abstain x

8. dudesmummy

dudesmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

I don't have ANY syns in the week in order that I can still enjoy some wine over the weekend with minimal guilt lol! I'm still losing, so it seems to work for me.. could you perhaps tweak your syns used in the week to accomodate a few drinks over the weekend?

Jo
    x

9. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Ah! It's the weekends that get me every time :break_diet:

10. karra

karra Loser ;)

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.49%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh my god SW seems to just fly out of the window every friday and saturday!! I think its making my losses a little slower, I seem to be losing around a pound a week but I'm happy with that!!! You've got to live after all! :)

11. Amyeve

Amyeve Mummy of 2!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(22.45%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    i gave up drinking when i was preggers, then when i realised how much money i saved i decided to go completely tee total! havent missed it yet!:D

12. clairex

clairex Silver Member

oh god tell me about it - one glass of wine and I was on the chocolate and haribos :( dont think there will be a loss this week! am going to walk the dog, in the sheer hope it will get rid of some of those fizzy cola bottles!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13. sharon09

sharon09 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.02%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    we used to drink every saturday night ....well im saying used to...we havnt had a drink for 2 weeks :giggle: which is very good for us its hard going though

14. Marmalade_27

Marmalade_27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I might give up the alcohol for Feb and see if it makes a difference!

15. Amber_Baby

Amber_Baby I'm a raver baby!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is so hard not to though isnt it? I went out last 2 weeks ago and stuck to 4 vodka & diet cokes for 10 syns but last night I had 3 and a half (yes, a half - my boyfriend's mate was pissed and dropped a packet of sugar in the remaining half, I didn't want to consume extra sugar so he bought me a new one!), half a glass of rose (that my friend gave to me) and one tequila shot (that she also bought me!!) and it's really hard to say no in those situations, I just wanted to have fun with my friends. It's very rare for me though, happens no more than once every couple of months and like someone else already said, I can afford the odd booze up closer to target, there are more important things to think about right now.

16. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm so lucky, alcohol disagrees with my system badly - even one drink, so I'm teetotal. I use all my syns on a big choccy bar on saturday night though, and once I start on that I lose count too! We all have our downfalls!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.