Saturday slip up....again!

ticktock

Started Wednesday for the 2nd time and already I have fallen off the wagon, done the hard 3 days then throw it all away, have eaten cake and chinese is on the way, at home tomorrow so cupboards bursting with junk and no doubt will go out for dinner. Why oh why cant I stick to this diet?!
I soooo want to lose weight and can cope ok in the week, been making effort to make chicken/beef stew all within plan, fought through the hunger and then weekend hits and I cave! wanna kick myself, am all talk and no action....so much for 100% this time around :-/

I know for me, one of my biggest issues is that I've always had a binge eating... I can do fine for ages then all the bad food calls out to me and my willpower goes out of the window. I'm not strictly 100%, i'd like to get there but.. not yet. I have 'allowed cheats'..... mainly extra meat stuff, which I hope wont knock me out of ketosis. And somedays I eat wayyy more of that than im suppost to :/

Best advice would be not to beat yourself up, everyone will have slip ups. But maybe if you can try getting rid of the junk? .... or... you'll have probably got your Chinese by the time I post this - but if theres any left, pour washing up liquid on it... just get rid of as many temptations as you can. Stay in tomorrow, or if you really can't view the menu before you go and choose something you can eat. And tomorrows a new day, heck even nows kinda a new day, just cuz you fell off doesn't mean you can't climb back on right now.

I'm the same once my willpower is gone its gone! I cant get rid of all the junk as I have 6 & 7 yr old kids who are on school holidays...think its harder this time round as they are with me and eat constantly, will be so much easier once they are back to school! Am going to keep trying, maybe doing s&s 5:2 style until kids go back to school...started the day with a blueberry muffin....forced on me by kids honest! Good thing is I only ate half of it and only ate qtr plate of chinese, portions reduced so pretty sure I can maintain but oh my god I so wanna do it properly!

I'm lucky I don't have kids (well, not lucky, I'd love them - but for the diet at least). I know a friend that got her kids involved in her weight loss.... she explained to them what she was trying to do, and whenever she tried to cheat while they were around they'd be telling her she couldn't. Of course, it depends on the child... with the extremity of the diet ya wouldn't want to be giving them bad food messages.

I think, the thing to try and remember is ifya going to stray, do it low carb - that way your body won't go out of ketosis. Or even temporarily do something more atkins style for a few weeks before the kids go back, then switch back. But either way cutting down on what you had before is still great! <3

Might sound strange but I got my mum to teach me how to crochet and knit....and believe me once you get started you wont want to swap...that's how I say out of the kitchen when I don't need to be there..

You could try that or find something tht works for you....maybe give urself a manicure/pedicure at home on the weekends

I know how you feel I did the same yesterday, all the family ordered Chinese so I shared some chow mien but its ok! Your so used to eating food and your habits take over you. I think its just finding the right things to distract you or when your feeling like you want to eat junk drink water and go and write down why you want to eat. Anything to distract you. I think the crotchet idea is great it will keep you busy.

I have a 4 year old and I don't have any junk food in the house at the moment. I think the most I will buy is some quavers for her because I know that if I have all that in the house then I will eat it. So I buy her loads of fruits and cheeses and hams etc and the snack pack things and then she has to put her food in the bin herself so I don't munch on the left overs.

Hope you get on ok! :)

Thanks everyone, small-jaxy wait until shes a couple of years older its such a difference!, been a long time since mine where satisfied with a few quavers lol!

Done this diet a couple of times now, came off before holiday but lasted 5 weeks of sticking to it in the week but caving most of the Saturday nights, I know i can do it but for some reason the fight has gone! I've even been nibbling on things I dont really like because I am hungry...I know a s&s milkshake would fill me up and just as quick to make for some reason I just havent been doing it!! Must be something to do with kids being home all the time...they wear you out dont they!! nag nag nag, want want want, moan moan moan!!
I used to fine Sunday-Friday, didnt need to cover leftovers in washing up liquid or anything like that I felt fine on it...really hope something 'clicks' for me soon cos I really wanna be slim for xmas! only 2 1/2 wks till they go back to school so will keep trying until then and hopefully maintain, man this diet is hard for me!!

Back