'Saving all my syns for me'

Neasy

So I know it is frowned upon to save up syns but has anyone ever saved up their syns all week for a special occasion at the weekend? And if u ave did u still lose weight??

Yea it's quite a common thing to save up syns for the weekend and is effective. However you can set yourself a higher amount of syns for a day and then just continue to have 5 to 15 a day as normal before and after. It's called flexible syns. It seems to work all right and that way you don't hate yourself when you do fancy a little treat during the week

i now weigh in on a saturday morning and use flexi syns if i have something on that weekend then i no what i have left for the rest of the week to keep on track .

I used to to this regularly thinking it was the best way to keep the weight coming off if i knew i was going for a night out or meal or something but found that it made me gain more weight. So I started using my syns as normal during week and then on the actual day i was planning on going out i would just keep my HEs and syns for the occasion and eat free food all day and start afresh the next day as normal. This way i gained a lot less weight believe it or not. Maybe this isn't how you are meant to do it this way, i can only tell you what has worked for me personally. Good luck!

I am pretty sure the new official line on this is 105 syns a week (15 a day). Obviously you can't carry them over more than the week as it would lead to huge blowouts for some people. I try not to do 105 syns from weigh-in to weigh-in as I find some days I'm at 3-4 syns others around 20-25 and that way I don't feel guilty on the higher days.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yea it's quite a common thing to save up syns for the weekend and is effective. However you can set yourself a higher amount of syns for a day and then just continue to have 5 to 15 a day as normal before and after. It's called flexible syns. It seems to work all right and that way you don't hate yourself when you do fancy a little treat during the week

This shouldn't be done regularly. It is supposed to be for special occasions only. You can't guarantee losing any weight each week if you have a flexisyn day each time. Indeed, you may well find yourself putting weight on regularly and then wondering why the plan doesn't work.

i thought you couldnt carry syns over?

On EE i believe its not advised to carry them over though its up to you whether you do. From what I remember its fine on Green and Red.

I've saved my syns for a weekend using a few on the other days quite a few times and I've still lost on the weeks I've done that.
It doesn't work for everyone and you might find you don't lose as much as if you'd synned daily but if you've got some weekend events coming up (it's been weddings and birthdays for me) then it might be worth a go.

Back