Saving syns?

Muffindoll

Hi, just wondered if anyone knows whether officially as part of the SW plan if we can save syns, so for example if I'm going out to lunch on tomorrow but know I won't have enough syns can I use less today and carry the rest over to tomorrow?
When I did SW years ago, I always did this and thought that most people did. Back then I went out most weekends and always saved syns for then.
When i started again my new consultant said we shouldn't do this when I mentioned it, she said "no its not like WW where you can carry them over" and just told me about flexi syns which is totally different and something i would very rarely use.

I did used to lose weight every week using my syns this way but this time around I'm doing EE and although I don't want to get it wrong, I think if we were never allowed to save syns there are so many foods we could just never eat as they cost more than 1 days syns.
I'm confused now. :confused:

Some consultants say you can use your syns weekly and some say you can't, there seems to be a fairly even mix on this site of people who lose doing it either way if that helps. As long as you only use a maximum of 105 each week I personally don't think it matters which way. Hugs Crystal xx

It's not officially recognised as part of the plan as saving syns is ultimatly for a complete blow out, which isn't really the best of things to do.

However, many people do use weekly syns and it doesn't affect their weight loss. If it works for you then I see no reason to stop but if your weight loss is affected then switch back to daily syns.

xx

Thanks, I thought this would be the case. I do tend to use most syns daily anyway, its just a few here and there that are carried over as I don't tend to go out at weekends like I used to so it would be very rare I would use them all at once.
Its more like 8 one day and 12 the next etc.
Thanks for your help!

there was a big hoo hah in my class about this when we had a substitue consulant for a couple of weeks and when my proper consultant came back what she said was that officially SW say we are to have between 5-15syns every day, and they reset when you're asleep, but that in reality the majority of members and consultants use them weekly and it generally works fine. She did also say that if someone isn't losing, or their losses slow down then this would be something to look at changing, but usually people can easily run it that way right to target.

there was a big hoo hah in my class about this when we had a substitue consulant for a couple of weeks and when my proper consultant came back what she said was that officially SW say we are to have between 5-15syns every day, and they reset when you're asleep, but that in reality the majority of members and consultants use them weekly and it generally works fine. She did also say that if someone isn't losing, or their losses slow down then this would be something to look at changing, but usually people can easily run it that way right to target.

Thank you, sounds like good advice. its certainly something to look at if my weight loss stalls. :)

It's not officially recognised as part of the plan as saving syns is ultimatly for a complete blow out, which isn't really the best of things to do.

xx

Hmm - not totally true - I sometimes have 5 syns a day throughout the week then have maybe 30-40 on a weekend night- I'd hardly consider that a blow out. I do however accept that some people just drink 105 syns worth of vodka on a Saturday night - I doubt very much they are the norm though.

I think that it is personal preference, but you should ALWAYS have 5 syns a day regardless. Otherwise you're eating dry dinners all week just for a few drinks at the weekend.
Best suggestion is to try it one week, and see how it affect your losses. Some people can get away with it and other can't - just be aware of that if & when you do try it and be prepared mentally if it doesn't work.

I lost 2st using weekly syns. I would have very few during the week and save them for weekend wine and takeaway.

If I had got nearer target I might have had to cut them down and change to daily syns, but it worked well for me. Our c said its not recommended because that way you are depriving yourself and risking a binge if you feel deprived. She said she used weekly syns because she knew she could easily live on free and he food all week without binging.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back