Saving syns?

Ghostie

Does anybody else on here save their syns and have a good meal on weigh day evening? before i put all my weight back on i lost 5 stone in 6 months and i think this really helped me..I never used to have any syns during the week but then after weigh in id have a chinese or whatever treat i fancied.. The reason i did this is i found it hard to use my syns during any other day and stop.. i wouldnt be able to have 1 fun size milkyway id have 4.. i couldnt have 2 biscuits id have 6 and before i knew it be over my syns.. Just felt more in control having one treat night a week on weigh day... Anyone else do this? :)

Yep, I don't stick to a fixed amount per day either. I admit I don't have syn free days all week and have a blow out all on one day but I'm sure I've read some who do save for a boozy weekend etc and work on the weekly syn amount. I have a tendency to have low syn days as opposed to no syn and then if I fancy a treat one night, I feel like I have some 'banked syns' to use. (I used to do this many years ago when I did WW too). I know SW don't recommend it and it's not for all. I think it's a try it and see approach, and if it works then I say why not?

Everyone is different but this doesn't work for me. I tend to gain weight if i use more than my 15 syns a day. If I go out i flexi syn and continue on as normal and even if i gain i will have a good loss the following week if i stay on plan (the bit i'm struggling on). Before i got pregnant with my daughter i stopped myself from having a treat night after weigh in and it was hard but the weight started to drop off and instead every few weeks I would have a day off (usually for special event) or even a few days off and get straight back on plan. I lost over 5 stones and was in the 12 stone bracket and then i got pregnant and stopped going to group. My daughter is now 12 months old and I am now back in group but finding it so hard to shake off treat night and its affecting my weight because i cant stop at the one day. What you might find is it might not affect you right now but maybe it might affect your weightloss the nearer you get to target x

Yep, I don't stick to a fixed amount per day either. I admit I don't have syn free days all week and have a blow out all on one day but I'm sure I've read some who do save for a boozy weekend etc and work on the weekly syn amount. I have a tendency to have low syn days as opposed to no syn and then if I fancy a treat one night, I feel like I have some 'banked syns' to use. (I used to do this many years ago when I did WW too). I know SW don't recommend it and it's not for all. I think it's a try it and see approach, and if it works then I say why not?

I agree with you.. I think its quite good for me as i dont drink so people may use their syns in the week for a glass of wine and i dont have that problem :)

Everyone is different but this doesn't work for me. I tend to gain weight if i use more than my 15 syns a day. If I go out i flexi syn and continue on as normal and even if i gain i will have a good loss the following week if i stay on plan (the bit i'm struggling on). Before i got pregnant with my daughter i stopped myself from having a treat night after weigh in and it was hard but the weight started to drop off and instead every few weeks I would have a day off (usually for special event) or even a few days off and get straight back on plan. I lost over 5 stones and was in the 12 stone bracket and then i got pregnant and stopped going to group. My daughter is now 12 months old and I am now back in group but finding it so hard to shake off treat night and its affecting my weight because i cant stop at the one day. What you might find is it might not affect you right now but maybe it might affect your weightloss the nearer you get to target x

I did sw before and i lost 5 stone.. i really think saving my syns and using them on weigh day really helped me to stay on track as i had something to look forward to all week :)

I'm like Jeanne and have low syn days. For me though it's more because we tend to have takeaway when I stay at my boyfriend's than to have a treat night after wi.

Back