Saving up Syns (confused)

Fat.ems

So I went to group yesterday and asked if we were allowed to save syns for the week & use them all at the weekend to indulge. My consultant told me under no circumstances can I do this. She explained the use of flexible syns if I need to go over but this could slow down weight loss. Consultant said if I don't use the 5-15 syns per day I loose them no carrying over. On various boards I have been on people condone the saving of syns (so have 105 per week instead of -5 or so per day) so was wondering has or does anyone save and use their syns in a weekly basis and still see good results??? Xxxx

So I went to group yesterday and asked if we were allowed to save syns for the week & use them all at the weekend to indulge. My consultant told me under no circumstances can I do this. She explained the use of flexible syns if I need to go over but this could slow down weight loss. Consultant said if I don't use the 5-15 syns per day I loose them no carrying over. On various boards I have been on people condone the saving of syns (so have 105 per week instead of -5 or so per day) so was wondering has or does anyone save and use their syns in a weekly basis and still see good results??? Xxxx

If you have a look further down the board there are a couple of threads about this, that may help you out. It actually says on the SW website that you can save them up, however this doesn't work for every one. Some people have their 5-15 every day, some count backwards from 105, some have 5 a day an save the rest for the weekend! You've got to find what works for you. Good luck x

My new C says that you have 105 syns for the week and how and when you use them is your choice. I have dione this in the past and I have to say it didn't make my weight loss any slower but these days I do tend to stick to the 10 to 15 daily. I think we're all different and finding the right balance for yourself is what is needed x

I think the trouble with saving syns is that you're not re-educating yourself to see treats as a small daily thing. I use 10 - 15 a day, and tend to have a small amount of cake or chocolate. If I saved the 105 syns for a weekly sugar fest, I don't think it would be healthy for me physically or psychologically as I have had trouble with chocolate bingeing in the past. The old saying 'everything in moderation' is good advice!
The only time I might have fewer syns in the day is if I know that I'm going to eat out at a restaurant where there are no SW friendly options, so I'll have more to play with on the day of the meal.

I think the trouble with saving syns is that you're not re-educating yourself to see treats as a small daily thing.

Sorry but I disagree! if u hav your treats/195 syns once a wk your still learning that its havin junk/lots of treats every day that means u put on weight.

Whether you have 15 daily syns or 105 weekly syns your still eating the sane amount if cals so its what works for you!!!

Thank you everyone for your replies all very helpful. I think I will see how I get on with the 5-15 per day unless I have an eating out night or something I have to go to then I may try the weekly save. Thanks guys this was sooo helpful xxxx

hi im new to this so still not got a clue..... i like a drink on odd weekends? so do i have 5 a day then save the rest 4 weekend? i like malibu is this high in syns x

hi im new to this so still not got a clue..... i like a drink on odd weekends? so do i have 5 a day then save the rest 4 weekend? i like malibu is this high in syns x

Hi mummyto2 I am the same as you! Not sure about the Malibu syns but it should be in your book you received at group? I think some people do save syns and it absolutely fine for them but I am going to use mine daily or loose them! Good luck! Xx

i think the whole point of the daily syn quota is to teach us to syn in moderation.

for example, i have a bag of dark chocolate m&ms that ive been rationing for 3 days now. had i not been on plan, they wouldnt have lasted 3 minutes, let alone 3 days!

xx

Unfortunately saving up syns never work for me as i always gain when i do that so just tend to flexi syn now and accept the gain and plus i need those 10 to 15 syns a day for my everyday oil and choc use. If saving up syns works for you go for it x

I start my week with 105 and deduct as I go through the week.
i only do it like this as some days I may not want any syns at all but other days I may use around 20-25.
As long as I do not go over the weekly allowance then I am fine xxx

Carrying over syns ?

Hi
quick question , can you carry over your unused syns ?
Rollover style ?

Back