Savoury rice question

mandie35

Hi

Please could someone answer a quick question for me on the EE Plan.

I have been cooking my own savoury rice using the following ingredients and was wondering if it would be classed a free ??

Uncle bens Boiled Rice with peppers, onions, sweetcorn, mushrooms and bacon.

I fry it in frylight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mandie

As long as all the fat was cut off the bacon it should be fine :)

No tinned fruit is synned, although sometimes you can use it as a HEX. Best to get it in natural juice. Syns vary depending on what fruit it is and whether its in juice or syrup, but eg pineapple is:

Pineapple, canned in juice, 100g 2½
Pineapple, canned in syrup, 100g 3½

Hi

Please could someone answer a quick question for me on the EE Plan.

I have been cooking my own savoury rice using the following ingredients and was wondering if it would be classed a free ??

Uncle bens Boiled Rice with peppers, onions, sweetcorn, mushrooms and bacon.

I fry it in frylight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mandie

Uncle Bens Express Basmati Rice, ambient, 250g pouch is 1 1/2 syns per pouch on EE :)

Is the Uncles Ben's rice the ready cooked stuff in a pouch? If it is, it has a syn value.

Oh sorry when the OP said "Boiled rice" I thought s/he meant the boil-in-the-bag stuff :eek:

Basmati Rice, Boil in the Bag, dried, 125g bag Free

Long Grain Rice, Boil in the Bag, 8 pack, dried, 62.5g bag Free

The Express stuff is syns, yeah, sorry.

I wasn't sure Erm, just when she said Uncle Ben's I thought it might be.....

Either way, OP will know now ;-)

Just seen this and made me smile in a "now that's weird!" way!
I was in sainsburys this morning and saw the batchelors "savoury rice" packs and really fancied one, tried to log onto here to find out syns but my phone wouldn't connect. My name is also Mandie :eek:) random comment and sorry to thread hijack, thought for a min id posted without realising!

Back