Savoury snack with low syns

Toristo

Hi all, hope you've had successful weekends!? I'm on day 5 of sw. All going sort if ok but I'm really stuck for savoury snacks that aren't cold cuts of meat or veg and fruit. I'm eating loads of good free foods as snacks and also fat free yogurts but everything seems like a trip to the kitchen to start cooking again. Any suggestions?
Tori x

I make some mini syn free quiches using cottage cheese and egg and just keep them in the fridge for free snacks.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

im living off babybel and laughing cow at the moment i know its not a brill snack... apparently a lot of people love this scan bran cake if u put it the search thing youll find it im thinking of buying some at the meeting on thurs xxx

Ooh, babytreetrunk, your post has reminded me of the cheese and marmite scan bran muffins. They are delicious. It is a bit late now, but I think I'll make some when I get in from work tomorrow to take in my packed lunches.

Toristo, if you like the sound of these The recipe can be found here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/214466-cheese-marmite-scan-bran-loaf.html this recipe does say to cook in a loaf tin, but I did it as individual portions in a silicone muffin tin and it worked just as well.

A word of warning though, they are VERY filling. I didn't realise, ate 3 in one go and then after about twenty minutes felt ridiculously full and couldn't eat for the rest of the day.

I should think so. When I make them they do tend to come out with quite a strong marmite flavour, so I think that a cheese and bovril combo would work too. If you are not a fan of marmite, then I would steer clear- they are not subtle with flavour!

hmmm fair enough dont think bovril is veggie (could be wrong)... still might try with marmite and if i dont like them ill give it to my housemate because she loves the stuff... weird but i like marmite crisps so we will see :D x

I love snack-a-jacks at ?5 syns a pack. Just had one lol.

You can get little bags of popcorn in Sainsburys for 2.5 syns! Gonna try and find the post I made about it had bump it up...

You can get little bags of popcorn in Sainsburys for 2.5 syns! Gonna try and find the post I made about it had bump it up...

Ooh, what brand are they? I love popcorn!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ooh, what brand are they? I love popcorn!

They are Sainsburys own - I found them with the multipacks of crisps. You get 2 cheese and chive, 2 paprika and 2 salt and vinegar in a pack :D

They are Sainsburys own - I found them with the multipacks of crisps. You get 2 cheese and chive, 2 paprika and 2 salt and vinegar in a pack :D

Thank you, I'll check them out tomorrow!

Back