Savoury vegetable drink - Free on Sole Source!

Mares

Has anyone else tried this??

This is my second start at Sole Source after losing three stone last Summer and keeping it off fine (I have another two to go). last Saturday at my consultants I spied this white pot by the soups and shakes..upon reading the label I thought to myself "Hey, I love savoury drinks, I wonder if this is equivalent to a pack?" I asked my lovely CDC who suprised and delighted me by saying it was free! I could have as much as I wanted! Yay!!!!! I've had about three cups today along with my two packs so far and loadsa water..and lemme tell ya does it help with the hunger pangs..!! It's kinda powdery and you dose out how much you want.. I'd never heard of it last Summer...

Does anyone else drink it?

Mares x x

I dont use the official CD savoury drink but I use Marigold Bouillion which is very similar. Havent actually had any this time round, but during my 3 months on the diet before I used to have it most days. Be careful not to have too much though as Ive been told it contains salt which can lead to water retention.

yes i have used yes you can use it on ss and it is lovely :D

I've had the savoury veg but now have Marigold to save a bit of money. I go for the low salt version and find it helps stave off the hunger - it tastes like Chicken noodle soup without the noodles! :)

I also limit myself to one cup a day though.

You can have the Savoury drink on SS but we do say no more than 1 a day...2 max.

The Marigold is only 1 or 2 per day too! They have a salt content and too much can make you retain water.

The Marigold Vegetable Bouillon can be bought from a supermarket.

I get mine in Tesco

oh dangit..my consultant said I could have as much as I wanted..!

Where do I get this Marigold from?

You can get it from Tesco....but be aware that because it is higher in salt than the CD one...it can make you retain fluid.

Russiandoll ... where do you get the soup and whats the name of it , as i'm fed up with black coffee , and cold water ... time for a change

Sorry to hi-jack thread but hi Jackie and well done just seen your first week loss - fab!!

Gx

Russiandoll ... where do you get the soup and whats the name of it , as i'm fed up with black coffee , and cold water ... time for a change

I was just saying that Marigold tastes like chicken noodle soup without the noodles!
I've also tried Knorr chicken stock granules (bought them from Asda) ... very slightly higher in carbs than Marigold (so I'm NOT suggesting anyone else try them) but it worked out at 10 cals for a teaspoon and was SO chicken-y that, for me, it was worth the deviation. As I say though - don't follow my lead; I'm just trying to get through as best I can :)

I found when i had the savoury drink from CD i was soo hungry afterwards but with bouillion the hunger pangs arn't as bad.

I find Marigold Bouillon an absolute life-saver for those so-hungry-I'm-going-to-chew-my-own-arm-off moments. You can buy in most supermarkets with oxo cubes etc.

I prefer the organic one in the orangey/brown tub as it has little (minute) bits (of veg) in it. That one is sometime in the organic section of supermarkets. (Beware - purple one is not nice)

i agree peridot!

I've found that adding a teaspoon of the veg drink into the soups give them a real nice kick... chicken is the best one :)

I've found that adding a teaspoon of the veg drink into the soups give them a real nice kick... chicken is the best one :)

Ohh - I do that too!! (but with extra water and some PH ;))

On LL we can have a max of 2 cups a day of it.

what about

the 'just bouillon stock cubes'
I have some and the details on the back are:
per 100ml of stock = 7cal, protein 0.3g, carbs 0.3gs of which sugars 0.1g fat 0.6g of which saturates 0.3g, fibre 0.1g, sodium 0.4g.
If anyone can check their powdered variety I'd be really grateful. I'm freezing and this would warm me up lovely - so I am sat here staring at it until you reply :bliss:

I'm no expert - but they sound reasonably low in carbs, cals, fat and sodium ... and if a cup of hot savoury drink makes life a little brighter, is there really any great harm?

At the chance of being flamed ... in your shoes, I'd have the hot drink :)

Here you go (this is for the ordinary Bouillon in the green tub):

Per serving (5g/250ml):
12 kcal
0.5 protein
1.5 carbs, of which 0.4 sugar
0.4 fat, of which 0.2 saturates
0.9 sodium

Hope that helps (had a tub on my desk!).

Back