saying goodbye, see you later.

sididd

Gold Member
Hi girls, ive been on the Dukan forum now since february and in that time there have been so many wonderful, funny, motivational and supportive members that have just disapeared.....and i would just like to suggest as we become part of each others journey when one leaves, goes awol or has a dukan break. It would be nice to drop a post to see 'see you later' xxx im a sentimental old bugger, lol anyone agree?????

Jan thats lovely but youd better not be going anywhere xxx

God no, ive lost my weight only with the support on hear and when i get to conso like you ill still be on the forum to keep me on the right path xxx

jan9209 said:
Nope I'm like hobnobs I'm going nowhere flower DIP ME AGAIN!!! lol x

Love a bit of peter kay lol xxx

i also thought you were leaving us:eek:

Flippin hell noooo i'll be last man standing xxx

Skinny woman....i'll accept that lol xxx

Well to speak for myself - I've not left but I go quiet for long periods these days, for a variety of reasons: busy; bored with the umpteenth time the same question has been asked, the one I have answered about 100 times in the last two years, I know that it's not the asking persons fault at all but I have just run out of steam and rarely feel inclined discuss yoghurt, oatbran, minor 1-day cruise stalls or even conso again...; food behaviour I'm not particularly proud of and don't want to share; nothing worth reporting; the list goes on and on. I assume/know that your comment was not at all aimed at me as I'm such an irregular visitor now anyway but you will find that most people who stay away do not necessarily do so because they planned to, so moment to post a "see you later never" arises until it's way too late and you're been awol for months.

Nice idea though.

Last woman standing that will be me. Nothing particularly skinny about me at the moment either, but still a comfortable size 12.

Well ill stand next to you then and we'll be the last not that skinny woman standing. Do you find that keep popping on keeps you on the straight and narrow? Or is Dukan just become your way of life? Im not on conso yet but love the structure if this eating plan. I know i could become bored but the foods on the plan are what id usually eat, cooked different but im not missing carbs .....hope it continues xxx

Scooter, i need you and the other conso girls shortly so hope your ready to advise, and coach me....your ai holiday without a gain was amazing dukan willpower xxx

Thanks Sidd xx im on conso yes but still only dipping my toe in ;-) not yet had gala or pasta!! Loving the veggies fruit bread and cheese tho!! Won't be long Sidd before you're on conso and showing us how its done!! xx

i pop in and out, i try to come on here every day but circumstances dont always allow, but if i was going away for good i wouldn't just disappear xx

Well ill stand next to you then and we'll be the last not that skinny woman standing. Do you find that keep popping on keeps you on the straight and narrow? Or is Dukan just become your way of life? Im not on conso yet but love the structure if this eating plan. I know i could become bored but the foods on the plan are what id usually eat, cooked different but im not missing carbs .....hope it continues xxx

(warning long ramble coming up, and veering completely off topic!)

Hiya, I don't think popping in keeps me on the s&n particularly these days as I've stopped sharing *my* days... I just like to read the chat updates and occasionally I see myself moved to reply or give encouragement somewhere. Conso is great, it gives you such a good guide on what you can have including a bit of what you fancy. After a while and looses at first I worked out exactly what I could eat & get away with (such as joining in the occasional coffee morning treat at work etc) and still STS. I knew that returning to 'strict' conso would even out any minor over-indulgences and it worked fine. I did not do any cruising, because I believe it's better for your body.

There is an old old diary lurking somewhere if you can find it. And a neglected dormant conso/stab diary too.

I found that Stab is really like an continuation of Conso, you settle into a way of life. I was doing fine on that for about 2 years but since this spring I've found it harder to resist the extras (and more), so the weight has crept up slowly. at some point this summer I sort of gave up altogether and joined in with the rest of my family at snack times etc. I am still running and eating healthily but when I crack it's the bread (wholemeal, rye, home made, stoneground) or oats (porridge, oatcakes) that get me, plus fruit, especially dried. I'm not particularly drawn to 'junk', though the jar of nutella which my MIL helpfully 'donated' to our household did not help (I normally buy another spread that I don't like and the kid's don't mind the difference)!
Anyway, I've now done 2 weeks of cruise (I never redo attack though, maybe 2PPs in a row) up to last week and it was going well, but then I had Tue and Weds with 'excuses' (bake & decorate a super-chocolate birthday cake. next day have a birthday dinner for DD2), and at that moment my willpower now just fails and the bread in the cupboard and the strawberry jam in the fridge become fair game! If I could just stick to having the nice meal and a slice of cake it would be fine! Then Thu and Fri I muddled through quite badly, and Sat was the proper birthday party (and another bakeathon on Fri and lots of Party food I had to sample, honest! on Sat). Sunday was better, but relaxed, it was also my Chariots of Fire Charity race so I ate a healthy dukan-friendly breakfast (with egg) and had a banana just before my run. I managed the fastest 1.7miles I have every run in my life. After cycling home I was famished and found my last 'nakd' bar (another weakness) that I just had to demolish before returning to cruise...

I have not stepped on the scales since last weekend but I suspect as sizeable water gain. Today is back to PP and cruise and that should be no problem. I might be brave and weigh next weekend. There are a few social occasion obstacles in the next month and then we're staying with my sister for a week.

What I need to achieve right now is a proper span of cruise with no 5-day interruptions! I'll probably even find it hard to do conso while visiting my sis but I'll have to work that one out nearer the time (end of Oct). MY aim is to stick it out till I'm back at 64k/10st

Good luck anja, with this diet not been as well known as ww, sw its good to read a long standing members points of view and that the battle still continues, but with the tools ie the four stages of Dukan that control returning to old habbits.Hope your back to your 10 stone soon. And congratulation with your running .

Back