Scale capacity - concerned potential new member

joee

Hey guys,

I hope that it is ok for me to post here as I have not actually joined a class yet

I am a reletively new member to the forums, I registered my account a little while ago but not really posted. I was wondering what the capacity of the scales are at the weight watchers meetings. I ask this is as I am very overweight and I don't want to go and break them.

Thank you for your time

Jo

Hi Jo,

I don't know the capacity but I wouldn't worry that you will break them. After all the whole point of going to weight watchers is for people to lose weight. I go to a class and they are heavy duty ones so I think it would take a lot to break them. My scales at home weigh people over 20 stone and still work.

Good luck with your journey.

Kate x

Hi and welcome to the forum! The scales used in my meetings are not your average home scales, they look quite heavy duty and have a separate electronic readout. I shouldn't worry that you will be too heavy, but maybe have a quiet word with the leader before you are weighed to make sure?

Thank you both Kate and ununpentium for your kind replies.

Just to update I have decided to bite the bullet and phoned the head office who said that the scales go up to 35st which is a bit of a relief.

Thank you again

Jo x

Thank you x

The scales cost around £500 each. They are VERY heavy duty :)

Thank you both Kate and ununpentium for your kind replies.

Just to update I have decided to bite the bullet and phoned the head office who said that the scales go up to 35st which is a bit of a relief.

Thank you again

Jo x

Have you got any scales at home? I'm not sure of your weight, my start weight was 29 stone 7 (I think) and I got some scales from amazon that are great. I'll try and find the link. Me and trimnslim have the same ones as we started at similar weights.
Don't be scared of your numbers. It took ALOT of courage to post my weight but I figured what the hell. I don't know anyone here so it doesn't matter what they think! People like me even though I was 29 stone and that is a great feeling :) if you are 55 stone even, I don't care!! No one does on here. What matters is that you are doing something about it.
My name is Louise and I was 29 stone. There you go... No one died. The world didnt end. Get used to your numbers, own them, be prouder that you are making them smaller.
Weight doesn't determine a person, strength and personality does.
I went off a bit there but bla - it's all relevant!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Salter stowaweigh 9147 scales on amazon (cheapest) £20.30. They are brill. Go up to 30st in think xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back