Scales in different classes

laurawalker85

Hi, I am a little confused! Basically I sometimes weigh myself at home and my scales are usually always accurate compared to my usual class that I go to. I expected to put on a pound from seeing my scales this morning but had to go to another class this evening due to work. I got there and ended up losing 4lb!! Brill news especially as been working hard this week what with Zumba but thought this was the pound I put on retaining water. Anyway got back home and got on my scales and still says a pound on from what it did last week?! Can the other classes scales being wrong? I'm really confused and a little worried I've not got a true reading!

I can't answer your question directly, but I know that when my consultant recalibrates (I think thats the right word!) her scales they are suddenly at least 1lb out from mine at home. I always seem to have a gain that week. However two weeks later it all goes back to normal again and my scales at home will again match her's. Very strange!

Thanks for your reply. It is rather odd isnt it? I got on the scales this morning to have another check and again is still saying (presuming my home scales are accurate with my regular class) that I would of put 1lb on! I suppose at the end of the day there may be a little difference in each classes scales but I highly doubt it will be as much as a 4lb difference so am gonna take that as what I have lost and hope to god that when I go to my weigh in at my regular class next week I wont of all of a sudden put weight on!

Well today is the day, I got back to my regular class, if I end up putting loads of weight on I think I may speak with my leader about the other classes scales and how way out they are!! False perseptions! But lets hope they were correct... fingers crossed for me! :)

do they have a weight thing that they can test the scales with ?? at class , as they do get moved around a bit, and sometimes it depends what floor your on carpet or tiles ,
at home i buy a 2.5 kg bag of spuds so i can check my scales are accurate just a cheap way to check

do they have a weight thing that they can test the scales with ?? at class , as they do get moved around a bit, and sometimes it depends what floor your on carpet or tiles ,
at home i buy a 2.5 kg bag of spuds so i can check my scales are accurate just a cheap way to check and i can eat the spuds!!!

Back