scales not moving :(

I started over 2 weeks ago, my first week i lost 7.5 lbs,

taking me from 12 stone 11 to 12 stone 3.5 on the 15th may,

i weighed myself half way through my 2nd week, on the 19th i think and i was 12. st 1lb

now its the 24th and im 12 st 1.3/4 ???

so in the last 4 days ive put ON 3/4 of a lb? :( :( :(

I was expecting to be under 2 stones way by now and am really sick of looking at the scales and them STS or going up??

Ive changed the battery on my scales but they are pissing me off tbh as they keep chaning by a lb or 2 up and down.

I dont feel demotivated as im carrying on but its upsetting as i want to get below 12 stone and im stuck even tho im 100% bar piece of toast :(

Did you really expect to lose 2 stone in 2 weeks or have I read that wrong?!

Not sure when you had your piece of toast but if it was in the four days since your last weigh in I'm not at all surprised that you put on weight. It will have kocked you out of ketosis - this isn't a diet like WW or SW where you can have unhealpful foods now and again and it only has small effects. If you have high carb food on a VLCD you will be knocked out of ketosis and you will put weight on. However, if you then continue with the programme and get back into ketosis the weght will come off quickly because it's mostly water.

I think she means under 12 stone

sorry my keybard missed off the 1.... i expected to be under 12 stone by now, im stuck a lb over!! lol at 12 stone 1

i never come out of ketosis, i have keto sticks and checked morning and night after eating the toast. still a dark positive.

dont put your faith in those sticks, great indicator of dehydration but thats it. If you ate a piece of toast then thats why you havent lost weight, if you stay 100% then you will see a loss. Its a no brainer really.

Yea it moght be a no brainer but im only human and not a machine ho can just switch off to temptation :sigh:

Ah - that explains the 2 stone in 2 weeks mystery!!!

It will be the toast which has caused this weight behaviour. However, if you always get a dark colour on the ketostix then you are not drinking enough. I have found a direct correlation between drinking more water and losing more weight - but don't go overboard! Personally I drink 5 to 6 litres of water a day - but spread throughout the day.

theyre NHS sticks theyre not rubbish. I'm def not dehydrated, DH showing as completely neg so Im trusting in them, why would the NHS use them if they don't work?

I just have to get on ith it I suppose.

:(

Chuck the sticks and focus on being 100% instead. You will get the results.

Hang in there hun x

yh i think i will.

i just wish id get belo 12 it just feel like i'll be stuck here forever!! lol

if you stick to it 100% from now, next weigh in you will have lost i promise, I dont think scale hopping helps either cuz dependant on what we've eaten/ drank or been the loo
we can weigh various throughout the day, so stick to once a week weighing and always on the same day.
try and forget youre on a 'diet' and just concentrate on eating the right things. I think the word diet sets us up to fail, its sets youre mind thinking omg im being deprived.
keep at it, you can do it.

theyre NHS sticks theyre not rubbish. I'm def not dehydrated, DH showing as completely neg so Im trusting in them, why would the NHS use them if they don't work?

I just have to get on ith it I suppose.

:(

It doesnt matter what sticks they are - theyre notoriously unreliable.

Do yourself 2 favours before you completely lose faith in this. 1: Put the scales away 2: Bin the sticks

Daily weigh ins are fine if you can roll with the fluctiations, which clearly you cant. Put them away, weigh yourself once a week and youll see movement.
As for the sticks, forget about them. These sticks arent designed for people on VLCDs, theyre unreliable and totally stress people out

I started over 2 weeks ago, my first week i lost 7.5 lbs,

taking me from 12 stone 11 to 12 stone 3.5 on the 15th may,

i weighed myself half way through my 2nd week, on the 19th i think and i was 12. st 1lb

now its the 24th and im 12 st 1.3/4 ???

so in the last 4 days ive put ON 3/4 of a lb? :( :( :(

I was expecting to be under 2 stones way by now and am really sick of looking at the scales and them STS or going up??

Ive changed the battery on my scales but they are pissing me off tbh as they keep chaning by a lb or 2 up and down.

I dont feel demotivated as im carrying on but its upsetting as i want to get below 12 stone and im stuck even tho im 100% bar piece of toast :(

How close are you to your overall goal?

What I'm noticing is that the closer you are to what your body 'perceives' as its "normal weight" and not necessarily your "ideal weight" (what you'd like to be/what BMI says - if you're into that sort of thing), the losses seem to slow down.

I haven't seen anyone on the other side of 15 stone stalling unless they're cheating or taking in citric acid and things like that unawares.

I've got just over a stone to get to the weight I'd like to be (although BMI will classify me as obese or whatever!)
and I've been stuck at 12 st 2lbs for 6 days now. Last month I spent 23 days stuck at 12 st 12 and then spent a week wooshing. So hang in there, it will come off eventually :)

How close are you to your overall goal?

What I'm noticing is that the closer you are to what your body 'perceives' as its "normal weight" and not necessarily your "ideal weight" (what you'd like to be/what BMI says - if you're into that sort of thing), the losses seem to slow down.

I haven't seen anyone on the other side of 15 stone stalling unless they're cheating or taking in citric acid and things like that unawares.

I've got just over a stone to get to the weight I'd like to be (although BMI will classify me as obese or whatever!)
and I've been stuck at 12 st 2lbs for 6 days now. Last month I spent 23 days stuck at 12 st 12 and then spent a week wooshing. So hang in there, it will come off eventually :)

im 12.1 and would like to be about 10.7.

Am really gonna atick hard and get exercising too. got about 5 dvds on the way. lol

im 12.1 and would like to be about 10.7.

Am really gonna atick hard and get exercising too. got about 5 dvds on the way. lol

Starlight is so right. The only thing that got the scales moving for me last month was stopping the exercise.

By today, I hadn't exercised for 17 days, and went back to the gym hoping that just as much as stopping exercise got the scales moving, the "shock" of working out again will lead to pounds dropping.

Let us know how you get on x

i havent started the exercise yet so its not that.

scales same this morning too.

thats 5 days being at 12.1 now. grrrr

Right,

I need new scales anyways so im going to bin these scales now and be 100% (i have been the whole time anyways besides the 1 piece of toast) and NOT buy any new ones till I get back from caravan, so will be atleast a week from now before I'll be able to weigh myself!!

Ive got to have lost 1lb by then on 100%!!

Right,

I need new scales anyways so im going to bin these scales now and be 100% (i have been the whole time anyways besides the 1 piece of toast) and NOT buy any new ones till I get back from caravan, so will be atleast a week from now before I'll be able to weigh myself!!

Ive got to have lost 1lb by then on 100%!!

Good idea hun! If it's any comfort, I've also STS this morning. But stay strong...it's gotta give sometime x

Back