Total Solution Scared of weighing myself. Help x

Im starting total solution in a few days and need to weigh myself to track weight loss and make goals etc but im very scared. I know im very heavy but its going to really make me feel down because it will make it more "real". Ive been in denial about my weight for years (avoiding scales, mirrors and any kind of reflections)

Dont worry, You're heading in the right direction! Whatever the scales say, It wont be that number for long, Its just your starting numbers. So while you're on them scales, Say goodbye to them numbers :) It can be daunting, but starting is part of the solution and you're on your way! None of us on this forum want to be the weight the scales say, So we are all here to support you and eachother, Be strong and remember that the scales will soon start to reward you with amazing feelings of achievement and confidence as the weight comes off, and it wont be that long away either :) Good luck hun xx

I was scared too. Infact, I put it off for so long that im now 3st more than i was last year when i planned to start the diet lol. Im here now though! Im finding it ok thanks hun, Day 2 of Exante Total today and the only thing that bothers me is the water. Im usually drinking 3 litres of squash a day easy, but now i need to wait to go shopping before i can get juice im allowed, so i have got a few bottles of Coke Zero from the shops for now (Just dont think im allowed too much of it so have to be careful!).

When do you plan on starting? There are so many of us starting with it being the new year, So you will have a lot of support. You're going to get there :) xx

Id really like to swap email address's or even phone numbers with someone so i know that support is just on the end of the phone if i really needed it but i cant and wouldnt want to post my details on an open forum like this. To private message you need 50 posts's. Ive only got 12

I think we can all relate to that hun, But we wont be fatties for long lol, Best of luck to you and try not to worry about the scales too much just get it over with. You will be smaller than a lot of others here im sure, We all have different journeys but are all heading to the same place xx

I brought some scales the other day. But they are still sat in the box. I just cant do it! Maybe if I do it in lbs instead of stones would be easier to swallow?

Maybe! There are a lot of success stories on here i have read, Pleople who have started at 38st and are down to 11st, Amazing. Whatever your weight, It is just the beginning and once you find out the numbers then you know what your working with. Im sure the first weeks results will give you a huge boost anyway, as most have a good loss and it will make you feel better. What's the worst that can happen really? No need to feel ashamed or afraid, It's just a number you're going to shrink :) xx

If you go through all the Exante threads you will find the story plus a lot of others too! I can't say exactly where now as i have been glued to this website since this morning nand have read almost everything hehe! The last story i just read was a lady who went from 350lbs down to 119lbs, Fabulous stories and photos on here xx

Thanks for your message. . But ive done this so many times before. Thought "Right, this is it" and ive lost weight. Ive regained it all every time. Sorry if sound moany. I cant help it. This is why ive not took control of my weight sooner cuz i think - Im just gona put it all back on again so whys the point?? I done really well on slimmimg world about 6 years ago. I lost 3 stones. My starting weight was alot less than it is now so i didnt feel so overwhelmed. I regained the 3 stones and more went for it again, lost 2.5 stones then put it back on again and more again. Im now at a disgusting weight. (I have some idea)

I was 11 stone and really fit. The amount of weight i have gained is absolutely shocking. Im so shamed that i dont think i could tell you! People who havent seen me for years are shocked when they see me now.

Ive been putting this off for years.

Its like if i think about my weight it confirms how bad ive let myself go for so long. Which depresses me so its better to be in denial so i dont feel so worthless, ashamed and a failure. God im sorry, i really need to get this off my chest. My weight has been such a burden that i havent lived properly. Just existed. I feel soooooo overwhelmed by how much I have to lose but i cant live like this anymore. I feel upset just talking about this

You don't have to tell anyone your weight or even put it on the site.

If you've lost weight and gained it back a few times then maybe you need to think about how you view food. I don't believe you can successfully do Exante (or probably any diet) if you don't change your relationship with eating xx

You need to remember how you feel right now, so that when you lose with Exante, you'll never go back to the way you are at the moment. Yes, it's overwhelming, but it's better to lose than to keep gaining if you put it off any longer :)

Hey dont appologise :) Spend some time in the success story threads, and look at the fabulous weight loss pictures of others. Any weight is achievable, It's never too late even if you have been on a rollercoaster with it for years. The people who have lost 20st probably felt they would never get anywhere, but everyone has to begin somewhere right? Its daunting, and depression if you look at it as a whole maybe, but just take it a bit at a time. Soon you will be much less than you are now, and those feelings you have now wont be there anymore. You'll be glad you made a start once and for all. Dont be put off because you have lost track in the past, However many times. The final time has got to start somewhere at sometime and this is it. Believe in your strength, and just go at it full force. The amount of times i have babbled on about a 'final diet'.. 17 years later im still a chubby sod BUT i am doing it now. This time i havnt told anyone. Im just getting on with it and staying on this forum for chats and support. You can so do it, Forget the past. This is a new year, It can be a new you. A new you that will look back on how you felt now and smile because you have come so far. A new you that will feel worthy, strong, confident, hapy and sexy! ;) I guess it's easy for me to talk but i am also doing it too and my weight has been out of control many times, gaining 6st, losing 5st, and so on over many years. I went through times where i wouldnt weigh, but now i have and the scales will read what i want them too soon enough. It doesnt matter how mnay stones you have, You can do it, Just look at the ones who have and let it give you the inspiration to achieve what you know deep down you can. You've lost before, You can do it again, and you can learn to maintain it like the ones over on the 'maintainers' have for years :) xx

Thankyou. and yes, i know your right. Cheers for letting me rant. Im not sure how i change my relationship with food but i will look into it. Ive GOT TO ACCEPT that ive let myself go, gained alot of weight and NEED to stop being a coward! x

That's the spirit :) In a few weeks you will feel fantastic and the weightloss will give you a great boost of self confidence, Me too xx

Hi guys just read your posts (hatebeingfat100) and you know wat there's no shame in getting it a of your chest but don't let fear stop u from getting to the place where u need to b to feel good ur gonna feel so happy like a new person wen u can buy clothes and feel good about yourself look people in the face not shy away life's too short for that . When u get to your goal and u will get there sure no one said its going to b easy cos it won't b but u know once u have taken the steps to order your packs u are halfway there life is about enjoyment and being happy and losing weight is a part of that for so many people including myself I have 2 stone to lose and I know some days r guna b hard but you can only ignore the situation for so long sooner or later ur mind will say enough is enough now is the time to stay positive and do this for you no drama!! keep posting it really will help I am starting today my packs arrived y'stday well I will b avin shakes n porridge I am ready for the a short time without food I need to do this its not forever just short term. Remember fear means: Face everything and rise not Face everything and Run!!!

Back