scared to go back!

hollystar100

lost the plot and been off plan for two weeks, had two all day weddings and knew id be well over my syns allowance so gave up! weighed at home and know I've put at least four pounds on and im so devastated as was only a pound off club 10. havnt had a big gain since Christmas and was only a stone off target at my last weigh in :( anyone got any advice on how to get over a big gain? feel really down about it as when I've gained before its been no more than a pound. any help would be appreciated I've already been food shopping but i really am nervous about going to class tonight :(

thanks think my massive gain is the kick up the bum i need, trying to get out of bad habits so just had my tea now which i never do so will b even more of a gain but at least next week won't be coming back starving!!

My only advice is go to group and if pos stay for image therapy. I would treat it like you are new to it and just go back to basics, you will loose it again.

What they said! Go, get weighed, draw a line under it and the it's done so you can continue your journey!

I went last week but missed the week before because I knew I would have a gain. It took a lot to go last week because I was so annoyed with myself. If I hadn't have got back on it last week I would be worse off this week.

Hope it's not as bad as you fear. x

yep was right about the massive gain 5.5 on! had dinner 1st though back to basics this week have forced oh into doing if with me!

To "get over it", you first of all need to acknowledge it - and that means going to group, facing the scales and drawing a line under it.

We all have times where we're off plan and have gains, but to be honest it's only 2 weeks out of 52, and it's just 4lb. The longer you put off going back to group, the more likely that gain is to increase - think how much worse you'll feel then.

Yes, initially going back to group and being told officially that you've gained won't be nice. But think how great you'll feel the next week, having been back on plan, going in with a loss.

Don't dwell on the past - you can't change it, but you can let go and start on your future.

Last edited:
Back