scared to start

laurenxx23

there is a meeting tomorrow at my local sw and i am so scared to go.
once i go thats it - total change
no more binging on takeaways and chocolate!
why am i feeling like this?
:confused:

You will know when you are ready.

Also yes there should ideally be no binging on takeaways and chocolate but you can still have them within the plan and feel more in control.

The sooner you start the sooner you will reach target..... You could be 6lb lighter this time next week......

Good luck

You are nervous because it is something new, but honestly, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Look on it as a positive change in your life - my SW class is fantastic and I have made some lovely friends there.

Good luck! xxxx

i was a little bit like that but something just clicked in my head and i knew that this was it. i cant tell you how relieved i felt once i had joined n made those first crucial steps to changing my life. my weight was getting me down n im now 2 1/2 stone lighter in 4 months with a further stone and a half t go. tomorrow is day one of the new you. i hope you enjoy your journey setting yourself small achievable targets will help with little rewards along the way. don't be scared we've all been there!!!x

laurenxx23 said:

It's a big change to make, and it's only natural to be scared, you wouldn't be human if you weren't! You're not alone though, we're all here with you too!

And you can still have takeaways and chocolate, but you'll learn how to incorporate them into a healthier way to eat. Good luck!

PS, I started two weeks ago, and I'm now 9.5lbs lighter, I can't tell you how good that makes me feel.

I feel exactly the same. But reading the responses here has really inspired me. I hope it does you too xx

I was scared stiff when I walked into group for the first time 14 weeks ago but everyone was so lovely and welcoming that I wasn't scared for long!

I used to go mental on takeaways, now I actually find it liberating to keep that bit of control and to enjoy a bit of chocolate or takeaway food in moderation instead of binging on it. You won't know how you'll feel until you give it go but I bet you feel better for it. And that you'll lose weight and discover a healthier way of eating that isn't really a 'diet'.

You've got nothing to lose except weight so give it a go and let us all know how you get on :)

I used to go mental on takeaways, now I actually find it liberating to keep that bit of control and to enjoy a bit of chocolate or takeaway food in moderation instead of binging on it.
So right! I do enjoy that I finally have control - not sure it will last forever, but it's a great start!
Lauren, I was scared too, but a few weeks on, I feel empowered. It's not easy, I won't win every week, but I know I'll keep trying and ultimately I'll get closer to goal. Good luck xx

Just remember that this is your CHOICE. You can CHOOSE to keep doing what you are doing now, eating endless takeaways, and beating yourself up with every mouthful because you dont believe you have the willpower to change this pattern and make a difference to your life, stay in your safe zone, even though its a safe zone that is doing you no good at all, or you can CHOOSE to take that step tomorrow, into a brighter, lighter, and happier future where you have the control over what you put into your body and you can begin to make sustainable changes to the way you live that can still include the things you enjoy, but in a more controlled and sensible manner. Fear of change is ABSOLUTELY normal - but once you have done it, you will wonder why you ever thought it was going to be a big deal.

It's entirely up to you. You have the control and all the power here - which path will you choose to take?

Go for it! We were all in that position, think how I felt going to a group as the only male with 50+ women.....
Once you find your feet you can involve yourself as much as you want, remember we are all looking for that final goal!
On SW & this forum you will find all the help you will need, if you get stuck, ask, there is always someone who can help, there are hundreds of recipes on here so you should never feel lost for ideas for recipes! Enjoy & good luck..............
Pete

It is scary but is it as scary as what could happen if you don't go and don't make the change?
I definitely wish I had been able to make changes earlier on before the binging on everything and anything whenever I liked affected my body so much.
Go for it!

Ok, this is not meant to be a negative message and I really don't want it to come across that way, but I tried lots of different plans and gave up after a few weeks, or a stone loss. I wasn't ready to do them.

When I joined slimming world, I had planned almost 3 months before that I was going to join it, I knew it had to be a time when I had nothing coming up initially which is why it took me so long to actually join. I was ready this time, I knew I was focused and I knew I wanted to change my eating habits for good. This time I will get there as even when I have a bad week, my main meals are still slimming world and I am automatically eating the slimming world way.

What I am trying to say is if you are not ready then don't join yet, do it when you are ready to do it and are ready to face those food demons. I am not trying to put you off but I really feel you need to be in the right place to face it. Obviously you will have first night nerves, they are normal, but you need to be thinking positive about the plan before you start, thinking great I can have that rather than thinking that you are giving things up x

shellywelly1983 said:
Ok, this is not meant to be a negative message and I really don't want it to come across that way, but I tried lots of different plans and gave up after a few weeks, or a stone loss. I wasn't ready to do them.

When I joined slimming world, I had planned almost 3 months before that I was going to join it, I knew it had to be a time when I had nothing coming up initially which is why it took me so long to actually join. I was ready this time, I knew I was focused and I knew I wanted to change my eating habits for good. This time I will get there as even when I have a bad week, my main meals are still slimming world and I am automatically eating the slimming world way.

What I am trying to say is if you are not ready then don't join yet, do it when you are ready to do it and are ready to face those food demons. I am not trying to put you off but I really feel you need to be in the right place to face it. Obviously you will have first night nerves, they are normal, but you need to be thinking positive about the plan before you start, thinking great I can have that rather than thinking that you are giving things up x

Couldn't agree more xx

I am sure it is a decision, once taken, that you wont regret. I have made so many good friends at my group and lost 2st 4lbs in the process and got to target. Its a healthy eating plan not a diet, and is is definately sustainable for life. Been at target now for so long and its just a way of life. You will so do this and we are all here to support and encourage. But yes you have to have your head in the right place. Hope this helps :)

Back