Scenario: you want comforting but live alone. What do you do...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 2 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

if you can't turn to food to get the comfort and you need that comfort immediately?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I call a mate, run a hot bad with some overpriced bubbled or come on here.

Are you ok sweets? xx

4. wishiwasslim

wishiwasslim Member

Hi dancing ive just found your reply, Thank you i would have to say after reading that, the answer to your secnario is come on here there is so much comfort from people here who know what your going through!
    I dont live on my own but i still love the comfort i get from all you.
    Thank you. x

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

don't really feel I can call people at this time of night and they wouldn't really understand what is driving me to feel I need the comfort or that I'm trying to avoid eating.

guess i'm just feeling alone even though I know you guys are there. You don't really know me do you. I think I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself and I'm putting up a bit of a defensive wall - I get easily hurt sometimes and my reaction is to withdraw and think I've only got me to look out for me in this world.

sorry if that just sounds like ramble

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont like calling people after 2200 but I know I really can, and have called my mum, a LOT later than that.

Id be on here or MSN, theres usually always someone on MSN :)

7. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I know what you mean by not really knowing anyone on here but your the only people in the world who understsnd what this diet entails and that makes you all close in a way - sorry thats probably ramble too! hugs sweets!

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

You are right. Thanks for that. Eating a cambridge choccie bar in the hope that helps

9. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Yeah - Usually some random :)

When im alone i can't ever find comfort - but i do find distracting and usually that will do until i get a text reply/someone answers my thread/i go on MSN.

Pamper yourself xx

10. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Hey.. this is something thats scaring the crap out of me at the minute as michael will be leaving for germany on friday.. and after that its just me on tod.. and im thinking.. how the hell am i going to manage all those nights alone.. you know.. theres no food to comfort me now.. or there is.. but i dont want to have to resort to that you know..
    what i usually would do is talk on msn.. concentrate on minis.. look through threads.. answer stuff.. go and have a nice bath (although i nearly licked my mint choc bath bomb the other day.. now that is bad)..
    i guess the good thing about minis is.. w're here.. and we are together.. and theres always someone who you can count on.. whether it be someone you havnt talked to before.. or someone you talk to all the time.. we're minis.. and we're in it together.. and you're one too.. and by powers of deduction it means you are NEVER EVER alone..

x x

11. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I really hope you're feeling a bit better this morning Dancing x

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes thank you Ruth. Back on track

13. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Glad you are feeling better. And hugs to other people feeling in need of comfort. This site is amazing in the help and support it gives.

14. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

good your feeling better dancing.

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thank you again.

Yes, it is great. It is a little difficult at night when most of you lovelies are in bed but I know that during we are all here for each other.

Hugs to everyone who needs them today

16. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am nearly always lurking here or on MSN , contact me anytime hun x
    Dont go to bed very early and always up at the crack of dawn too.

if you PM me I will give you my Mobile number so you can txt me if you are struggling.

We are not alone Mini's is great and we will see you though

17. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

kitteh - i like your powers of deduction. I now understand how you feel about Michael going and I send you big hugs in advance of Friday so that you already have a bit of snuggly hug blanket around you when he departs. I will be thinking of you.

Thank you for this - lovely of you and while I'll PM you to get your mobile number I truly hope I never have to use it. I so appreciate the offer.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've bought myself a DS lite and find I can spend hours on there, which is a great distraction.

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes, BG's post about not being able to find comfort when alone but being able to distract herself struck a chord but it didn't work for me last night. I seemed to want to be comforted so much that no distraction would have worked for me.... although I was v. productive at the same time as I updated my website and I'm loving how it looks now. Every cloud has a silver lining :)

21. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I must admit I use to decorate at odd hours of the day and night! The kids would come down to find a totally revamped kitchen!! For me it was theraputic and comforting ....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.