School admissions - please help clarify something & advice

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Hi guys

Firstly apologies for long rambling post but I know what I'm trying to say but can't express it!!!

My son is starting primary school Sept 2013 and I've been looking into schools etc when it's quiet at work lol.

I believe our local authority you need to make a choice of up to 6 schools. I just don't know which order to put them. Basically I want him to go to the church school next to the pre-school he goes to now so it'll be number 1. But I've 3 other church schools & 2 community schools. I was going to put the 4 church schools first then the community schools, do you think this is the right thing to do? I'm not sure if I'll meet the criteria for church schools as I've been attending church but on & off from say 15 months & they say minimum 18mths. Do you think I'll be ok?? If I do over the 36 required times i'll have done about 50 times.

The school i want him to go to says this on their website which to me is contradictory. It says MIN 18mths attending church then it says you need to attend from 1st July 2012 which wouldn't be 18mths till the form is in.

what do you think?

THECOMPLETED FORM MUST BE RETURNED TO THE SCHOOL BY 15.1.13.
YOURAPPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED ABOROUGH APPLICATION FORM.

PLEASEBE AWARE THAT YOU NEED TO SIGN THE REGISTER AT CHURCH FROM 1[SUP]ST[/SUP]JULY 2012 TO ENSURE YOU MEET THE CRITERIA. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUHAVE READ THE ADMISSION CRITERIA BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THIS FORM.

Iconfirm that at least one parent or guardian, named above, hasattended public worship twice a month, for a minimum of eighteenmonths, prior to today’s date (date form submitted) (i.e.36 weekly acts of worship).

*REGULAR PARENTALWORSHIP means that at least oneparent/guardian has attended public worship twice a month during the18 month period prior to the closing date for applications, oralternatively have attended at least 36 weekly acts of public worshipspread over the same period.

To be honest I don't think it should make any difference if you have been attending church recently on a regular basis then this should go in your favour I'm going to be honest when I done my child's admission form I put 1 school no others because if he had not have got in I would have appealed

I'm scared to just put one down in case he don't get in & if I didn't win an appeal. I want the best (as does everyone) so don't want to mess it up. It's so stressful, the vicar has to sign the form but I'm ok with him he signed my passport application & I help make tea/coffee after church.

Thanks for your reply X

Back