Seafood Mornay Sauce

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Jemma O'Connor, 10 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Jemma O'Connor

Jemma O'Connor Member

Start Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all. I have been with SW now for about 5 weeks and have lost 7.5 lbs (weigh in tonight). I don't have that much to lose but am getting married next September so am hoping to shift another 8 lbs and that will do me.

We have a birthday in the family tomorrow and we are all out for a meal. Having looked at the menu I think the best thing is the grilled lemon sole with seafood mornay, new potatos and a side salad. Does anyone know what is in a mornay sauce and indeed a rough idea of it's syn value. I am doing the EE plan and presume that potatos will be free so long as they are not covered in butter!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A mornay sauce is normally a cheese sauce, but there is no way of knowing what a particular restaurant would put in it.

I would make a classic white sauce with butter, flour and milk, and then add cheese. But they might add cream, for instance - no way of knowing without asking them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.