Second go with Slimming World!

PotterMrs

I all, I first started Slimming World in June 2011 weighing 15st 11lbs, I did amazingly well, losing over 4stone and was a stone off calling target when I decided to pack it in - I had this idea that I could save money and do it alone from home, how wrong I was! In such a short space of time, my clothes began getting tighter again, and on weighing myself I had put on 3stone! I ended up sending a text to my old consultant asking if I could come back, I felt like a kid who had been naughty, like i was going to be told off! On 28th Feb 2013, I walked through the doors of my old SW group and my consultant greeted me with open arms, so again I began my SW journey, with a new starting weight of 14st 9lb. I am now at a 3stone loss since rejoining, yes iv had my ups and downs- Xmas, new year, holidays, birthdays - who doesn't have time off then!? And most recently suffered due to illness which put my weightloss on hold, but I'm back on plan, and determined to get to target for Christmas!

Hi,
just read your thread, well Donne with your weight loss! I left slimming world too, so slowly gaining it back, so this week got back on it!
Doing it from home but feel motivated hoping will make friends on here to help me keep going!
Good luck x

Hiya, you did an amazing job losing the weight the first time, im sure you will have no trouble doing it again once you get back into the slimming world routine. Im doing slimming world too, and so far i have found it the best diet by far. I guess just because i am never hungry and im loving the recipes. Good luck and all the best xxxx

Hi, I am completely new to Minimins, trying to understand it all! Also new to Slimming World (Extra Easy) after shifting a few kgs this last 18 months or so on Weight Watchers. Well done on your losses! :)
I have just come back from a fortnight in Cornwall with my 3 girls and my parents so too much bingeing on cream teas and alcohol has piled back on what I lost the month before! Thought I would try Slimming World so still getting used to the difference between food optimising with SW and the old points counting of WW. :)

Wow PotterMrs you are doing really well, i saw your stats. What diet/plan are you using? xxxx

thanks, I'm doing slimming world. Iv tried loadsa diets in the past and slimming world is the only thing out there where I can still eat what I want yet still lose weight! It's all about going for the healthier option rather than cutting things out! Xx

Hi, I am completely new to Minimins, trying to understand it all! Also new to Slimming World (Extra Easy) after shifting a few kgs this last 18 months or so on Weight Watchers. Well done on your losses! :)
I have just come back from a fortnight in Cornwall with my 3 girls and my parents so too much bingeing on cream teas and alcohol has piled back on what I lost the month before! Thought I would try Slimming World so still getting used to the difference between food optimising with SW and the old points counting of WW. :)

thankyou, and well done to you too on your losses with WW. It is hard to adjust from WW to SW, mainly because you can eat so much! I personally have never done WW, I like my food too much, which is why I put on weight in the first place lol! Don't worry about your gain from your holiday, we have to have lives aswel as just 'dieting' and there are many times throughout the year when we stray off plan. The main thing is that we soon push it to one side and start a new. If you need any help, I'm happy to help you along the way, good luck, but you really won't need it, before long the weight will be falling off you! Xx

Thanks for the support :)
I am already thinking this is not too much of an adjustment lifestyle-wise and that it is ok to go a bit mad occasionally! I have a night away with a couple of mates in a few weeks and that will be drinking and dancing so as long as i get back to it when home I am sure I can manage things better.

It's just learning the healthier options, comes naturally after a while. I too have a number of events over the upcoming weeks. I have a night out on Friday, my sons 8th birthday 1st September and then my best friends wedding (which I'm the maid of honour) on the 12th September! I just try to keep my syns low or not syn at all the day before & after, allowing me the extra food/drink - although after a few vodkas iv lost count lol! Iv heard that some people don't do the 15syns a day thing, some start with 105 and count back, having as many whenever, so long as they stop synning once they hit 105 for the week. Iv never tried this myself, as for me, if I was to have all my syns over a few days and have to go without for the rest of the week I would feel deprived and cravings would set in! X

That sounds a bit like the weekly propoints allowance we used to get on WW in addition to the daily ones! Sounds a bit complicated to me counting backwards! I am trying to just keep my daily syns as low as poss but still allowing myself the odd treat - like tonight as a mate is popping round with a bottle of red and we haven't seen each other in ages so I will indulge a little but be careful tomorrow. :)

Back