Second time arounder

charliej86

Ok so this is my second go at TS and really need motivation, because I feel so silly for giving up the first time. I lost 15lbs in 2 weeks in June, went on holiday and just didnt try again after and have put back on 13 of the 15lbs I lost:banghead: I am my own worse enemy at times and so scare I am going to punish myself into submission and start stuffing my face again. I start TS tomorrow and I guess what I am looking for is anyone who has tried TS more thsn once and how you stick to it? :eek:

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's nothing charlie - loads of people here have had loads of false starts and regains. The thing that matters is that you're back! Clean slate, day 1, and take it from here. I made a mess of my add a meal week, went totally bonkers and had to go through all the pain of restarting the following week, but luckily I did it, and sixteen pounds later I'm finished with exante now. If I hadn't (and I was so close to throwing in the towel because I'd made a mess of things) I have no doubt I'd be in exactly the same situation as you! Best of luck this time, it's a fantastic diet. :)

Thanks waterworks, sometimes all you need is someone to tell you it will be ok and you can do it. My husband is a big support for me but the rest of my family think I am bonkers not eating and constantly remind me I failed last time! It was literally these last 6 weeks I put weight back on so I have proved to myself I can keep it off. In fact I quite enjoyed eating healthy and had more energy. I have a long way to go as I have at least 5 st to loose, but I am going to give myself a little reward at the end of each month ( new bag or shoes:)) and focus on the end result. Support on here really means a lot. I think that is where I probably failed last time. I scanned through threads but never askes for support myself and wish I had now, because your comment has given me such a boost just after o nearly gagged on my shake.

Hi Charlie,

Well done on picking up the courage to start again! You've done the hardest part by making the decision to try again!! Just take things one day at a time, set your self small goals, say to yourself tomorrow when you get up your going to have a good 100% day, take one meal at a time, once you have the first day done you'll feel so much better. Have your water beside you all the time. I am on my second week of TS, the first few days were tough, but I feel like I can conquer the world now...... well almost :D One step at a time! We can be diet buddies if you like!! If we all help and push each other, then it won't feel so difficult.

All the very best of luck on your new journey!! You can do this, don't give up!!

Caz

Xx

Thanks for your support Caz. Like you say I just need to make it through these first few days until ketosis kicks in and it should be easier. I need to not use holidays, social events etc to completely let myself go. I would really like a diet buddy thanks. How much have you lost so far? X

Thanks for the support water works and I would love to buddy up Caz as I deffo need the motivation. I tried to reply earlier from my app but it is sooo slow so hope you dont get confused from my multiple replies. Thanks for posting your weight loss journey waterworks as I think it will help seeing different peoples progress. How has your weight loss gone so far Caz? I stayed strong and was 100% today :-D

Well done Charlie on your 100% day, off to a roaring start, first day over you!! :) Don't beat yourself up when you have a bad day, we are only human and are going to slip up from time to time, but a long as you can draw a line right under it and get back on track straight away next day.

I am about to have my week 2 weigh in tomorrow, 11lbs off in my first week, had a smile like a silly cheshire cat all week. I have to say this week has been soooo much easier than last week, last week I kept waking up so many times through the night, I was cold and felt slightly floaty, this week that all seems to of settled down and feel back to normal again.

When is your weigh in day Charlie?

The best advice I was given before I started for when you have a loss is don't reward yourself with food, treat yourself to a new book etc instead.

A wee thing that I do is have jars of inspiration... Sounds funny but its 2 jam jars & on the first one I have wrote lbs to lose, on the second one I have wrote lbs lost, in them are glass marbles, and transfer them from lbs to lose to lbs lost jar after weigh in.

I will check in with you each evening if you like? to see how you are getting on.

Caz

Xx

Thats brillient 11lbs off in your first week. My weigh in day is a Friday. I am finding today quite hard as like many of is I have to cook for the family and the smell drives me crazy :screwy:. I think the jam jar idea sounds great. Its a good visual aid to have when you feel like eating. I have promised myself a new lipstick next week if I do well. I need to be 100% no nibbles as I have our anniversary meal on the 6th. Table booked and everything. I guess I will have to go for minimal carbs and stay away from bread like its poison. I would love it if we checked in each evening, will make me think twice about eating if I know I have confession every evening lol. I bet your loss will be good, every lb counts and we need to remember we wont get the massive loss like we did in our first week. Stay strong sister ;) x

The 6th isn't far away at all, only 2 weeks, you can definitely do it, think of it as your reward for having no nibbles during the day!! Lipstick sounds a great incentive for doing well.... you will have that lipstick!! I find Sundays quite difficult also as like you we have the whole Sunday lunch thing, so I keep my soup for when everyone else is eating their lunch and that way I feel like I am joining in also.... with my soup & water :)
Not expecting a huge loss tomorrow after a big loss last week, but I'd be more than happy with 1 or 2lbs.
Hope your Sunday goes well..... keep the lipstick in mind :)

Caz

Xx

Well I was 100% again today. Was agonising :eek: but I did it. I even thought long term, which I have never done with diets, (probably because subconsciously I tell myself I will fall off the wagon), and I made a massive batch of 2 meals for my husband and daughter, froze them for a later date. No having to smell the lovely ingredients and therefore removing the temptation to nibble the next time I need to provide a home cooked meal.

It already feels like I have won a small victory:cool:

Hope your day was as good as mine x

Couldnt help it, had to do it!!! Exactly what I said I wouldnt do........ I jumped on the scales after only 2 days......Drum roll please.........................................5lbs down!!!!!! :D happy dance :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Charlie
i am also a 2nd time rounder. I lost 2 and a half stone 4 yrs ago on another well known VLCD. Exante is by far the best tasting, plus now there is so much more variety than when I gave it a first go back last October.
I am now back at square one, after a very social summer. It is time for me to lose 2 stone by the beginning of December.
this is my first day today on Total Solution, and so far so good. Just focus on the next couple of days, and getting yourself into Ketosis. This is my goal at the moment. cannot wait to get into ketosis because I find it easy sailing from there.
the Irish Cream Coffee tastes delicious, and also the Elderberry and white wine powder mix is delicious. Makes drinking all,that water enjoyable.
i wish you well. Call on me if you need any support or motivation because I seem to be so focused at the moment! You never know when I may need you for some good motivation!!
Sam xx

Thanks Sam, gives me such a boost hearing support and suggestions from fellow dieters and thanks for telling me about the irish cream coffee and water flavour. Drinking so much water is making me gip at times today.
Well done for starting your diet again. A lot of people loose it all and put it on again. Goodness knows I have over the yrs! The thing I like about exante is although I fell off the wagon, I struggled eating the way I did before because my body was used to a healthier diet. That is why I am confident we will not put it back on again.
I am sure you will loose the 2 stone by christmas, probably more!!! I want to be at least 3 stone lighter by then and I will be half way to my target of 6 stone :)
Hopefully I will be able to give you a boost. Its what we are all here dor. To support each other on our life changing journey:)
Charlie xxx

Thanks Charlie for your reply and support. We will do it. I just love dressing up at Christmas time and would love to feel wonderful In a beautiful dress, but more than anything I love my jeans and just want to be able to wear again with confidence instead of wearing a long top to hide my bum and hips.
We can do this!!!!!!!!
sam xx

Hi guys I am starting again today too. Failed last time because I was weak and took my eye off the prize. Would love a two stone loss by end of Nov so do you mind if I join your little support network. My mind is tricking me into thinking I am just going to fail again but I really want to be proud of myself.

Hi Tracey, good to see you giving it another go. Its going to be difficult, but I keep telling myself that failing isnt an option. If we give up, fast forward a yr from now!!! I can imagine kicking myself, having to start all over again and thinking, I could have been a size 10 and happy with my weight if I had stuck to it.....and eating real food:banghead: lol.
I admire anyone who comes back 6,7 a 100 times, but I have drawn a line.
We are all rewarding ourselves with something other than food or drink at the end of our 100% week and friday is my weigh in day and I will be gettinh myself a lipstick.
I chose to start a friday as it is usually our takeaway night and given the boost of a good weigh in, or a not so great loss, I will be motivated through the weekend.
Checking in every evening will help. As I said to Caz, its like going to confession, so will make us think twice about cheating!
If your having a bad day, post on here. I am sure one of is is always lurking around :D I will usually get a notification within the hr!!! Still slow i know ( rubbish phone!)
The support from these threads has been my saviour yesterday. I am actually struggling with the water intake, but Sam gave me a lovely tip to flavour it from exante shop.
I know we all have different tastes, but their are different flavours so I will find something I like and hopefully make the water drinking more pleasent.
Anyways Tracey, welcome and well done once.again for coming back.
Charlie x

Tracey, are you doing a mixed bumper pack or just shakes etc? I am living off purely porrodge, bars and cabonara at the moment. I am too cold to have my shakes as daft as it sounds :(

Hi All
second day in and all going well. I was a little hungry last night, but took myself off to bed early and read your posts and Exante forums. I think this is where I am going to get my strength from if I check in here each day.

day 1 breakfast was apple and cinnamon porridge. Tasty and filling.
lunch was shepherds pie mix, really nice, also filling. I added a small amount of mint sauce and some pepper. I think this is going to be one of my favorites!
dinner was spaghetti bolognese, nice , but I preferred my lunch!
Throughput the day I also had about 3 cups of the Irish cream flavored coffee. Really good! I didn't even miss having milk.
5 glasses of the Elderbery white wine drink mix - Lovely!
5 glasses of the peach flavored drink mix - Again really nice.
Then drank as much plain water as possible throughout the night.
Forgot how many times I was up during the night to spend a penny!!

For those of you who have not tried the hot meal packs, you can buy them individually on the Exante website. I bought just one of each before buying a mixed bumper pack. I am so glad I did, because I know that my months supply is full of all the things I prefer, and I'm spoilt for choice.

Sam x

Hi Sam, great going and going to bed early is a trick I like to use.
I had porridge and added cinemon for breakfast. Tasting better the further I get into my diet!
A tesco meal replacement bar (chocolate and love them)
For tea I had my usual cabonara which I also like.
I did however really struggle with my water intake, hopefully the juice mix will help and I cant wait to order my meal packs. I add seasoning to everything and as my mother always says, 'if you know what to do, you can make even the worst meal taste decent.'
I tend to struggle with anything in loquid form but I think my taste buds are adapting now.
I am officialy in ketosis now :D which I kind of guessed because I had bags of energy when I got up today! Had a massive wardrobe clearout and couldnt help but have a smug smile on my face, thinking the next time I do this will be to throw away clothes that are too big for me!!!!!!
Sam I cant wait to try the apple porridge sounds lovely x

Hi Charlie
sounds like you're doing great! It's good to hear you have bags of energy! Next time you have your wardrobe clear out you will also have bags of oversized clothes that you will never wear again! How good will that feel?
i can't wait to into ketosis and have bags of energy - bring on the weekend!
I'm off to London tomorrow to see Fleetwood Mac at the O2 Arena. My husband bought it for us as an early birthday present, so I am looking through my wardrobe at the moment and packing an overnight bag, so far I have packed my meals for Wednesday and Thursday! Just hope I can feel as strong as I do now over the next couple of days. I don't want to fall off the wagon and set back my time of getting into ketosis.

Back