Step 1 Sole Source Second Time Lucky and No More Cake for Me!

Nomorecake

Hi to whoever takes the time to read this diary, first off I apologise for rambling on in my first entry but I have just realised I need to get a lot off my chest! I've been reading everyone's diaries over the last few weeks and I really believe the key to sticking to this plan and being successful is to express how you are feeling and welcome support from others who are in the same boat as you..... so here goes!

I started CWP in March 2012 and I was 16st 11lbs I managed to lose 34lbs in a couple months and then I stopped as I thought I could do it myself (big mistake!) I re-started on the 5th Nov and weighed in at 16st 9lbs and I'm just starting Day 6. This time round I feel differently, I feel more in control and unbelievably positive, I'm not sure if its because this year has been so rubbish or if I've just changed my mind set.

So a little about me (I do get to weight eventually for anyone that thinks I should be on Mumsnet!) It's been a pretty rubbish 2013 on the whole. My hubby and I have been together for 6 years, I was 32 and he was 34 when we met, I remember talking about having a family very early on in our relationship and it was a given that this would happen. Anyway we married in 2010 and then we decided to buy a house and the next thing you know I'm approaching 38 and theres still just the two of us. Don't get me wrong over the years our conversations have swung from "we love our life, lazy weekends, only us to think about!" to "we'd love to be parents, who needs sleep!"etc and then the unbearable ache in your stomach when you think about being a mum and the panic that you may have left it too late after all. Everyone always says you can never afford a baby but we were both really keen to have as little debt outstanding before we started trying for a baby, anyway NYE 2012 and we are just about to head out for the night and hubby says "I think its time we were a three"! (it was probably more romantic than that, but you get the general gist!) I honesty don't think I've ever been happier than that moment! So I came off the pill and expected to be up duffed within the week! So after waiting for 60 days for Auntie Flow to arrive and having every pregnancy symptom in the book still no BFP. A few more months pass and still nothing and all of a sudden I realise I have gone back up to nearly 16st. And then it hits me, for the first time in at least 15 years I had been obsessing about something other than my weight and because I was sooooo depressed about not getting pregnant I had eaten my way through it, because that's what I do when things aren't going well.....classic emotional eater.
So in April I hit the gym and was eating well and early June I get my BFP! Overjoyed! A little concerned that I was heavier than I ideally wanted to be but ecstatic none the less. Booking in appointment with MW put me at ease as she said my weight was fine and as long as I ate sensibly during the pregnancy she couldn't see any issues from a weight point.
(To much info alert before I proceed) At 11 weeks I had a small brown discharge when I wiped, thought nothing of it really, looked online and most sites said if its not bright red don't worry. After two days I called the MW and told her and I heard her voice change and knew something was wrong. She booked me in for a scan the following day and they confirmed I had had a missed miscarriage. Devastated. I'd never heard of a MMC before and you have to wait a week so they can scan you again just in case your dates are wrong before doing anything, so I basically sat at home for a week crying and eating, knowing my baby had died hoping not to miscarry naturally (couldn't bear it) and then I was admitted as a day case a week later for an ERPC and that was the end of July and I weighed 15st 5lbs.
Unfortunately for me when things go wrong I never lose weight! I wish I was like some of my friends, a break up or a upset stomach and they lose 7lbs in a few days, when disaster strikes I gain 7lbs by the end of the first day! So since July I have sat on my fat arse and ate copious amounts of Cadburys, take aways and a whole lot of cake and gained 1st 4lbs...Horrific....leggings and long tips are not your friend!
I had my defining moment last week when I actually lost sleep stressing over what I was going to wear to work as we had 2 casual days on the bounce and I'd already worn my only casual outfit that still fitted so what the hell was I going to wear on Dress down Friday?! I actually considered going sick so I could avoid it, but then I decided enough was enough, we are already trying for another baby, I am 2lbs shy of being the heaviest I've ever been, I have shed loads of clothes that NEED to be worn and if I was to fall pregnant I would feel so unhealthy and embarrassed by my weight so I text my old CWP consultant and here I am!

Sorry if I've bored anyone but I feel so much better now its all out! I promise my daily entries will be a lot lighter after this! Bring on day 6 and good luck to everyone!

Wowza you've been through the mill Hunni.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss and nothing I say will comprehend how you are feeling but I can relate to being a emotional eater so your certainly in the right place.

You know from last time how fab and fast the losses are with Cambridge and although I've always been over weigh when I've fallen pregnant ( 3 children ) they do say it happens easier if your not overweight plus like you say having something else to focus on will be a great distraction.

It's amazing how things can make us stronger and much more determined so I'm pleased your here and part of the " Tue gang "

I'm sure your 1st loss in a couple of days will be a great one :)

Post and ramble as much as you need to I for one certainly find it helps me x x x x

Wowza you've been through the mill Hunni.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss and nothing I say will comprehend how you are feeling but I can relate to being a emotional eater so your certainly in the right place.

You know from last time how fab and fast the losses are with Cambridge and although I've always been over weigh when I've fallen pregnant ( 3 children ) they do say it happens easier if your not overweight plus like you say having something else to focus on will be a great distraction.

It's amazing how things can make us stronger and much more determined so I'm pleased your here and part of the " Tue gang "

I'm sure your 1st loss in a couple of days will be a great one :)

Post and ramble as much as you need to I for one certainly find it helps me x x x x

Thanks Angel! It's been pony and I'm looking forward to being slimmer for a while and the only time I want to be any different is when I'm we'll and truly up-duffed! Can't wait till Tues!x

Day 7 - Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow evening! Had a bit of a headache all day today but I've drunk over 2ltrs of water so it's probably just the crap coming out of me! Still feeling positive BUT I stupidly went on the scales and it only shows a 4lb loss?! I did start reducing my calories a few days before starting back on the plan and I was having 3 shakes (second hand off a girl in work that struggled to get into it) and a butternut squash soup (made lovingly by hubby the day he found out I'd lost sleep over none of my clothes fitting anymore!) So I would have thought it would be better than that. Oh well onwards and upwards! Oh and I've ordered a vibration plate which should arrive in about a week....thought I'd give it a go! Also i've decided it's about time I went back to the gym as I have avoided going for the last 3 months, partly due to putting on so much weight and the other part not wanting to face people who would notice. Isn't it funny what stupid things go through your head when you are too preoccupied with feeling sorry for yourself and not realising that those very thoughts are making you feel worse not better.......plus its costing a fortune which could be going towards new shoes instead!x

Last edited:
Hello :)

So sorry to hear all you've been through this year :(

My cdc warned me that people get pregnant on Cambridge and she has had 2 unexpected pregnancies within her client group - apparently it can improve your fertility because you're losing weight and it's nutritionally balanced :)

Don't despair about 4lbs - that's really good :) maybe up your water intake to 3+ litres a day, that seems to help people shift the weight more.

Be careful exercising on SS as it can actually inhibit your weight loss, especially in the first few weeks. Your body goes into starvation mode and your shakes turn to fat instead! Keep to gentle walking until your calorie intake is higher :)

Good luck! You will be fab :)

Hi nomorecake..

I can vouch for the getting pregnant on Cambridge! We tried for a over a year with nothing.. 2 stone lost on Cambridge and it happened! He's now 15 months and I am planning on starting Wednesday before we start trying again! (Put all weight back on and then some!!) keep positive and don't worry! I'm sure worrying did me no favours either! (Easier said than done I know!) I'll check back in Wednesday for my day 1 restart if that's ok.

Tracey xx

Hello :)

So sorry to hear all you've been through this year :(

My cdc warned me that people get pregnant on Cambridge and she has had 2 unexpected pregnancies within her client group - apparently it can improve your fertility because you're losing weight and it's nutritionally balanced :)

Don't despair about 4lbs - that's really good :) maybe up your water intake to 3+ litres a day, that seems to help people shift the weight more.

Be careful exercising on SS as it can actually inhibit your weight loss, especially in the first few weeks. Your body goes into starvation mode and your shakes turn to fat instead! Keep to gentle walking until your calorie intake is higher :)

Good luck! You will be fab :)

Thanks for your message Menekse! Re fertility I always thought VLCD's harmed your chances but a few people have said the same as you so let's hope it's true! Don't worry I'm not going to go mad with the exercise! I'm just going to do some treadmill walking and use the bike, cant bear to go out in the cold and do it! I did up my water to 4ltrs on Sat and Sun as I was at home and near the loo! I get through 2ltrs at work but when your travelling in and out each day anymore would result in an accident.....perhaps I need to invest in a she wee! Good luck to you and well done on your 10lb loss!x

Last edited:
:)
Hi nomorecake..

I can vouch for the getting pregnant on Cambridge! We tried for a over a year with nothing.. 2 stone lost on Cambridge and it happened! He's now 15 months and I am planning on starting Wednesday before we start trying again! (Put all weight back on and then some!!) keep positive and don't worry! I'm sure worrying did me no favours either! (Easier said than done I know!) I'll check back in Wednesday for my day 1 restart if that's ok.

Tracey xx
Thanks for your message Tracey! I'm feeling a little more hopeful about it happening now....funnily enough though this week is the first time this year that I'm worrying over my weight and not about getting pregnant......don't get me wrong it's firmly at the back for my head at all times, but I haven't looked at Mumsnet for over 5 days so that's a good sign as I did get slightly obsessed!:) Good luck for tomorrow and let me know how your getting on x

Day 8- So 6lbs off on my first weigh in, bit gutted to be honest (I know being unhappy about losing 6lb in a week takes the mickey but I can't be the only person who would feel that way surely?) I really thought it would be more due to the only things passing my lips being milk shakes, tea, coffee and water (sooooo much water!). Lost 2inches off my waist though which is good! No official weigh in now until the 26th as my consultant is going on hols, will be using my scales which are round about the same! Looking forward to another good week and hope it goes as quickly as this one has!x

Day 8- So 6lbs off on my first weigh in, bit gutted to be honest (I know being unhappy about losing 6lb in a week takes the mickey but I can't be the only person who would feel that way surely?) I really thought it would be more due to the only things passing my lips being milk shakes, tea, coffee and water (sooooo much water!). Lost 2inches off my waist though which is good! No official weigh in now until the 26th as my consultant is going on hols, will be using my scales which are round about the same! Looking forward to another good week and hope it goes as quickly as this one has!x

Morning :)

We can get so carried away with big losses on here but the generally equal out over the month with some weeks being bigger losses than others but myself and Vitta are 3 weeks in and only 1 lb apart in the losses but have had different drops in week 2 & 3 but like I say it equalled its self and we are only 1 lb apart so please don't let it get in your head :)

My next weigh in is also on the 26th as I can't get there next week. I'm setting myself a goal of being in the 14's ( I was 15.5 yesterday ) why not set a mini goal and I bet it keeps you on track,
Another great thing to do is pick up 6lb in weight and feel what you have lost ! 6 lb is a blooming good loss but most important the best thing to be proud of is yourself for sticking to plan and for taking control ! ! ! Not everyone can do this but all if us on here are strong people just for being able to stick to it ! Keep up the good work hunni x x x x

Morning :)

We can get so carried away with big losses on here but the generally equal out over the month with some weeks being bigger losses than others but myself and Vitta are 3 weeks in and only 1 lb apart in the losses but have had different drops in week 2 & 3 but like I say it equalled its self and we are only 1 lb apart so please don't let it get in your head :)

My next weigh in is also on the 26th as I can't get there next week. I'm setting myself a goal of being in the 14's ( I was 15.5 yesterday ) why not set a mini goal and I bet it keeps you on track,
Another great thing to do is pick up 6lb in weight and feel what you have lost ! 6 lb is a blooming good loss but most important the best thing to be proud of is yourself for sticking to plan and for taking control ! ! ! Not everyone can do this but all if us on here are strong people just for being able to stick to it ! Keep up the good work hunni x x x x

Cheers Angel! I know it's a good loss, Auntie Flow has come with avangence today, feel really weak, headachey and my stomachs cramping......all in all quite pony! Long day at work too so off to bed soon. Yes I'm going to set myself a mini goal so I'll sleep on it! Have to go and order my Maid of Honour dress for my best friends wedding next year around the first week of Dec so I'll do something to fit in with that!

Day 9 - Feeling rubbish but that's Auntie Flow nothing else! Another good day! Shakes - done, water - done! Bring on tomorrow!x

Hi nomorecake. I know it's easy to feel bad about a perceived bad loss but if you put it in perspective 6lbs is an amazing loss in a week, we're talking biggest loser loss without the almost being killed by exercise lol.
Really sorry to hear you've had such a bad year but the support on here is great.
I will be following your journey and wish you all the luck in the world, I know we can do it :D

PS Auntie Flow may very well be the reason you didn't get the results you wanted.

Thanks Jo. Still feel a bit pony but I've had my 2ltrs and shakes so its all good! My vibration plates arrived so I just need my hubby to get home so he can help me get it out the car! Looking forward to a good night!x

Day 11 - laying in bed and feeling a little bleugh! Haven't been sleeping all that week for quite a while (way before CWP) and think its all finally catching up on me. Bought some Calms sleep tablets and slept through for 7hrs without waking for the loo....felt like I was about to explode when I did wake up though! Finally managed to go on my Vibration plate last night! Watched the DVD, i started off doing it while watching but quickly realised the people doing it were super fit and it wasn't as easy as it looked so I literally sat on it while I watched it the whole way through! Seeing my fat wobbling all over the place so unattractive, but it makes me feel even more determined to get it off as it just shouldn't be there. I promised my hubby that it wouldn't just be another bit of gym equipment that I get excited over and then forget about (there's been quite a few over the years!) so I'm going to go on it twice a day everyday so I best get up and get to it!

Day 11 - laying in bed and feeling a little bleugh! Haven't been sleeping all that week for quite a while (way before CWP) and think its all finally catching up on me. Bought some Calms sleep tablets and slept through for 7hrs without waking for the loo....felt like I was about to explode when I did wake up though! Finally managed to go on my Vibration plate last night! Watched the DVD, i started off doing it while watching but quickly realised the people doing it were super fit and it wasn't as easy as it looked so I literally sat on it while I watched it the whole way through! Seeing my fat wobbling all over the place so unattractive, but it makes me feel even more determined to get it off as it just shouldn't be there. I promised my hubby that it wouldn't just be another bit of gym equipment that I get excited over and then forget about (there's been quite a few over the years!) so I'm going to go on it twice a day everyday so I best get up and get to it!

Hope you feel a bit better after your good sleep, I sympathise with the WC issues, I'm up early every morning now bursting to go :)

I hired a commercial vibrio plate last year and used it daily for arms, legs and Tummy ! I really feel as though it helped and I was even brave enough to leave my lace bolero off on my wedding day and felt great !

Keep it up chick, your doing FAB !

Day 12- ok so think I have whip lash from my virbro machine! For some reason I decided to try doing some crunches and ended up jarring my neck! Had a banging headache all last night and sure it's because I did that! Won't be beaten tho so I'll be back on it later this eve as we are just off out car shopping for hubby! I know it probably sounds like hell to some people but I like cars so I'm looking forward to it.....plus it gets me out the house and stops me thinking about what we could be having for Sunday lunch! Bring on day 12 and not long till weigh in no 2!

Haven't updated my diary for a few days as its been really busy at work and then when I weighed yesterday and only lost 2lbs I really couldn't be arsed to speak about it! I know it's stupid to be disappointed about losing 8lbs in 2weeks but when you compare it to everyone else it's a bit pony! Hubby's been really supportive and is like my own personal cheerleader telling me how well I'm doing, making me think about why I'm doing this and now he's planning a shopping trip for a skinny wardrobe when I'm done in April.....Bless him!
I have my first night out on the 7th Dec for my 1st Xmas do out of the 3.....really could do with not going but have no choice being one of the bosses..... my CDC said to use it as a SS+ day and stick to chicken and anything green! Will be hard but I'm not going to drink so that'll help! Not sure why I'm already stressing over it but I really have got into this properly this time round, no sneaky cheats and feel so much better for it as I was comfort eating and making myself feel worse so i like not thinking about whats for dinner etc that said I'm still feeling a little down as I really wanted to be closer to my first of many stones off by now but I'm staying strong and I'm still 100% and focused! Bring on week 3!

Had another 100% day today! Think I'm getting the dreaded lurgey as I'm feeling headachy and very very cold....just in time for the weekend.....gutted. Off to bed as I'm hanging!

Having a good weekend so far, still 100% but I've started constantly weighing myself, hubby hid them the first week as my CDC is away as I knew I would start obsessing and after my pitiful 2lbs loss last week I didn't tell him to put them back and now I am on them as soon as i get up and then when I get home from work! the worst thing is that nothing has changed so I am getting a little frustrated as it should be falling off me. When I compare against other people of similar weights I just can't understand why my loss is so slow? Going to speak to my CDC about it when she's back, been thinking it may be because I'm doing 3 shakes and not 4 as I am just a smidge under 5.8 and I wanted to do 3 as thought I would lose quicker?! Oh well we'll see what happens on her scales on Tues.

Back