Second time on Exante, hopefully the last!

zbg1989

Okay! So... Was last on here three years ago, I'm 5ft7 and my starting weight was 13st9. I stuck with Exante with some re feeding and breaks in between and went down to 11st4, the lightest I've been since I can remember.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 5 years ago, and I was eating healthily, walking 50 minutes a day and on my feet all day in work and was still piling on weight, my medication was finally right and with the help of Exante, I was able to lose weight!

About 6 months after maintaining, my thyroid levels were slightly higher than normal so my GP halved my medication.
After that the weight slowly crept on as my thyroid was slowly going under the normal level, along with bad food choices I admit and some big life changes, I weighed in on Monday 25/07/2016 at 14st7, the heaviest I've ever been. And although my partner is supportive of me, I could tell by the look on his face when he looked at me that I had to do something.
With my past experience of Exante and knowing it works, all be it with a lot of will power, I decided to go for it! For anyone who's interested my GP is supportive

So here I am again, I keep looking through the forums and diaries and that kept me going last time, especially the inspirational photos, if you guys can do it then so can I!

So I started on Monday 25/7/16 at 14st7 - I had a pretty good week, got shakes and bars, tend to have shakes for breakfast and lunch, then a bar for dinner, had two meals out though but stuck to protein and salad.

Monday 1/8/16 - 14st1 6lb loss!! Chuffed and already felt better, although it was tough sitting in McDonald's with my partner and kids whilst they ate and ice cream I had a medium Coke Zero, couldn't face any more water lol i do dinner so just dish up then hide in the other room with my bar until they've finished

I've been pretty good this week, can't stand tea and coffee without milk so I do have a touch of skimmed when I'm desperate, and only realised the other day that Coke Zero has changed the ingredients, does this mean it's now not allowed?

Can anyone tell me how I change my stats on my profile? Can't figure it out....

Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress and ups and downs!

Well! That didn't last long, been TS since last Saturday and my partner says to me this afternoon, fancy an Indian? I said I can't and he said those fateful words, "you're allowed one treat every now and then" aargh!! Over the last week I've faced temptation such as McDonald's, kfc, local chippy (which are gorgeous) my home made Bolognese all without even licking my fingers and for anyone who lives in South Wales - sat in joes ice cream parlour whilst the fam all had ice cream and me with my trusty bottle of water... After all that, I caved in and had the Indian :( and if you knew what my local Indian is like you'd understand lol.
Feel so disappointed with myself after doing so well but need to get back on the wagon tomorrow!
I've got a holiday booked for the 26th of this month and I'm hoping to get to 13st by then if I can! Fingers crossed, I'm weighing in tomorrow not expecting anything as I've ate so much I feel heavier already! Won't let this get me down I need to keep going! quitting is not an option!

Good morning Zbg1989!

I'm re-starting today after a planned break for my 2 week holiday to Disney! i consumed many many high cal meals,shakes,ice creams and sweets while away and i really had a fab holiday. Now I'm back on it today and I'm not looking forward to the first few days of headaches and cravings but i guess you totally understand as you are also on your second go with Exante!

Don't kick yourself to much about the curry just get back on it and think even with that little set back you're still going to be losing more than you would if you just hadn't started Exante again...so weigh day for you today...fingers crossed for you hun don't forget to let us know :)

Loz x

Good mornin Lozkin!

Thanks for the reassurance, felt really guilty last night and was so stuffed I actually felt sick! I won't do that again, got to remember that my portions should be getting smaller and my food choices should be better after this diet but still deserve to have a "treat" now and again

I'd love to go to Disney, only ever been to euro Disney and enjoyed that! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and had what you wanted that's all part of it :)

Well I weighed in this morning at 13st 11!! -4lb!
Glad I'm back in the 13's as the 14's really snuck up on me and don't want to see that number on my scales again lol

Well done!
4lb loss is amazing and even with the curry :)

I'm on day 1 again today an dreading the headaches as i really suffered with those first few days last time...but I'm looking forward to getting bad on it.
i ordered some savoury stuff and breakfast things. I'm just about to try the apple porridge (it doesn't look great) its as hot as lava so I'm having to wait to taste it.Last time i only ordered shakes and bars and was getting bit sick of having just sweet things so thats why i ordered some different stuff this time round. what have you tried?

Last time I had the shakes and meals, and enjoyed them all. I think I might order some meals as it's hard having the same things but I'm so on the go all the time that I needed something that I could take with me :)

Back after a bit of a break! Had some of the darkest days of my life back in August which is why I decided to come off Exante until things had settled again.
So I started Tuesday 20th September with more motivation than before and actually feeling ready! I stayed total solution apart from a little milk in the odd cup of tea which I don't think knocked me out of ketosis, I have ketostix and I managed to stay in!
Had shakes and bars all last week and weighed in yesterday morning at 13st5 that's 11lb loss in one week! I am so chuffed and its spurred me on to this week also.
I am missing eating food so ordered some meal packs, I had the red bean chilli for dinner today which tasted yuck but did the job... Just kept telling myself I'm eating to live, not living to eat.
Struggling with the water today, can normally manage 4 litres a day but have only got the 2 down today, hope that's enough not to feel like dog crap tomorrow!!

Back