Step 1 Sole Source Second Week, doing it right.

gembeb

Hi there, Im Gemma, and a 22yo student. I have PCOS, so have always struggled with my weight a bit. But when i was 18, i started to diet, and lost around a stone, and went from 10 1/2 stone to 9 1/2 stone, which was great...

Until i had the contraceptive injection.
worst.mistake.

I had just started uni at Brighton, started to do more exercise, eat healthier (and no, even though i'm was a fresher, i didn't drink much at all) and i put on 2 stone in 2 months....which kept on creeping up until i hit 13st.

Now, i am 4ft 11. My ideal weight is between 7.5 and 8.5 stone. 13st stone is dangerously unhealthy for me, i started to get problems with my knees and my feet, and noticed that walking was kinda awkward and difficult.

Last summer i started weight watchers, and i lost a stone. Then gave up. I was 11st 5.

This summer, i decided i needed to take more drastic measures, be stricter with myself, and follow a diet with more rigid structure.

Which is how i came to the Cambridge plan.

My first week, i was rubbish. Almost everyday i cheated, sometimes with 4 peanuts, other times with chocolate truffles. bad bad. Until i hit friday, and a horrible day at work, and consoled myself with a few glasses of wine- boy, was that a mistake or what?!

So here i am. I started Week 2, determined not to cheat, to get into ketosis, and to see how much weight i can possibly lose. I'm on day 4, and i have stuck to it properly! I have managed it, and i am determined to see it through. I am so excited to see how much i've lost, i hope it's near to 10lb, that will be such a huge motivator to stick to it with week 3.

Today has been a bit of a struggle, i have been rubbish with the spacing of the shakes, and have been hungry needlessly. Right now, my stomach is rumbling like a mad thing, and i am so so sooo tempted to cook up a load of spaghetti and pesto. Man, it's so tempting. But i have one shake left for today. So i'm going to go and make it.....

Now.

Today approached as a challenge. I was working this evening (behind a bar) and it was a celebration/fancy dress/birthday party for my co-worker and friend. These usually means lots of sweetie vodka shots (homemade), and a guranteed hangover the next day, as well as the normal pigging out on cake and pizza that comes with birthdays.
And it's not just a question of my will power, my friends, and the people i work with, are usually relentless when forcing me to drink, and in the past, had badgered me constantly until i give in.

This time, i put my foot down. And no one argued. HOORAY!

I am so pleased with myself. I was not tempted at ALL by alcohol. I was very happy with my soda water with lemon.

I did cheat, a tiiiiiny bit. I had half a teaspoon of chocolate cake, and immediately regretted it. But it was half a tea spoon, and NOT a whole slice. I think that is an achievement, if that's the only way i slipped all night. Best not to beat myself up about it, and stay on track. Looking forward to weigh in tuesday!

Hi Gemma,

Well done for avoiding the alcohol and cakes!!! Teaspoon is fine :)

My friends are same. All trying to make me drink. I survived a hen party last weekend which started 9am Saturday and finished 1pm Sunday. Stayed in hotel. Had to sit through 2 lunches, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast. Tough! Did ok and didn't have a drop to drink despite my friend trying her best!

Going to camping at a music festival soon (T in the park) so that will be a challenge! Also got Kings of Leon gig on Tuesday. That's normally a beer and food fest :-/

Stay strong mrs. You can do it. CD really works!

X

Kings of Leon?! Wow, very jealous. It might be nice to enjoy a gig sober? I know that for me, not drinking helps me appreciate music more, to the few gigs I've been too and nor drunk :)

Well done for getting through the hen party, did you still have a nice time?

At work at the moment, forgot I had to work and had to rush in last minute. Didnt bring any shakes with me, so im staaaaarving. Had my last shake at 1. Huuungry me, I'm more and more tempted by the pizza we sell.

But im gunna stay strong! Determined to have a clean cheat free week (not counting the 1/2 teaspoon of cake of course)

I finish in 5 mins... So shake soon.

Hang in there Gem. Sniffing pizza is free. But that Is all!!!

I had a ball at hen do. Laughed my head off :) great fun! X

Started 5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Day26: pending!

I stuck with it, even went to the cinema and refused a sweetie from the OH and drank water, not coke! It's a miracle! :)

Just got back from WI, and i lost 6lbs! Yay, so that is over half a stone in 2 weeks! :) Pretty chuffed, although i was hoping for maybe a little bit more of a loss from my first week of doing it properly.
Next week i'm going to add in a little exercise. I want to get into the 10's next week, so i'm aiming to lose 3lbs.

On a food note, i decided to try the porridges (i'm usually a bit funny with textures, so i avoided them before) and i LOVE them! I wish i had got more, i only bought 3. Apple and Cinnamon, yum yum :heartpump::heartpump:

My current favourites:
-Apple and Cinnamon porridge
-Butterscotch
-Chocolate orage
-Strawberry
-Toffee and Walnut
-Chocolate Velvet cartons

Dont like:
-Tomato soup
-Spicy asian soup thing
-Fruits of the forest
-Mango

Looking forward to another cheat free week :D x

Have actually found it pretty hard today...I'm really craving savoury. I don't know if maybe i haven't drunk enough water, or if it's cos i've been a bit bored. Maybe a mix of both.
Wah :(

Wow! Well done with the 6lb loss Gem :). That's great!

Keep at it. Stay strong, you will be tested along the way. You're strong enough to make good choices :) x

Thanks F&F :) So far this week i've been 100%, and finding it easier again.

I decided that this week, to lose the 3lbs goal, i wanted to step it up with some exercise. A while back, a friend and I bought a ******* vouchers for 10 fitness classes. They are mix and match classes of different kinds, today we booked in for our first. TRX Suspension. Which involves hanging from straps on a wall.

Wooow. It was hard. Much harder than i should be doing this stage in the diet. It was 1 hour long, and I had to stop repeatedly for fear of fainting. I almost threw up too. Bad bad times. I tried to listen to my body, and when i couldn't do anymore. I didn't.

I survived obviously, but I'm gunna take that as a warning to take it easier with the exercise. I'm going swimming on Saturday, in stead of the bootcamp we were booked in for. And I'm trying boxercise on Monday. I don't know how that will go, but again, i will just have to listen to my body.

Wow! That sounds great but you need to slow down Mrs... I know what its like to do high impact energy activities, then have zero fuel in me to function! Swim sounds like a good option. You'll tone really well doing that, especially your arms :)
X

Having a pretty feel good day today :) it may just be the sun. Whatever it is, I'm glad.

Today I tried on a vintage dress I bought last summer, that has always been too small... Until today :-D hooray!

On top of that, i went to another vintage shop. Usually, im way to big for any of their clothes. Today however, I found two things that I loved, and actually fit! What kind of magic is this?!

Wow!

So pleased for you Mrs... That's great result about dresses. Long may it continue :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Back