Secret Eaters

ruthiebusybee

I love this show!

The stuff they are telling the eaters is so obvious, but mistakes all of us make all the time.

Like the lady who thought her mayo, in seemingly huge quantities, was ok because it was part of her salad. And when Anna pointed it out to her she said "I was always told I could have as much salad as I wanted" (she had previously done SW), she really didn't like it when Anna said "well, you can, but not with all that much mayo!". It's amazing how many calories can add up.

I know butter's high in calories, but I was surprised when the guy managed to add 250 calories of butter to his jacket spuds. Amazing.

I love all these shows, and I know they're clever editing, but this one is the less 'hyped' of them all, and seems to deliver the most useful info, as far as I can see anyway.

The main message............................BE ENTIRELY HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!

Haha and the guy who tried to deny he had a KFC even when they had the bag of rubbish right in front of him! To be honest I think we all do it. Not so much anymore now I'm trying to be 100% good, but before I would have a few biscuits and just pretend I didn't or have full fat fizzy pop and convince myself it was okay because it was only a drink and can't do much harm. Good show though I love it

I used to kid myself that what I was eating wasn't as bad as what it actually was, but I know plenty of people who like the people on the show deny eating what they have eaten. My boyfriends mum is a prime example, she's always saying how she shouldn't be the size she is because she barely eats and then sits and eats loads of rubbish in front of you.
Her favourite one is to say while we're out ''I'm not that hungry so I'll just have a sandwich'' which she then orders a side of chips with... and then picks at her husbands plate...

The only thing I've heard that I really didn't agree with on that show was when they suggested that if you tend to have times when you binge on a lot of food, then you should weigh yourself everyday, I thought that was possibly some of the worse advice I've ever heard.

Plus when they had the experiment where they put sweets in front of some people in an office and over on a table away from other people in an office and were amazed that they found the people with them in front of them ate more....its like well yeah, I could have told you that would happen

The only thing I've heard that I really didn't agree with on that show was when they suggested that if you tend to have times when you binge on a lot of food, then you should weigh yourself everyday, I thought that was possibly some of the worse advice I've ever heard.

Plus when they had the experiment where they put sweets in front of some people in an office and over on a table away from other people in an office and were amazed that they found the people with them in front of them ate more....its like well yeah, I could have told you that would happen

I thought the very same thing about the weighing too - and also the "if you have a smaller bowl for your icecream then you will eat less icecream" was a fairly obvious one too. The issue I have is that I know I am eating from a smaller plate when I have tried that principle!!

ruthiebusybee said:
I thought the very same thing about the weighing too - and also the "if you have a smaller bowl for your icecream then you will eat less icecream" was a fairly obvious one too. The issue I have is that I know I am eating from a smaller plate when I have tried that principle!!

You can still pile the plate/ bowl high!! ;-)

Exactly! I should have an engineering degree after some of my feats!

I think it's better to make a conscious decision to eat better/less on a normal size plate so that you can portion your food more easily in most situations. Not many places offer smaller plates these days.

I'd forgotten about the smaller plate one. I don't see why all these shows don't just point everyone in the direction of slimming world to be honest.

Oh and that's something about last weeks, the woman on it who couldn't meet them at the end but said she'd lost 2 stone.... do we believe her? I personally am a bit dubious, partly because I don't see why she couldn't meet with them, partly because she was on the show in the first place because she stretches the truth when it comes to what she's really eating and partly because most of them on their loose around a stone in the ten weeks (which to be honest I don't think is that much, as I lost a stone within 10 weeks on slimming world and I only had just over 2 stone to loose) most people at group around their size tend to loose a lot more in 10 weeks (I know everyone is different but it makes me wonder what plan their following)

I love this show!

The stuff they are telling the eaters is so obvious, but mistakes all of us make all the time.

Like the lady who thought her mayo, in seemingly huge quantities, was ok because it was part of her salad. And when Anna pointed it out to her she said "I was always told I could have as much salad as I wanted" (she had previously done SW), she really didn't like it when Anna said "well, you can, but not with all that much mayo!". It's amazing how many calories can add up.

I know butter's high in calories, but I was surprised when the guy managed to add 250 calories of butter to his jacket spuds. Amazing.

I love all these shows, and I know they're clever editing, but this one is the less 'hyped' of them all, and seems to deliver the most useful info, as far as I can see anyway.

The main message............................BE ENTIRELY HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!

I'd forgotten about the smaller plate one. I don't see why all these shows don't just point everyone in the direction of slimming world to be honest.

Oh and that's something about last weeks, the woman on it who couldn't meet them at the end but said she'd lost 2 stone.... do we believe her? I personally am a bit dubious, partly because I don't see why she couldn't meet with them, partly because she was on the show in the first place because she stretches the truth when it comes to what she's really eating and partly because most of them on their loose around a stone in the ten weeks (which to be honest I don't think is that much, as I lost a stone within 10 weeks on slimming world and I only had just over 2 stone to loose) most people at group around their size tend to loose a lot more in 10 weeks (I know everyone is different but it makes me wonder what plan their following)

I completely agree about that lady in this weeks show. I dont think she took anything to heart about what she was told and she looked so frustrated and angry when she was told about the mayonnaise- she could have punched someone!!! Was pretty funny actually.

Plus the other week there was the young family and the girl said she had went from a size 20-22 to a 14 in the 10wks but only lost just over the stone if I remember right!!! There is no way she drop 4 dress sizes with that. Is it not technically 1st lost approx = a dress size, she would have to have lost 4st. Why lie?!!! Am I the only one that thinks she was telling porkies!!!!!

But I do like the programme as it makes you think yourself what have you eaten today - have I written it all down?!!!!

I completely agree about that lady in this weeks show. I dont think she took anything to heart about what she was told and she looked so frustrated and angry when she was told about the mayonnaise- she could have punched someone!!! Was pretty funny actually.

Plus the other week there was the young family and the girl said she had went from a size 20-22 to a 14 in the 10wks but only lost just over the stone if I remember right!!! There is no way she drop 4 dress sizes with that. Is it not technically 1st lost approx = a dress size, she would have to have lost 4st. Why lie?!!! Am I the only one that thinks she was telling porkies!!!!!

But I do like the programme as it makes you think yourself what have you eaten today - have I written it all down?!!!!

I'd forgotten about her, at the time me and my boyfriend said she didn't look like a 14, its a shame she felt she had to lie as she had done so well loosing weight but by lying about what size she was it took away from how well she'd done because you just thought...your not that size!?

I do think a lot of us eat things without thinking, but some of the people they show on secret eaters seem to be lying about it rather then not realising....

I love the show :) love shows like that I also love supersize vs superskinny.

The only show about weight I don't like is biggest loser. I think that show puts across the wrong message about losing weight. Like you'd be gutted if you 'only' lost 5lb in a week?! Hate it.

I thought this! I had similar ish stats to her when I first started and have lost almost twice as much and am just breaking into the size 16's now. Idk why she felt the need to lie. Maybe she has a pair of super stretch leggins in a size 14? Who knows!

It's an entertaining show though. I like! :)

I will b, taping it tho so can skip the adverts!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

The daughter had a cheek 2 say shred didn't eat 2 bad!!! 7000cals in 1day!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Back