Seeing GP on Monday for Xenical

barmcake

Hi there

I am seeing my GP for a consult on Monday, he gave me Xenical once before but I never took it and chickened out after reading a horror story on the net :(

However my sister has been using Alli and she has had no probs so I would really like to give it a go. I am not expecting miracles but I guess the fear of what could happen will make me stick to a diet for once and all!

Has anyone got any good advice for a first timer ? I would ideally like to shed six stone to get myself down to a bmi of around 25

What are the average losses like and can you exercise as normal from day one or do the tablets make you feel unwell at all

I am really thinking this is the beginning of getting my body back pre kids and I am so excited

Hi, Barmcake and welcome. First of all it says in your details that you are doing Atkins, probably not a good idea to take Xenical if you are still doing that. Apart from that, stick to the rules (no food more than 5g of total fat per 100g, no more than 15g of fat per meal) and you'll be fine. You will only feel unwell if you break the rules and yes you can exercise from day 1. Losses vary and this is not a miracle drug but really does help to re-educate and keep you on the straight and narrow for fear of side effects! You ONLY get these by the way if you break the rules. Good luck,

KB

Hi there and welcome :) I echo everything Kitty said...stay within the 5% fat rules/no more than 15g of fat per meal and you will have no awful side effects. I would really recommend keeping a food diary, either here, or a simple notebook in your kitchen does the same job :) I've kept a food diary since day 1 ( over 2 years ago now) and it really does help :)
Good luck and keep posting here x

Back