Seeking Slim Me - My diary

Hi everyone, I need a place to log my diet highs and lows, a place for support, tears, laughter, and so here I am
I'm 213lbs and my goal is 160lbs. I'm 5"10, I don't want to be skinny, I just want to be slimmer and still a bit curvy.

Yesterday I ran my first ever race for life, I ran 5k I'm 37.02minutes, totally thrilled with that. I have signed up for a 10k race in September and I have also entered the ballot for London marathon 2014

I have tried and failed diets before, but this time I mean business!!!

I figure that I will just write on here every time I feel the need to, and so apologies now for if waffle on too much

I'm a really fussy eater, and I mean really fussy, I ate most things until the age of about 6, but then things changed, I wouldn't eat vegetables, and everything else I had for a main meal I would have to drown in vinegar!! Nowadays I hate vinegar, makes me feel sick. As for the veg, well I'm still not keen, and I know that to be healthy I should be eating some nice healthy veg, but I just can't. Fruit, I could eat all day, I love fruit, will try any fruit!!

Meat wise, I have never been a fan of red meat, I love pork and I love chicken, I could eat chicken every day, I just need some adventurous ways to cook it now, last night chopped up some chicken breast, pan cooked it (low fat cooking spray used) and then put it in a bowl with a little diced chorizo and some low fat cheese and then let it cook in oven so the cheese melted. It was 500cals all together, it was delicious, I felt full and I didn't feel like I was having a 'boring' meal.

I think I will check out some low fat recipes online today and try a few adventurous ideas this week

Hi Leanne,
Good luck on your weight loss!
One of my favourite ways to cook chicken is to slice a chicken breast in half, but leave the two pieces just attached at one side, if that makes any sense?! Then put some sliced up garlic and whatever herbs you fancy (I like coriander and fennel, or a bit of paprika if I fancy it spicier) in the middle. Put a pile of Spinach, chopped up peppers and a couple of Cherry Tomatoes on a baking try, then sit the chicken on top and roast in the oven till its cooked through :)

Back