seems like to much

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
i lost half a stone in first two week then i upped to 1400 in third and didnt lose i blamed this on * week and i had a treat for valentines but my leader told me to go up to 1700 for my size and age and i am really panicy now as i'm scared i wont lose again and will be put off and i was doing so well.

Don't panic hun, that sounds about right for you. If you think that your body needs about 1500 cals a day just to function eg breath, organs working etc, you are only actually having an extra 200 calories a day which will be used up walking about and general daily things.

If you reduce your calories too much, your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to everything you eat because it will be in the wrong mode. Thats why the first 2 phases of the plan only last for 2 weeks each, its shocking your body into burning the fat. After this, the calories you are given will get your body to give the fat more easily without it going into starvation mode. As you loose the weight, your calorie allowance will be reduced accordingly. Hope this helps, but don't panic and certainly don't eat less than you have been allocated or you could well be in for a shock next week. :D:D

i dont seem to have lost any at all so far in fact it's saying i have put one on and i am starting to want to give it up if i'm honest plus i cant exercise cause my ankle is sprained.

You put your faith in the plan for the first few weeks and you had great results, now just because you are jumping on your own scales (naughty, naughty) you are doubting it. Why? You should only use the results from your class, and nothing else. I know its easy to jump on your own scales (most of us do) but this is exactly the reason why we shouldn't - you can get demoralised if you don't see the results you want. Weight fluctuates so much from day to day and even during the same day, which is why you should only do it once a week, same time, same scales.
I know its hard when you can't exercise, (I have been off work since last February after having a knee replacement which has gone wrong and can't do much at all), but your ankle will be better soon and then you can start and do some.
Have faith in what your consultant is telling you, and if you are doing what you are advised to the letter, you should have no problems at all. More to the point, have faith in yourself hun, you can do this if you really, really want it. Just don't panic.:D

PS start your own food diary in the diary section and we can have a look at what you are eating in a day, it might help.

V true gals - the home scales are the biggest cause of people falling off the wagon! We have a sneak peek and subconsciously it puts us off if we think we haven't lost. Honestly the best thing I ever did was ditch my own scales, what a difference its made

Also, with exercise, can you do something gentle that doesn't involve the ankle - say swimming or even lifting cans of beans on the couch when watching the telly? It just seems the lack of exercise is getting you down, so maybe trying something gentle would help?

Don't give up babes, you'll kick yourelf if you do!

big hugs
Linzois
x:)

Back