Self-sabotage.

Pootle

Silver Member
Why, oh why, oh why did I just eat six chocolate covered biscuits when I have been good for three weeks in a row? And I went out for a fast-paced half hour bike ride this afternoon. It is weigh in on Monday and I'm sure I have undone all my efforts for this week now. Really cross with myself!

Last edited:
Because we all need a break and a treat every now and then. Draw a line, it's done (and they were nice) and get back on it tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at wi.
Don't beat yourself up hun x

Thanks for your encouragement. Actually, they weren't that nice, they were Christmas ones that had been buried under a pile of paperwork on the kitchen table and they had even gone a bit stale because the box was open. I should have just thrown them away but I hate wasting food. Arghhh! Who cares about a few biscuits being wasteful? Oh, I'm so cross with myself.
I hope you are right that I will be pleasantly surprised, but it was *week this week and I'm still waiting for the 'drop' I normally see afterwards!

Oh no such a shame they weren't nice!
Well I shall keep my fingers for Monday but hopefully it will be fine x

Don't beat yourself up pootle.

So far since last night I've had half a massive Cadbury caramel bar, half a box of maltesers, 3 mini choc logs and a kitkat.

Sabotage seems to be on the cards this week. I feel sick and terrible but every time I go into the kitchen I eat something else.

Think I'll go to bed early.

One bad food decision/meal won't ruin your whole week's hard work - chin up! Just draw a line under it and get right back on plan, and your hard work will pay off. We all screw up the diet every now and then - and it's getting back on track that's the important thing, rather than thinking 'sod it' and falling even further off the wagon. You can do it!

You don't even want to know how much chocolate I've eaten today. It's a serious amount! And I started to feel really guilty and angry with myself, but the chocolate was already eaten and if I got too upset I'd sabotage myself further by eating more because I'd 'already ruined it'!

So I draw a line under it and just carried on as usual.

It can be hard to do that and let go of what you've eaten but it is better than getting upset and thinking you've ruined everything when you probably haven't!

Thanks everyone, starting afresh this morning. weetabix and blueberries for breakfast, chicken in the oven for lunch with cabbage, carrots, broccoli and a backed potato. Not sure yet what to have for tea but probably left over chicken and salad. Hopefully will be able to limit the damage as much as possible.

Try not to dwell on it too much, rather learn from this experience. Next time you need to do something like this pick something you're really going to enjoy:) As has already been said, draw a line under it and get planning for today and the rest of the week.
Hope your weigh-in goes well x

Thanks everyone, starting afresh this morning. weetabix and blueberries for breakfast, chicken in the oven for lunch with cabbage, carrots, broccoli and a backed potato. Not sure yet what to have for tea but probably left over chicken and salad. Hopefully will be able to limit the damage as much as possible.

Glad to hear it x

Join the club, Pootle! I went in a tearoom yesterday and ate a cheese and bacon pannini, with spicy wedges and, the one saving grace, a side salad! Then I even bought two cakes to take home!! :) Such an idiot! Unlike yours, it was all delicious but now I'm thinking, how totally stupid! Still, as everyone says, we'll just have to forget it and be good from now on. Sigh!

Kathy xx

Katy I've gone from one extreme to the other now. All I've had today's a cuppa tea. Really don't feel like eating today.

Need to pop my brain out and give it a rinse I reckon. Like Pootle, it's roast chicken for tea, maybe feel like eating that after xxxx

What kind of cakes were they?:)

Very naughty ones and home-made too! Death by Chocolate (a huge slice) and another huge slice of Blueberry Sponge with a creamy filling! I did share them with my OH but, still .......

Might give my brain a rinse too!!!! :D

Enjoy your chicken dinner!

Kathy xx

You shared them!? Fool. Lol

Thanks Kathy xxx

I did the same yesterday. I gained 1/2 lb at WI which I was really disappointed in as I'd had such a great week. I was literally shocked at the scales as I really expected a loss. Last night I thought sod it and had crisps, lager etc totally off the scale. I'm so mad at myself today as I really want to get to goal this time more than anything. I am doing an SAS log that my consultant gave me and hopefully that will give me kick up the bum. Don't be too hard on yourself it was only a few biscuits.

xx

We've all been there!! How you respond to a bit of a slip up is what matters. I've been known to say "Oh I really messed up with that mars bar, screw it, I'll just have a chinese!" Imbecile! As long as you get back on it and maybe workout how many syns it was and subtract from the rest of the weeks so you can keep it on plan :)

xxx

Oh why do we do this sabotage our good work, is it a moment of weakness or a treat. I usually sabotage myself week 5 same pattern every time. I have just managed to undo my week 5, 3 lb gain. The problem it goes on a lot quicker than it comes off. So I have had a synful Sunday, back on track tomorrow, I am going to write everything down and be totally accountable to myself!

Pootle...stop worrying about it. Like LittleOne83 said, we all need a treat and break from time to time. You won't have done all your good work for the week. Think of it this way....I went for a half hour fast bike ride today, so I CAN have some chocolate biscuits. That's ok. You have already limited the damage by having a good week before that, doing some exercise, and stopping there and getting back on plan. Well done :)

yeah but, on weighing this morning, I have put on 1 and 3/4 lbs. That can't all be the chocolate biscuits?! I know I went for a curry during the week for my husbands's birthday but I ordered a lamb rogan josh (syn allowance) and plain rice which was the lowest thing according to the food directory? I should have known if it sounds to good to be true...

Back