senokot max strength make me gain?

missjam

havent actually been to the toilet in 10 days :(

if i take some senokot max will it ruin my diet or knock me out of ketosis?

I don't think so as my cdc said I could take it - however she said you're better off with physllium husks regularly instead - buy them at Holland and Barrett - just bought them today so lets hope they work!

Youre probably better with ducolax it wont knock you out of ketosis.

Taking a laxative isnt going to ruin your diet. Youre more likely to show a gain if you havent been in ages

movicol is another good yet gentle one which is easy to get and fine to use on ss.
when i first did cd back in 2008 i was forced to come off the diet by my doctor who threatened to have me admitted to hospital for 'manual evacuation' after not going to the toilet for 15 days.
at that point i was in constant pain and looked about 8 months pregnant.
dont let it get to that stage hun.
get things moving now and then take regular fibre (fibre89 available from ur cdc or benefibre available from most pharmacies) psylium husks are a bulking agent so good to take to increase the physical 'need' to go but dont take it until u have already got things moving as it will only make things worse right now.

Youre probably better with ducolax it wont knock you out of ketosis.

Taking a laxative isnt going to ruin your diet. Youre more likely to show a gain if you havent been in ages

So Senna does knock u out??

No, senna won't knock you out of ketosis.

I think Dulcolax can be a bit on the violent side, IMHO - though admittedly it's always worked for me. Tummy cramps from taking the stuff can be quite something though - never take 2, whatever you do... Were you thinking of Dulcoease, Starlight? :)

So, sounds like it's time to pick your laxative of choice. Don't bother with psyllium husks or extra fibre like Fibre 89 until you're un-bunged, cos it'll just make things even worse.

Good luck :cross:

I think Dulcolax can be a bit on the violent side, IMHO - though admittedly it's always worked for me. Tummy cramps from taking the stuff can be quite something though - never take 2, whatever you do... Were you thinking of Dulcoease, Starlight? :)

So, sounds like it's time to pick your laxative of choice. Don't bother with psyllium husks or extra fibre like Fibre 89 until you're un-bunged, cos it'll just make things even worse.

Oh dear I read this just after taking 2 dulcolax! :eek:x

Lily said:

No ducolax they're the only thing I take if I'm having bother they work great lol I've never had any problems with them

Back