September exercise challenge

pratainua

Silver Member
Well in the absence of tipperary who is on her hols and has kept me motivated with the excercise challenges, here is the September challenge.

So set your own exercise challenge for the month and update regularly.
Any kind of exercise, any goal you want to aim for.

My goal will be steps and this month I am going to stick to the 12,000 steps a day, so my goal is 360,000 steps for the month of September.
I will do it this month.

Just me for now :(
Anyway I started well 13,768/360,000 steps.
Onto day 2......

Well done.
I hope to swim and walk each day. A short 30 minute early morning walk or some longer 10km plus walks but need darling husband to cooperate with that one.

I need to get back into exercising so will join you.
I'm aiming for 30 mins of any exercising a day. Bike ride or Power walk on dry days and on wet days something indoors.

I will start logging tomorrow.:)

When we had SKY+ I would find a fitness channel with Bollywood dancing or something like that to move about to.

Welcome aboard craftermary.
Well I didn't do so well over the weeken but I will make up for it during the week. It was so wet on Saturday. And it rained on me twice when I tried to go for a walk yesterday. Though yesterday was mostly dry. I walked in the rain in the end and was dry before I got home.
So running total 30,814/ 360,000 steps.

OK I'm in. Its now the 5th September and I am setting myself a very small target of 3km walking each day. Not very much at all but just enough to remind me what my legs are for. I'm in France now and with all the hilla and the heat 3km here is like 5km at home.

Target walk 75km 0 done 75 to go

Got our at 9 am this morning and did 3km. Lots of walking tracks here and meet other people with backpacks and walking poles

Target walk 75km 3 done 72 to go

Yoga done yesterday.:)

20170904_110200.jpg

He looks more Zumba or Jazzercise than yoga....but well done

2km walk while wandering

Target walk 75km 5 done 70 to go

Well done on setting yourself a target Tipperary. It will be nice to get out for a walk with loads of new places to explore. Great way to keep motivated.
I would love to have a trampoline myself as it is great fun. And a great way to burn calories.
Yoga is not something I have ever tried, but I might give it a try. I am looking to join a a class, one day a week.
I am up to 56,931/ 360,000 steps and I have already gone for a walk this morning so I should catch up.

No official walking today but did do about 2km wandering through a village and up a large hill to a "donjon". Also finally got a bit of swimming done, a gentle 20 mins. The pool man came but it still isn't fixed so a short amount was all I could do..

Target walk 75km 7 done 68 to go

Tuesday was a wet day so it was sit ups,leg exercises and some stretching.
Wednesday was a sunny day so done a 5 mile walk.
Today looks like an indoor day again. o_O

Just back from an 8km walk. Overcast and a bit of a breeze so perfect for walking.

Target walk 75km 15 done 60 to go

Well done on setting yourself a target Tipperary. It will be nice to get out for a walk with loads of new places to explore. Great way to keep motivated.
I would love to have a trampoline myself as it is great fun. And a great way to burn calories.
Yoga is not something I have ever tried, but I might give it a try. I am looking to join a a class, one day a week.
I am up to 56,931/ 360,000 steps and I have already gone for a walk this morning so I should catch up.

Well done on your steps :)

I love going on the trampoline, I'm lucky that my daughter has one in the garden, so I can go on it. I did think about going to a trampoline park but they cost about £12 an hour and the nearest one to me is about 5 miles away. I never thought that bouncing for 5 minutes would wear me out so much!

Hi all,
I've been so good this week, I started my trampoline challenge on Monday and managed 4 minutes continous bouncing, then on Tuesday and yesterday I managed 5 minutes each day. I am really pleased to be doing this as it only takes a short time but I think it will benefit me in the long term. I'm not sure I'll manage it tonight as I wont be home till late. Then tomorrow I am doing a bike ride after work.
I am hoping to get out on my bike about 3 times a week between now and October but it depends on my fitness level and the weather.

Back