September Size 12? I need to get a move on.

SeptemberSize12

is a slinky size 12.
Hi all :)

I am carrying 3.5 stone of excess baby weight (my little girl is nearly two now and I have ran out of excuses to remain so overweight.) I am currently a size 18 (14 stone) and hope to be around 10 st 7 by September (size 12.)

A bit about me...

I am a stay at home mum and degree student. I also have a fabulous DP (well he is fab most of the time but being a man he has his moments), two children - a teenager and a toddler and we also have three dogs.

We currently live in Yorkshire (near Hull) but due to my partner's work we are moving to Devon (Dawlish) at the end of next year.

I am fed up of being fat and frumpy and it's about time I ditched the extra weight I am 'still' carrying from pregnancy. I want to be sexy and slim before Summer is over... in fact when we go on holiday in July I want to be able to wear a skirt. That will be for the first time in years I dare to bare my legs lol.

I am keeping this calorie counting diary to keep me on track and focused for my journey ahead. I go on my hols in 8 weeks and would love to be 21lbs lighter by then (12st 7.) So here goes... first 21lbs say hello to the door. :D

Love Beth x

The plan... between 1000 and 1500 calories a day. I shall mix up the amount of calories I have so my body never gets used to a set amount of food.
I shall eat very little sugar as it makes me crave more food and I shall exercise lightly every day. I am not a gym bunny but I do love walking, dancing, cycling and playing with my little girl. I shall aim for 30 - 60 minutes of 'fun' exercise every day.

Today my menu is:

B/fast; Protein shake 200 cals
Lunch; Ham, oven chips, peas 600
Tea; Prawn and pepper Stir Fry 300
(with spinach, courgettes, bean sprouts)
Snacks; Nakd Bar 150
Raspberries 50
1300 cals

Welcome aboard, Beth! :)

You've set yourself sensible, achievable goals so best of luck with them. Prawn & pepper stir fry sounds delicious too!

Thank you Lady Amalthea... It's good to be on board. X

welcome Beth

good luck on your journey. there are a few of us trying to loose our baby weight lol.

Sarah xx

Thank you Sarah... yes that blasted baby weight certainly likes to hang around especially when I keep topping it up with cream cakes and crisps :) ... well I did but now I am being good.

Today's menu

B/fast; Ham salad with mayo 250
Lunch; Small Pork chop (no fat) and 300
broccoli, green beans, carrots
Tea; Tofu stir fry 200
Snks; Raspberries and Blueberries 100
150 cals of Brazil nuts 150
2 oat cakes and peanut butter 125
cheesecake 400
Milk for coffee 75
1600 cals

I will be doing plenty of walking today as we are going to the park this morning and shopping this afternoon (being good and leaving the car at home for both.) That will be today's eercise taken care of.:)

Have a lovely day peeps.

Beth x

Last edited:
Hi Beth,

Good luck with your weight loss plan. I'm in a very similar boat to yourself and am starting calorie counting and a diary today.

Hope your day goes well.

TJ x

Good luck Wobblebottom. :) I shall subscribe to your diary. x x

I weighed out 150 cals worth of brazil nuts and it came out as 7 brazil nuts. Yikes... they are more calorie dense than I thought, however as I am being good and having no crisps today so the brazil nuts will do as my 'in front of the tv snack' for tonight. I will have to eat them a tiny slither at a time to make them last through 'The Apprentice.'

x x

We just got back from the park, the skies are getting dark and the wind is soooo cold. Is it really May?
Think we will be getting soggy this afternoon. x

It looks like it up this way too - I went a walk to the shops earlier (for good food, I promise haha!) and the wind is fair blowing! Was hoping to get some washing out to dry but the grey clouds are appearing so it doesn't look like a good idea now! x

I have had 400 extra calories today more than planned (ate a piece of cheesecake) so tomorrow has to be a low cal day... 1000 cals only, I will have to plan wisely. Herbal tea instead of coffee to save on milk, veg soup for lunch and fruit for snacks. Ah well bath and bed early so I don't blow it further. X

Hi Beth,

I'm the same as you tomorrow due to a little overindulgence today. As long as we keep within our weekly calorie allowance (8400 for me) we should be ok. I'm going to leave it as long as possible before I eat tomorrow.

TJ x

I know what you mean about leaving it as long as possible to eat TJ... once I start eating, my appetite gets switched on and I struggle to switch it off. So I will only have fluids until lunchtime... my worst snacking/grazing time is after tea, so I will save my breakfast calories for then.

Last night I ended up also having two bags of crisps because my brain said 'Oh well you have blown it now, may as well have these lovely crisps and start again tomorrow,' and much to my annoyance... I listened.

So now I have even more to make up before my weigh in next Tuesday BUT I shall start as I mean to go on and be 100% on plan today and for the rest of my diet week.

So the cals today are;

almond milk and blueberry smoothie 100 cals
prawn and veg stirfry 200
ham and 2 egg omelette, side salad 200
cereal bar 200
apple, raspberries 100
Milk for coffee 75

Total 875

I am hoping to save my cereal bar (cut up into teeny tiny pieces,) apple and raspberries for grazing on this evening when I am watching TV or studying.
Exercise; I am walking to the doctors today (car free again) and that is about 30 minutes... plus taking my little one for a play on the fields with the dogs should the weather not be too wet.
Oh well here goes day two... IT WILL BE A SUCCESS!!!! :mad: <That is a grimace of determination.

Never worry about the cheesecake - at least you are re-adjusting your calorie intake for today. I'm sure it won't have too great a bearing on your weigh in :)

Tummy bug today so unsure of calorie count atm... I have had a peeled apple so far and still feel yuk. I may feel like death warmed up but at least not eating will help the diet. :)

Just an apple today due to tummy upset so thats 55cals for the day. I am looking forward to brekkie tomorrow. X

hope u feel better tomorrow xx

Thankyou Sarahmum. Well... Feeling a bit better today, havent eaten yet as I still have an upset stomach. May have some mashed potato at lunch if I can manage it. I have lost 5lbs in the last 24hrs though... Lol every cloud has a silver lining.

Back