September Weight Loss Challenge - Lose that Lard!!

dextermummy

Silver Member
Hello All,
Who's up for a fun and frantic September Challenge? Any diet, any target.
I've just started up calorie counting (again, this time) on Monday and will weigh in every Monday. I'm counting my next week weigh in even though it'll still be August coz, well I want to. So this challenge will be over 5 weigh ins for me. Have been back and forth on what to target myself. I'm hoping for at least a couple of weeks of higher losses as I have a fair bit to lose, and those first pounds always go quickest. So I'm gonna be ambitious and go for 19lbs which will bring me to 16st 7lbs.
I'm hoping people will join in, but if not I'll still be here plugging away. If you want to join just copy and paste and add your name and target. Anyone who wants to pledge a non-scale target is more than welcome, but I'll leave it up to you how you measure that. Good luck, and happy losing.

DM

dextermummy - target 19lbs (lost 0lbs, 19lbs to go)

Hi
I'll join you DM
This is my first post on minimins.
I already started my diet last Monday, so I have lost the first few pounds I was holding onto (water weight?) So I've set a slightly lower target for myself.
My target is to get back to the weight I was when I finished my diet last year, which was about 14st. So I need to lose about 11lbs from today to hit that weight, if I go over that target then brilliant!!
I'm mainly trying to eat clean and cut down the calories I'm consuming - about 1000-1200 cals a day (fruit and veg and also cutting down carb intake). I work in an office so not much excercise is done!

Good luck to you too and happy losing

maryt001 - target 11lbs (lost 0lbs, 11lbs to go)

Fab, great to have you on board maryt001. I work in a pretty busy retail setting and never stop moving at work. I joke that if it wasn't for that then they'd probably have to take the side off my house to winch me out if anything ever happened to me. I need to focus on some more structured excercise at some point, but it's pretty much just diet for me at the mo.
What day do you usually weigh in?

I know what you mean, I used to work as a receptionist and managed to lose a lot of weight then as I was constantly moving.

I might take a trip out at the weekend just to get some walking done and a bit of exercise but I've never done any real exercise! :D

I usually weigh in every morning :boxing: I know I shouldn't though because weight fluctuates a lot in the week
I will try and resist and weigh in every Monday!!

Last edited:
Is this gonna be like one of those parties where 1 person shows up, and guest and host end up chit-chatting uncomfortably while the guest tries to judge how long they're obliged to stay?

Nah! Sausages (low fat ones of course) to that! We can be the terrible twosome. maryt001 and dextermummy against the world. RAAWR!!

Plus it's, like, not even September. There's oodles of time for people to show. I mean it's not like I bought all this food, and borrowed chairs, and hoovered, and WAXED!! Wont somebody please think of the children!!

And breathe...

(Sorry. I was bored waiting for my food to cook. Wont happen again *crosses fingers*)

I'd love to take part. :) I've lost almost 13lbs already, but doing these monthly challenges can be motivating. I'd like to lose an extra 8lbs at most during September.

My weigh in is also on Monday.

Vorona - Target: 8lbs (lost 0lbs, 8lbs to go)

Added you on jenny_belte. What day do you weigh in?

Cynicalgirl - Target: 11lbs (lost 0lbs, 11lbs togo)
jenny_belte - target 12lbs (lost 0 lbs, 12lbs to go)

Added you on jenny_belte. What day do you weigh in?

jenny_belte - target 12lbs (lost 0 lbs, 12lbs to go)

thanks Dextermummy, I weigh in on Mondays :)

Morning ladies
I know a few of us weigh in today so i wanted to come spread a little good luck dust around (just a little, I'm saving most of it for myself).

I cant weigh in til my lunch break (I dont own scales so its off to Boots) and I'm honestly really nervous. I always have good first weigh ins on a new diet and I've been soooo good. I keep telling myself not to expect too much but im gonna be gutted if it's not a good one.

Hope everyone gets what they wish for and I'll check in later.

DM

good morning all,

just weighed myself and a massive 6lbs down this week woohoo. It's my first week back to eating healthily so knew it would be bigger than normal. hoping for 2lb next week.

I've changed my Sept goal to 14lbs so I'll have a 2lb per week goal now that I've lost 6lbs.

good luck to everyone weighing today.

jenny_belte - target 12lbs (lost 6lbs, 8lbs to go)

Hi all

Weighed in today, I only lost 1lb but I've been dieting a few weeks already now and I had a few treats over the bank holiday weekend! So I'm happy with that!

Good luck to everyone today x

maryt001 - target 11lbs (lost 1lb, 11lbs to go)
jenny_belte - target 12lbs (lost 6lbs, 8lbs to go)

Fab losses ladies. That first loss boost is so motivating Jenny and I was very happy (and relieved) to be sharing it with you today.
8lb lost! Im chuffed to itty bitty pieces!

dextermummy - target 19lbs (lost 8lbs, 11lbs to go)
maryt001 - target 11lbs (lost 1lb, 10lbs to go)
Cynicalgirl - Target: 11lbs (lost 0lbs, 11lbstogo)
jenny_belte - target 14lbs (lost 6lbs, 8lbs togo)

September tomorrow (i know we got impatient and started early), so plenty of time for people to join us if they want.

We are gonna kick backside this September ladies!!

haha looking forward to Sept, its my birthday :)

decided to not stick to weekly weigh in so lost another lb to add

Cynicalgirl - Target: 11lbs (lost 0lbs, 11lbs to go)
jenny_belte - target 14lbs (lost 7lbs, 7lbs to go)

Hey lovelies,

Another one joining :p

I am hoping to lose 7lbs in September.

My losses are sometimes so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - very annoying but just have to accept it.

If I can lose this 7lbs that will be a 2st 1lb loss :D

Cynicalgirl - Target: 11lbs (lost 0lbs, 11lbs to go)
jenny_belte - target 14lbs (lost 7lbs, 7lbs to go)
Dolly Rocker - Target 7lbs (lost 0lbs, 7lbs to go

Let's do this!

Dxxx

Back