Serial Dieter joining the journey... again!

Anma40

Good morning lovelies!
I started Slimming World on Tuesday. For probably about the 4th time. I’ve done every diet there is! I even used to be a Cambridge Weight Plan consultant. I did manage to get down to a lovely size 10/12 until in 2012 my back went, and I had a spinal injury called Cauda Equina. It reoccurred twice.... meaning I had 3 major spinal ops between 2012 and the end of 2014. Since then, the lack of exercise, the drugs I was taking, and the fear of it happening again so not being active much at all, has meant my weight ballooned. I’m currently 16.4 and a size 20/22. I’ve decided I need to stop using my condition as an excuse for being fat! I’m actually doing really well now... the odd flare up, but nothing serious.
So here I am. In my 40th year. The kids are all older now and I’ve returned to work. Time to do ME!

Goodness, Anma, what a tough time you've had. Welcome to minimins and good luck!

Good morning lovelies!
I started Slimming World on Tuesday. For probably about the 4th time. I’ve done every diet there is! I even used to be a Cambridge Weight Plan consultant. I did manage to get down to a lovely size 10/12 until in 2012 my back went, and I had a spinal injury called Cauda Equina. It reoccurred twice.... meaning I had 3 major spinal ops between 2012 and the end of 2014. Since then, the lack of exercise, the drugs I was taking, and the fear of it happening again so not being active much at all, has meant my weight ballooned. I’m currently 16.4 and a size 20/22. I’ve decided I need to stop using my condition as an excuse for being fat! I’m actually doing really well now... the odd flare up, but nothing serious.
So here I am. In my 40th year. The kids are all older now and I’ve returned to work. Time to do ME!
Oh what a horrid time you have had, I really wish you well. Welcome and good luck!!!!!!

Well.... that went well! 😂
I’ve restarted my weight loss journey after reaching 17st 3lb. I’m into my 2nd week of sole source on the 1:1 (CD). 8lb down and actually properly in the zone now. My aim is to lose 43lb by age 43 which is in October. Bring it on!

Excellent, Anna. I look forward seeing yr success.

Back