Serial dieter strikes again...

MrsGlas81

Good afternoon everyone,

Here I am, starting another diet! My god, my family hate me! In the last year, I have done slimming world, weight watchers, exante, slim and save, Atkins and now I'm having a go at this.... It sounds too good to be true. So in true style, I had started today off with a slim and save pack, then decided part way thru this morning to begin JUDDDD, I am off out for a meal tonight so I wouldn't have been truly on slim and save. So... Today is my first up day. My weight this morning was the lowest yet this year... 11 stone 3lb. I started exante in July at 12st 11lb so I've done okay so far. On DD's I've decided to probably stick to my slim and save packs and do it 500/2000 (or under)..any tips .from you lovely people would be handy, ill have a read of some more diaries in a bit to spur me on!

fizzyfluff said:
Well done on your loss so far, welcome to our family!

16 lost : 51 to goal

Thanks Hun :) looking fwd to getting to know you all xx

Hello! Enjoy your meal out!

Paulinegin said:
Non scale victories! You will lose inches faster than pounds on JUDDD :D

P x

Oh I see! Thank you. That's sound interesting, why is that?

Right, I've decided to do measurements to see if I lose inches... Here are my current measurements...

Bust 32" (wow - I used to be 38!!!)
Waist 35"
Hips 42" yuck.
R.Arm 12"
R.Thigh 23.5" thunder thighs...

Lets see how it goes... And you don't want to know what I've eaten so far! I have been putting it into MFP tho so I know I'm ok... Tonight we are having ham hock terrine, guinea fowl and summer fruits pavlova! It's a posh black tie do I'm off too... I don't normally do posh... I used to be a pint sinking cider drinker!

Right, well no idea how many calories I ate last night, so brushed that one under the carpet, and am on my first DD... Vanilla shake for brekkie. Need this hangover to go now, looking forward to tomorrow.. Been getting recipes from the Hairy Dieters book and off shopping in a bit :)

Good Luck on your first DD, your meal last night sounded amazing!!!
To answer your question about why inches rather than pound? The fast/feast regime apparently turns on you fat burning gene & also brings into play certain hormones that also help fat burning so you lose fat not water. The feast days turn off the 'starvation mode' effect which theoretically stops the body storing every calorie it receives in panic & also protects you from losing as much lean body mass (muscle) which is denser than fat so may show on the scales more than in inches!
As you have been on a VLCD you may find at first you gain a little so you need to give this plan a chance..don't judge it until you have done at least a month. Good Luck, have fun!!

JillyCornwall said:
Good Luck on your first DD, your meal last night sounded amazing!!!
To answer your question about why inches rather than pound? The fast/feast regime apparently turns on you fat burning gene & also brings into play certain hormones that also help fat burning so you lose fat not water. The feast days turn off the 'starvation mode' effect which theoretically stops the body storing every calorie it receives in panic & also protects you from losing as much lean body mass (muscle) which is denser than fat so may show on the scales more than in inches!
As you have been on a VLCD you may find at first you gain a little so you need to give this plan a chance..don't judge it until you have done at least a month. Good Luck, have fun!!

Thanks for your reply - that was really helpful, I'm off to have a further read tonight, really hope I can stick to this diet.

Been a really busy day today, trying to battle a hangover... Cutting our huge hedge (20 black bin liners worth!), kids party and a tesco visit. Managed 3 shakes and now having a bar (off to check on MFP for calories first!) really bad headache today but I think it's mainly due to the wine. Here's to tomorrow! Got a tuna pasta salad all ready for lunch and a chilli all cooked for tea... Porridge for brekkie I think :) ooh can't wait!

Ooh, just checked and 4 slim and save packs and milk takes me to 561 calories... Hopefully this is ok... I'm guessing so. The amount of exercise I've done today it should be!

Don't worry about a few calories....some people have taken a few D days before they get under the 500...I often go over TBH...and I keep losing. I'm sure you'll be fine

JillyCornwall said:
Don't worry about a few calories....some people have taken a few D days before they get under the 500...I often go over TBH...and I keep losing. I'm sure you'll be fine

Thanks. Think it's going to take me that too. I may drop it to 3 shakes then I know with milk for drinks ill be fine. What do you have on your DD's? Just worked out what I'm having tomorrow calorie wise, it'll be around 1500 if I stick to what I plan... Actually rather excited!

Right, first *proper* UD.

30g Porrige and milk for brekkie
Hairy Dieters Tuna/Pasta salad for lunch
Hairy Dieters Chilli con carne later for tea.

So far so good, not actually feeling hungry, but I guess tomorrow on DD I'll be ravenous!

ooh and my weight this morning had gone up slightly, but this is expected (especially after my alcohol intake!) 11st 5.5lb

About to have my chilli. But I'm not even hungry! Have just been for a 4 mile walk so I think that's why. Just wondering what you all have to eat on your fast days?

Ok, so first proper UD and I've had around 1370kcal.... And I'm stuffed! Managed just over 2 litres of drink as well. I don't like this full feeling.... It doesn't seem right. But it's early days.. Hope I don't pile the weight on. I'm going to try and have under 500 tomorrow.

Back