Serial Joiner

kikaroo

Silver Member
So today is my first weigh in after a week back on SW. I've done it twice before at group and several times online but I'm in the right frame of mind this time and determined to make it stick. I really like my new group and I think I'm going to get on really well with the consultant which is a lot of what keeps me motivated. I have a very supportive partner at home as well which is why I think it'll work this time (each time I've done it previously I've lived alone and had no one to persuade me to back away from the chocolate!) I've got almost 5 stone to lose, but taking it 1 day at a time and breaking it down into mini goals (half a stone at a time). My OH has promised me a nice present when I reach my Club 10 weight so extra motivation to achieve that. I've been really good all week. This consultant is fully in agreement with weekly rather than daily syns (the last one wasn't and it didn't work for me) so I've had around 70 syns this week, my full allocation of Healthy Extras and I've not felt deprived in the slightest. I am rather hungry at the moment though. I'm one of those that eats light until after I've weighed although I don't starve myself. I had a piece of fruit for breakfast, and some sushi and a hifi bar for lunch. Normally my downfall would be straight after group - I'd be starving and go home and do whatever is quick and easy (not necessarily healthy) but this time around, OH has agreed to have (a SW friendly) dinner ready for me on a Thursday when I get home. I'm hoping for a good loss tonight with it being my first week back. The most I've ever lost week 1 is 3.5lb but I'd really like 4.5 today, but we'll see!

Just wanted to say good luck for tonight!!
I've recently rejoined slimming world after having a baby, and had 5 stone 8lb to lose.
In three weeks I have lost 11lbs, and am hoping for my 1 stone certificate on Saturday!

xx

Hi good luck:) I am joining slimming world for the millionth time tonight and feel fully ready to commit unlike other times when other people have convinced me to join along with them, I have around 10 stone to lose.

Wow congratulations @Mrsdenno

Good luck @Chubby carer let us know how you got on!

Well I had 3.5 off - I'm not destined to lose any more than that per week methinks. Anyways the same again next week would give me half a stone in 2 weeks so working towards that. I've also rediscovered sweetened quark with berries as well as low alcohol lager so I feel like I'm being naughty but my whole treat is only 1.5 syns! Here's to another good week!

@Chubby carer it's half the battle when you have a group and consultant that keeps you motivated. I loved my first group but moved to a different town and joined a new one - I hated it! I found the consultant too patronising and she thinks 'only a lb' isn't good enough. The group were very clicky too and I never felt comfortable there so I left and regained all my weight! My current group is amazing, so much fun and the consultant trained with the one who led my first group so their styles are very similar. It makes me look forward to going to group every Thursday (whatever the result) rather than dreading it.

So the in laws are down for the weekend. That usually means copious amounts of alcohol and rich food. I'm going for damage limitation. They're having a takeaway tonight, I'm having an Iceland meal. I'm hoping to persuade MIL that we only need to share 1 bottle of wine (not the 2 we normally have) and the Sunday roast we're going for is self serve for veggies and gravy so I can control what I'm putting on my plate. I'm feeling a couple of SP days next week to make up for this weekend!

Good luck I hope you stayed strong my in-laws always have cake and all those goodies I need to avoid!

I've done really well thanks! Really pleased with myself. I've still got around 50 syns left to use between now and Thursday so could have been much worse! I was very restrained at lunch and only had 2 roasties and a dribble of gravy. The veg is great in that place too - no butter! Had 2 pints too but no other syns today so Im putting that down as a victory! MIL has struggled with her weight in the past so wasn't the slightest bit offended that I didn't have any of her baked goods - OH enjoyed them though!

Got right back on it yesterday after the in laws left (not that I was really 'off it' all weekend). Had half a syn all day. I always find it much easier to have syn free days during the week rather than on the weekends which is why counting my syns weekly really works for me. It should be plain sailing between now and weigh in. I hardly ever use syns before weigh in on a Thursday and if I do, it's only a small sushi pack. I've got 32 syns left so there's no way I'll use them between now and then, although it's nice to know I've got them if I've got an uncontrollable craving for chocolate. All my meals are planned for the week - I have left over bolognese for lunch and I'm making a curry for dinner tonight. Nothing's gonna stop me this week! Next week will be more difficult. We're away for the weekend in a really remote place where all meals are set so I have no control over what I eat. I've decided I'm just gonna roll with it and go syn free from Monday and if it's not a weight loss, I won't beat myself up over it! At least after next week we have nothing planned until November so I can concentrate on getting as much weight off before Christmas as I can.

Good on you for getting back to it. It's sometimes the hardest thing to do!!!! I'm the same, been on, been off - really hoping it sticks this time.

Thursday's seem to come around so quickly! Why is it that it's weigh day when you're feeling the most bloated and heavy? I'm sure it's psychological. I've had a really good week, eaten plenty of speed and have loads of syns left. That feeling is creeping in though where I'm starting to regret that half bottle of prosecco which is silly. Syns are there to be used and that's what I chose to use them on. I'm hoping for another good loss on the scales tonight - 3.5 would be ideal so I can go away this weekend half a stone lighter but the scales can be really cruel sometimes. I'm a secret weigher (which I know is bad, but I can't resist) and mine don't seem to have moved much this week! I think I'm gonna get the OH to put the bathroom scales somewhere out of my reach so that I stop torturing myself!

I've been a bit useless this week! Been so busy and it's all caught up with me and I'm feeling a bit exhausted. I had 1.5 off last week. It's great that it's a loss, but I would have liked more. I'm going for a maintain this week. Our weekend away wasn't the healthiest (according to my scales I gained 4.5lb!) but I got straight back on it with an SP day yesterday and will be continuing with SP today and tomorrow. I dusted off the slow cooker last night and cooked a stew overnight so that's ready for reheating when I get home tonight. I'd really like to get through the next month or so without a gain so trying desperately to shed those holiday lbs!

I went to bed with a migraine last night :( I'm putting it down to the sudden restriction in diet after a weekend of indulgence, going straight from rich, calorific foods to SP. I'm on day 3 of SP today, but feeling better after some sleep. 1 more day of SP tomorrow then back to normal EE in time for the weekend. I've only done 4 days of it this week to try and compensate for the weekend, but I think in future I'll only do a maximum of 2 SP days a week if possible. I've enjoyed having the extra 'b' choice though and it seems to be working and according to my scales (I know it's naughty to look), I'm back down to my pre weekend weight. Weigh in tomorrow evening. A loss would be amazing but I'd be happy with a maintain. We've not got any plans coming up and we've decided to go sober for October so I can really concentrate on getting some good losses.

Here to follow! I'm a returner too. Though I joined last night and it was the consultant's last meeting! Hoping for a good one next week.

Hope your migrane has eased. Plenty of water.

Flic. xx

I went to bed with a migraine last night :( I'm putting it down to the sudden restriction in diet after a weekend of indulgence, going straight from rich, calorific foods to SP. I'm on day 3 of SP today, but feeling better after some sleep. 1 more day of SP tomorrow then back to normal EE in time for the weekend. I've only done 4 days of it this week to try and compensate for the weekend, but I think in future I'll only do a maximum of 2 SP days a week if possible. I've enjoyed having the extra 'b' choice though and it seems to be working and according to my scales (I know it's naughty to look), I'm back down to my pre weekend weight. Weigh in tomorrow evening. A loss would be amazing but I'd be happy with a maintain. We've not got any plans coming up and we've decided to go sober for October so I can really concentrate on getting some good losses.

I had awful headaches when I first started and I had a day of indulgence on Saturday myself and the headaches seemed to start again for me on Sunday. I have always found that going off plan has chance to start some of my cravings again.

Been in the kitchen all day, making lots of stuff out of the new curry club book. We haven't had a 'date night' for ages so going to have a massive fakeaway feast tonight. No alcohol for me tonight, I polished off a bottle of wine all by myself last night so gonna save myself some syns and stick to flavoured water

Back