seroquelXL

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by _red_, 14 June 2010 Social URL.

1. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    ok so i've been blogging elsewhere but not on a weight loss support site, i hope i'm welcome :) here's what i have recorded so far.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    day 1

I've been hearing a lot about how difficult it is to maintain weight, let alone lose it whilst on anti-psychotics so since I've just been started on 600mg of seroquel(abilify didn't agree with me) I thought what better time to start a new diet and exercise routine.

So, today is day one of what I hope to be a lifestyle change rather than a regular diet that gets tossed into the corner when the going gets tough.

After weighing myself this morning I was slightly pleased as I had lost 2lbs since thursday without trying, I'll admit I have lost my appetite since taking them. It's not much, I know, but it's a step in the right direction that's for sure.

Throughout this I will be weight daily but my offical weigh in of the week will be monday mornings.

My Mum and Dad are joining me on this so temptation will be limited, I hardly eat much normally Im just too lazy to do any exercise.

I wont be recording my weight just how much Ive lost.

I will check in later and record what I've eaten and what exercise I've done [​IMG]

4. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    end of day 1

today i did no exercise, what a lazy g*t.

ive eaten 1 weetabix with milk and a salad with salad cream totalling about 200 calories.

doing good [​IMG]

5. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    day 2

Weight loss to date(since yesterday, Im not counting the initial weight loss) : 2lbs

Today I woke up feeling completely refreshed. I'm beginning to wonde rif a healthy diet and lifestyle is half the battle for me. It's a start atleast.

Having weighed myelf I'm not that impressed since it's probably water weight right now but then again, who cares? the numbers are moving in the right direction.

Still not done any exercise yet, I need to do some today!!

Check in laters....oh also feeling ultra tired from the seroquel but it's better than the alternative

6. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    hmm..

some of my replies are having to be checked by mods before they're posted that's why theres a chunk of info missing :)

7. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    should i be posting in the blog section? :S oh dear i'm confused

8. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    ok i will try to post the bits that were missed out....

day 1 food:

today i did no exercise, what a lazy git.

ive eaten 1 weetabix with milk and a salad with salad cream totalling about 200 calories.

doing good

day 2:

Weight loss to date(since yesterday, Im not counting the initial weight loss) : 2lbs

Today I woke up feeling completely refreshed. I'm beginning to wonde rif a healthy diet and lifestyle is half the battle for me. It's a start atleast.

Having weighed myelf I'm not that impressed since it's probably water weight right now but then again, who cares? the numbers are moving in the right direction.

Still not done any exercise yet, I need to do some today!!

Check in laters.... very tired from the seroquel...

day 2 food:

ok i've finished eating for the day and ive had:

1 weetabix, an oxo cube drink and 2 small salads which totala to about 300 calories. i'm pleased with the result let's just hope the result shows on the scales tomorrow morning!! XD

9. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    hi red, welcome to the forum.

by reading your diary it seems as if your eating little or nothing, i'm not here to judge you but that is very dangerous. your surviving on 200-300 calories per day.

10. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I was just about to say the same - 300 calories is nowhere near enough calories. Occasionally I go under 1000, but that i only very occasionally.

11. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    thanks for your advice but i wont let it go too far :)

12. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I honestly don't think you should even have one day on that low cals - unless you are ill! Your body will not lose weight, and it may even start to put on weight. Calorie counting is a great way to eat sensibly, with the right amount of calories your body needs.

13. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi and Welcome! :D
    Don't worry your posting in the right spot if your calorie counting. I have to second tam & sarahs warning though, those calories are way to low even for a low calorie diet like CD. Are you eating so little because your medication is putting you off food? Also if you don't mind me asking what is your current weight? Hope you don't mind me being nosey, not trying to judge just help you out on your weight loss journey:).

14. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Sorry just saw your reply to tam and sarah, I have to agree again with sarah. Doing that to your body for two days is already going to far.

15. Rigby

Rigby Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Hello :) You might want to do a google search for a calculator to work out your 'basal metabolic rate' or 'BMR'- that tells you how many calories your body needs to function on a daily basis, just for everyday functions and not including any exercise you may be doing. You'll see that it's an awful lot more than what your current diet is providing you with! Now, if you want to lose weight then you do need to eat fewer calories than your BMR tells you, but reducing your calories by 500 a day is still the equivalent of 1lb a week in fat :) It's a lot healthier to do things that way and will be easier to stick to over the long term too. Best of luck to you :)

16. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    should i cancel this record of what im doing, theres some strong opinions :)

17. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    The opinions are only meant in a nice way, please understand that, we are not trying to be harsh! But if you continue eating that few calories your body will not cope. Maybe if you are unsure as to how many calories to use, then visit your doctor, and see what they say?

18. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    sorry hun, maybe i shoud'nt have said anything in the 1st place but i was genuinly concerned, i no i would have been staving living on that little amount of calories, even my brekkie has more than 200 cals lol, i would suggest you up your cals to even 800-1000 and you will still lose lots, because if you carry on with this you will eventually start to gain weight again.
    x

19. _red_

_red_ Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    thanks for your opinions i jst cant seem to stop :S my post for yesterday would have been:

sooo i didnt post yesterday for one reason or another but here is yesterdays menu:

1 weetabix, 2 rice crackers, half a tablespoon of philly,half a wrap, some salad and it totalled 300 calories. yipee

be back later to record todays total, so far, so good ...

and since sunday ive lost half a stone, im very overweight so i wont be starved for a while im sure

20. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    wow half a stone in 3 days! i've never heard anything like it before.

goodluck with the rest of your day x

21. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Sorry, hope I wasn't coming across to strong just trying to give some friendly advice:). Anyway defo don't stop recording because of a few peoples input as I'm sure everyone is just trying to help. Also congrats on losing that much in three days :eek: but I still think maybe you should up the daily cals...even when your big your body still needs a certain amount of cals to keep on doing what it does, you might not be starved but your body will be starved of the nutrients it needs (to maintain good bone mass, skin, hair ect) but if you want to keep on going as you are try and inform your doctor. Anyway that is the last time I'll mention anything about your cals...guess I am a bit opinionated ;) LOL! Good Luck Red!:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.