Extra Easy Setting a target weight

Vahevala

I am still newish to SW (on it two weeks). Noone has really mentioned how to set a target weight. I will talk to my consultant about it when I go next week.

I am 5"4 (female), what weight should I be aiming for as a final target weight, I originally was thinking of 10 stone but maybe it should be 9 stone or so.

Any ideas?

I just quickly Googled it and you'd be at the top of your healthy weight range at 10st 6lb (at 10st your BMI would be 24) so maybe put that as your initial target and see how you feel when you get there. x

Have a look on the SW website as there is a section on setting your target weight :)

I'm 5'2, and the top end of my healthy BMI range would be at the top of 9 stone so I'm aiming for 9 stone, even though I'm a long way off that!

I'm 27, F and 5"4 and apparently my healthy weight should be 9st 3 - 10st 5lb. Your stats are almost the same as mine, height, start weight etc. I'm setting myself an initial target of 14st 4lb which would get me to my club 10 (10% of your start weight lost) - yours would be the same as mine; 14st 4. Then set yourself 20% (12st 8lb I believe) and so on. Taking smaller mile stones is a lot easier than just setting one final goal. I'm aiming to get to 11st and seeing how I feel after that, it's all down to what you want :)

Good luck, love!

I would set it half way between the lowest and the highest you can go, if you reach a weight you like that isn't your target you can always tell your consultant and change it. xXx

I think setting your target is down to how you feel, I originally set for 10 st but I've got in to a size 12, I feel comfortable and I'm more than happy with the way I look so I've called target.
I think if you set yourself smaller targets and then decide when you feel happy, remember it doesn't matter what other people think it's you who matters. I know I'm over my recommend BMI but I'm healthy, active and until it becomes a problem and they tell I have to lose more I'm sticking here.
You don't need to decide straight away, you'll know when you're happy, good luck x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've set mine at the top end of the healthy bmi for my height. I'm hoping I will be a size 14. When I reach target that will be almost 6.5 stone off and that's enough for me!
There's plenty of time to lower that target in future, I'm planning to carry on attending group as a target member as I know maintaining is hard and I don't want to ever put all that weight back on. Never.
Totally agree with Barbette, you'll know when you're happy. I already know I'm nearly there :) The lower end of a healthy bmi for my height is 9 stone 2lbs, to me that just seems almost ridiculous!! I spent so long being overweight, to be so small just isn't me at all!

I'm 27, F and 5"4 and apparently my healthy weight should be 9st 3 - 10st 5lb. Your stats are almost the same as mine, height, start weight etc. I'm setting myself an initial target of 14st 4lb which would get me to my club 10 (10% of your start weight lost) - yours would be the same as mine; 14st 4. Then set yourself 20% (12st 8lb I believe) and so on. Taking smaller mile stones is a lot easier than just setting one final goal. I'm aiming to get to 11st and seeing how I feel after that, it's all down to what you want :)

Good luck, love!

Thank you!

I am aiming for 10 stone as a final one and seeing how I feel when I get there! At the moment, I am focusing on week to week :)

I joined yesterday and set my target at 10st. The lightest in my bmi range is 9st 9lb (I'm 5ft 9ins). That is just under 4 stone lighter. It seems to unattainable.

I do have a target weight but I think of my target as half stone increments. Every time I get a new award, that's a new target reached for me. Looking at it in smaller parts makes it a lot easier for me anyway. You could try doing that :)

Back