Setting myself a 100 day challenge - anyone like to join me?

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
I decided about 3 weeks ago that I really need to do something once and for all about losing weight, realisation setting in that I'm not getting any younger (soon to be 44) and that if I keep ignoring my weight then I'll still have done nothing but will be 54 or 64 and to be honest that's if I'm lucky...worse case was death - always a possibility :confused:

So I did about 3 weeks of really healthy eating and I completely stuck to it which to be honest is almost unheard of for me - I'm usually great at abstinence but am generally not good at limiting what I'm eating. I then decided last weekend that I might as well use the Exante foods that I have and haven't used, so as of last Wednesday I'm now back on it.

I've worked out that doing 100 days takes me to mid November which is perfect for a losing boost before Christmas.....and if I can extend it for a few extra weeks then all the better - if anyone would like to join me on this then please do (either just packs or add a meal, any plan that suits) ------ that few stone off for Christmas could be just fab :D

Hi x-Katie-x . Ive been on Exante for 2 days now and am looking to still be on it until November so i would love to join you in the challenge :)

Hi Gilly

Welcome aboard! Well I'm now on day 6 and all is going well so far, I know that I'm not drinking enough water so I need to work on that one.

Is this your first time on a vlcd / exante?

Hi Gilly

Yes course you can, the more the merrier - how are you finding it so far?

Day 6 - 94 to go.......

I'm well in the zone, just not drinking enough.. finding that harder than the lack of food lol. I did Cambridge diet for 4 months a few years back for my wedding but here I am at square one again.. lesson learnt!!
How are you finding it?

Just finished Day 3..and im the same,not drinking nearly enough water.I've now filled 2 empty coke zero bottles with water and put them in the fridge..hoping to get through them every day as a minimum.Doing..ok.Did feel sick a few times today but battled through.Took my mind of it this evening by playing monopoloy with my son..I lost.LOL..Here's to the next 97 days!

That's a good idea filling the bottles like that - hope it works and you drink more. I've got no excuse really as in work we have one of those water coolers that are plumbed in to the pipes. I have drank more today than usual but still need to drink more so need to get to it.

Im finding it ok up to now, my prob is that I'm great and doing this but when I lose it I fail big time - I'm really hoping that this change in sensibility will stick.

Im going on holiday to Cuba on 19th December and I'm really hoping to have had a good loss by then - would love to be in the 14's, that would be brilliant..

I have one day planned where I will need to eat, there is a works meal out which is partly planned to welcome me to my new job so I can't not go - it was meant to be on 31st August but has now been out back a couple of weeks which I'm glad about - I'm going to do a low carb food choice and look at that day as my add a meal week.

Keep with it ladies, we're all doing fab :D

Day 7 - 93 to go........

I've tweaked this diet a bit..I am still having an Exante shake for breakfast,their bar for lunch..but i have bought some Slim and Save meals to have for tea. I could not face the soups and i like the thought of having a "meal" whilst still staying way within my calorie and carb limit.
Onwards and upwards ladies :)

Hi Gilly if it works for you and you're getting enough vitamins etc then you'll be fine. I don't do the three meal thing as I have all of my packs in the evening, I have a soup between 5 and 6 then at about 8:30 I have either a hot chocolate and the choc orange bar or a hot coffee made with the vanilla shake and the fruit bar. I'm very boring in what/how I have the packs but it works for me so I'll keep on. All still going well and am enjoying it so far.

Day 8 - 92 to go...........

Another day complete, have definitely been better with the water today so that's a bonus. I can see a difference in my face when I look in the mirror, it's definitely looking a bit slimmer now. I had my photo taken with my sons girlfriend in the middle of July and when she looked at it before she commented on it too so that's good. Will have to get a photo taken and I'll put them up and see if anyone else can notice.

Hubby is off work for 4 days from tomorrow so will try and get the willpower to get out for a walk/bike ride.....though not promising!

Day 9 done - 91 to go.........

Quick quick post - Weigh day and I'm in the 17's - hurrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyy:D

Gilly that's fab, well done you :party0019:..........onwards & downwards we go x

Well I'm now sat on the seats outside McDonalds while my hubby and granddaughter are having their lunch......and I've got a black coffee. I'm not tempted to pinch anything they are eating but I was 95% tempted to say to him for us to go have lunch in a pub and then I'd have something -- but I didn't so I have to be proud of myself for that.....don't feel it yet but I might do later lol.

Right I'm off to visit the clothes websites and look at all the lovely things I'll one day wear if I keep avoiding temptations ;-)

Just wanted to say well done so far and good luck. I'm doing a 70day/10 week challange from around the 23rd (depending on when my stuff arrives) so timings not right to join this one but let's hope we're all looking slinkier by November -x-

Am officially freezing - oh the joys of ketosis having feet like chunks of ice brrrrrr.

Kat feel free to join us, there's no hard set date that anyone needs to be around - realistically my plan is to hopefully doing this through to mid December when I go on holiday but I initially called it 100 days to kid myself I think. With the amount I need to lose I could carry on and do another 100 days after the New Year but I'm not thinking about that yet.

Been having a few more head fights the last day or so but I know it's cos hubby is on his 4 days off work so my mind is automatically thinking of all the things we could be doing but lovely as that would be I know that that won't help. It'll be easier after tomorrow as I'll be back in work and hubby is working next weekend so that will help then.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend and if you find the sun will you please send it my way :rolleyes:

Aww, bless ya. I remember that cold feeling from CD a few years ago, better than sweating it out in this weather like everyone else ha ha. Well done you for sticking with it, it's fab that you're recognising your triggers. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes buy. I agree though, as awful as it sound this diet IS easier to do alone, especially in the first couple of weeks. British social activities seem to revolve around food and booze lol. I'll be taking a TESCO Ultraslim bar to the zoo next weekend as everyone tucks into a picnic, will be worth it!

Another day complete - 12 down 88 to go....... ;)

Back