Setting myself a silly target!

Jennyonaplate

Gold Member
I've just decided that once i've lost another 1.5 stone i'm going to get back out there dating and take every opportunity i can find!

It might sound like a silly target but I would rather meet new people when i'm comfortable in myself. I am perfectly happy single, but last year I had a blast going on a string of dates, most horrendously funny, but nonetheless I had a lot of fun and I made some very good friends.

So I just thought I would write the target down somewhere so it becomes real!

jen i used to think that. i spent years alone, saying to myself "when i'm thinner i'll try and find a bloke" - then one day i thought sod this i need a man!

so i found myself one, who's biggest girlfriend before me was a size 12! i'm a size 24!!! he's not into big women, which is good as i wasn't looking for a feeder! but he loves big bums...so i just wield that at him! lol

just get out there and have fun... when it comes down to it men really don't care what size you are.

Thats a cool target. In a way I wish Id had the confidence to go on lots of dates - not in a slaggish way!! But just to have met new people and stuff. But I didn't have the confidence (And people prob wouldn't have wanted to take me out on dates anyway) Anyhoos Im settled now and madly in love with my OH so it wasn't to be xxx

Good idea JOAP, get yourself a 1.5 stone ticker, and watch yourself get closer to that time, it won't be long you know!

jen i used to think that. i spent years alone, quote]

Mod-Karen, You and Rainbow don't half make me laugh, you are probably both only 20 nothing! Rainbow of course people would have wanted to take you out, the both of you are beautiful people, and I am glad you have both found lovely partners:)

I know I should get out there now, but I'm really not happy with the way I am at the moment, so I wouldn't expect someone else to be happy with me either! The 1.5 stone target takes me to a weight where i'm happy with myself, even though i'll still have a long way to go.

On a more practical note - at the moment I can't fit in most of my clothes and i'm not buying any new clothes as I have a wardrobe full of clothes that are that bit too snug right now, so i'd hardly make a go impression anyway!

jen i used to think that. i spent years alone, quote]

Mod-Karen, You and Rainbow don't half make me laugh, you are probably both only 20 nothing! Rainbow of course people would have wanted to take you out, the both of you are beautiful people, and I am glad you have both found lovely partners:)

i didn't have a boyfriend until i was 27! most girls have been around the block a few times by that age and had a few courses of antibiotics...if you know what i mean!

i could flirt with anyone i didn't fancy... but if i liked someone i'd go quiet.

I'm 27 and i've never had a proper boyfriend. I've just not met anyone I like enough, well not anyone I like enough who's also single!! I'm very independent so it really doesn't bother me too much, but I was chatting to a friend about all the funny dates I had last year and thought it would be good fun to do it again!

I would rather be 27 and no antibiotics, I know what you mean about flirting with the one's you don't fancy, it is so much easier. lol

Joap, you are still a baby! and there is plenty of time for you hun, and there's nothing like having a bit of fun, life tends to pass us by all to quickly otherwise.

Joap, you are still a baby! and there is plenty of time for you hun, and there's nothing like having a bit of fun, life tends to pass us by all to quickly otherwise.

I'm not looking to settle down - only to have some fun meeting new people!!! I live in the arse end of nowhere so meeting new people takes some form of effort that's all! I've never found I need a man or have been missing anything in my life - that's definately not the reason I set the little target!

Can't wait to hear your dating tales!

I was bored & skint one summer a few years back so my friend challenged me to take up online dating. I went on 7 dates with 7 different men in 7 days to the same place! Very entertaining! Maybe you could do 10, or 14 even?!

Jen, your targets are good ones. I agree that you should get yourself a 'dating ticker' so we can all watch out for when you are going to launch onto the market!

I met Mr Taz when I was at my biggest and he never once complained about my size. If ever I moaned about it he'd say it didn't bother him but if I wasn't happy I should do something about it. He is a lot happier now I've lost some of the weight but I think that's more because I am so much happier now

I weighed 23stone when I met my husband. I'd been with him for about 6 months when I started WW and he really supported me, although he never told me to lose weight or anything like that, he just knew it was something I needed to do for myself. I think that because I was so comfortable with him, and in all the other areas of my life I felt ready at that time to tackle my weight problem. Because of his support I got married last Septamber in a size 14 dress, not bad considering at my heaviest I was a 32!

Anyway, I'm back upp to an 18 now, hence why I'm giving SW a try! Although my husband reckons he can't see any difference!

I think I went on about 7 dates last year - only 2 went well, and i'm still friends with those two now, but the others were hysterically bad!

I'll sort the ticker out later!

Jenny I have been on some WEIRD first dates.

Barry - Poor wee pet cried cause he missed his ex
John - told me he was a swinger and enjoyed 3 somes with men
Peter - he looked like a serial killer
Mal - Told me he hated sex

Best one was Bruce, yes thats his real name. He looked great in his pic, but I forgot to check what height he was. He came up to my boobs, he was 4ft6.

Yeah it was funny, most of my dates only last 15 mins and then im away home lol

Back