Setting Personal Goals

In London you are never more than 10m away from a rat and now I am never more than 5lb away from my next goal. I am trying to focus on just meeting the next one. One at a time - bang bang bang. All of them doable. Some of them are events - some just nice round numbers and some are very personal and important to me even though some of them show that I am just NOT A VERY NICE PERSON. - see P for example.

I am nearly nearly half way there, I have 7 weeks worth of mealpacks in my kitchen, which will take me up to 21 December and should mean a weight loss of between 14 and 21lb according to conventional wisdom. And that gets me to within ballpark of all of the goals below. All of which I have been before in the last 2 years.

I got to G yesterday. And this is a really really big deal for me. I went from size 14 to size 16 after being diagnosed with breast cancer. A lot of comfort eating immediately after diagnosis, and then a lot of bland carbs during chemo nausea plus not moving around very much plus more comfort eating when I wasn't nauseous. So when I got well enough to leave home regularly for things other than hospital appointments I needed more clothes than the tracksuits/pyjamas I had been slobbing around in. I bought just enough to stay decent. 4 pairs of Primark summer trousers, 2 post surgery bras from M&S, some tee shirts and a fleece that I could do up. The trousers and bras are too big and are going to Oxfam; the tops are still wearable. I neither like nor hate the clothes. They did their job, for which I thank them; they are lightly worn so I hope some other woman will want them. They are gone from my life, like the fat they covered. And this weekend I am bringing the 14s out of storage, washing and ironing them and filling up my wardrobe with clothes I remember liking the first time round. I'm not going to buy anything new at this size (except a supportive bra) - I have enough to get me through to size 12. And it all reminds me of a time when I was not sick.

A: weight in the 150s :)
B: 10lb lost (157lb) :)
C: 1/4 of the way there (156.5 lb) :)
D: 1 st lost (153lb) :D
E: weight in the 140s :)
F: 20lb lost (147lb) :)
G: size 16s to Oxfam :D
H: BMI < 25 (146 lb)
I: 1/2 of the way there (146 lb)
J: 141.2 lb - Aug 2012
K: weight in the 130s
L: 2 st lost (139 lb)
M: 30lb lost (137 lb)
N: Size 14s to Oxfam
O: 3/4 of the way there (135.5lb)
P: BMI < 22.5 so yah boo sucks to you LCN. (131 lb)
Q: weight in the 120s
R: 40lb lost(127 lb)
S: Size 12s to Oxfam
T: 3 st lost (125 lb)
U: 125 lb - Sept 2010 ("wow you look amazing")

Back