Setting realistic goals

mrs.w

I am setting myself 1 year to lose the weight I want to lose - just over 5.5 stone. It will still leave me overweight but I am trying to be realistic! Do you think this is possible for an average person or would you have to be super super good to make this loss?

mrs.w said:
I am setting myself 1 year to lose the weight I want to lose - just over 5.5 stone. It will still leave me overweight but I am trying to be realistic! Do you think this is possible for an average person or would you have to be super super good to make this loss?

It's achievable as it works out as jut less than 1.5lbs a weeks. But you have to remember that some times life will get in the way, will you beat your self up if you don't achieve it-maybe set a smaller target with a lesser time scale, that you could reach sooner, and then take it from there? As when you hit the first one, it should spur you on from there-if that makes sense? Just offering a suggestion HTH

Yes I personally would not set a target date, it will happen when it happens. For me had I done that it would have put too much pressure on myself but we are all different I suppose. Youre the same height as me by the way! Just keep on going and you will get there, and that loss is totally possible. One man in our group is coming up to his 8st award! So with S W it certainly is possible. Please keep posting so we can see your progress and help and support you as best we can, we are all here to help. And you no doubt will be able to help others. Well done on starting a fab weight loss plan :)

Franalamadingdong said:
I'm a normal person and have lost 4st 4.5lbs in 45 weeks with a similar starting bmi. It is doable.

Wow this is amazing! Well done

I'm sure it's perfectly possible!

It took me 54 weeks to lose 4stone, but I lost the first 3 in 4 months - I had grand aims, but a lot of my circumstances changed in very quick succession in April and ever since then I've been trying to get back into plan committed. I can't speak for what you can achieve, but I know setting time-based goals doesn't work for me personally. My aim now is a loss week on week, and just sticking to the plan, I have bigger targets and things I want to hit... but I think for me focussing on getting that 1lb / 2lb off each week is enough.

I lost 2 and a half stone between january and may, then i messed around for a few months, finally managed to get my 3 and a half stone award end of last month and am hoping to get my 4st award in the next couple of weeks now that i am mega focused again!

I would break it up into 7lb losses, like the stickers, and see how it goes, life gets in the way sometimes so best not to aim too high, but to have little targets in mind, hope this helps, good luck :) xxx

Thanks everyone - some good advice. I always like to think big but agree that I don't want to set myself up for failure. One week at a time :eek:

Back