• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Setting Up A Weight-Loss Ticker!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st3.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 1st12.5lb(10.43%)
First, the steps on setting up any ticker on http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php is the same as this, the only difference is the information you provide at the end.

So, on with setting up the ticker!

Step1: Go to http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php and click "weight"

Step2: Choose a ticker ruler, basically a background for your ticker. I choose the hearts one. Then click next after you have made a decision. You can see the other tickers they have by clicking 1-15 for a greater selection.

Step3: Now you have to choose a marker, just as you chose the ruler in the previous step. Again you can see more markers by clicking on the numbers at the bottom.

Step4: Now you need to fill out your information, nothing too hard, just some info about your current weight, your goal weight, start weight etc. Don't forget day, month and year as this will show you your graph.

Step5: This page shows you a preview of your ticker, you can modify the ticker if you don't like anything and just repeat the steps above. More importantly is the box below, with some weird looking text.

Step6: This code you need to put into your signature, make sure its the BB Code and not anything else as the BB Code is the only one that will work. To copy the text, this is the simplest and best way. Simply right click inside the box, a menu as shown below will appear. Click "Select All".

Step7: Now, the text is selected you need to copy it. Again right click in the box (the text should remain highlighted like below). Then click "copy".

Step8: Now go to MiniMins.com (www.minimins.com) you need to put this text into your signature. Click Your own username profile, which in the blue bar at the top on the far right. Then you will see a menu on the left side of the screen under the blue bar. Click "Signature" You should see something similar to below. Right click in the box and a menu will appear. Click Paste.

Step9: You should see the code in the box as in the picture below. Be sure to click Save Signature.

Step10: After you click Save Signature, you will be brought back to your Username profile, click edit signature and you will be able to see a preview of your signature as seen in the picture below.

If you have done some posts before setting up your signature for the first time they will NOT show your ticker. However all new posts from the moment you setup your ticker you will see your signature under your post.

*When you later on up date your ticker please remember it will take a few hours to show the update in your signature.

About midnight or so. The reason for it is that not all services have the secure padlock like us, so to prevent any scary warnings about insecure content we cache that content and serve it from our servers to you.

Hope that explains it.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 18st8lb C: 11st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 6st11lb(36.54%)
I have followed these steps and it works fine, shows in the preview and says it has saved but then when I go back to it, it has disappeared?

Can't figure out where I am going wrong... Any ideas that might help?

Thanks x

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
I will get Pierce to have a look as I have no idea why that is...

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
S: 82.55kg C: 80.29kg G: 69.85kg BMI: 24 Loss: 2.3kg(2.75%)
Hi,

I just had a look and it doesn't look like your saving anything. The only thing that did save was some sort of Font. I've stuck in TEST for you and it comes up under your post now.

When you hit preview do you see your ticker? If so, you should only need to click save :)

Pierce

S: 13st4.0lb C: 13st4.0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I'm having the same problem - Copying and pasting the BB code and saving it and not getting the ticker showing in the preview or when i post anything on here ?

The only way i can get my ticker to show on my posts is to actually copy the code at the bottom of my posts, it won't show otherwise...

Last edited:

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
S: 82.55kg C: 80.29kg G: 69.85kg BMI: 24 Loss: 2.3kg(2.75%)
catwoman.png

Hi, just having a look at the logs and it looks like you are copying/pasting the HTML and not the BBCode...

You can see "Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group" showing up in your signature.

Pierce

I've tried all the codes and none of them worked.

I've just designed another ticker from another site to give that a go.
See if that one works.....

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
I can see your ticker in your post in the Introduction forum.

The only way i could do it was to paste the code at the end of my posting myself.
Nothing else is working.

I've now done a new ticker on the TickerFactory - pasted the BB code - previewed it - saved it - and its still not showing up at the end of my postings.

All i can do is to keep pasting it myself at the end of every posting which will get very tiresome indeed. :(

S: 18st8lb C: 11st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 6st11lb(36.54%)
Mine still won't work... if I just type a word it will save - but if I copy and paste the BB Code, it says it has saved, but it doesn't.

Help!

The code I'm trying to paste is :

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
I see it in the post above

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Delighted it is sorted:)

Thank you Pierce:)