Seven Stone By Christmas

DollyBeth

Hit an all-new low in the diet this week so I am going to start a diary to try and keep me on track. Next week I will have been on the diet for three months, and I have lost nearly four stone. But it could have been so much more if I had stuck to the bloody thing. Before I started someone told me that if you don't stick to CWP 100% you might as well open a window and throw your money out of it, and so far I haven't felt that was strictly true as even on bad weeks I have still managed to lose 2-4 lbs. The past 2 weeks have been a disaster with my terrible willpower and binge-eating. My consultant went on holiday and I saw it as a holiday for me too. Now I have spent £82 on products in 2 weeks, countless money on food I shouldn't of had, and only lost half a pound. I feel depressed about it all, but I am going to use this depressed feeling to remind me of how bad it feels to cheat and fail, so that I can stick to it.

My goal has always been to lose seven stone by Christmas 2012, and then the final three stone in the new year (realistically by the end of March). If I get back on track now, it is doable. I just need to find the strength and willpower, and the support of the lovely people on MiniMins and Twitter. If you want to be on a team let me know as I need all the bloody help I can get!

Oh my days Dolly we are in exactly the same boat. I'm coming to the end of week 11 and lost a similar amount of weight. I'm currently 16st14 and need to get down to 11st, when I started I was 20st5lbs. This last week has been so hard and up until now I feel like I have been nailing this diet and the results showed that.

I suspect it's all down to my Coke Zero habit that I have developed in the last 2 weeks plus a little self destruct button in my head. I seem to be able to shift 4 stone on diets and then fall off the wagon thinking I'm ok size wise and can live with being a size 18-20 because I can carry it off. I need to stop thinking like this because it is not ok and I'm still obese!

I am totally here for you, we can follow our journeys together and nail this weight loss :) wishing you all the luck in the world xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Christy, great to hear from you! You're right, we practically started at same time, and similar weights and heights. Well done for losing the weight so far! And hopefully we can help each other out. I wish my self-destruct over the past two weeks had just been Coke Zero!! My consultant said at least I didn't put on weight, and I suppose that is something. But I'm still mighty annoyed with myself. I want to turn over a new leaf, but something has changed - I started off so strict on this diet, and now I think its okay to cheat here and there. And I still have that feeling!! I need a huge kick up the arse and to get back into it properly. Going to go on a long walk tomorrow (weather permitting) and hope it will make me feel really good. If its pouring with rain I'll do a workout DVD instead..... I'm the same as you, I always get to 3/4 stone on a diet and then it all turns to poo! I feel great for having lost the weight so far and my friends and family can really tell the difference. But to everyone else who sees me I'm still a massive fat person! So I mustn't get cocky! Are you doing a diary on here?

I think you just hit the nail on the head - I think my downfall has been getting cocky and believing the compliments when people say "hey you are looking great!!" - yes I am sure I do look a hell of a lot better than I did 3 months ago, but I have not even reached the half way point yet and it is important not to let the compliments talk us round into thinking it is ok to be the size we are.

We both can do this, we have already come a long way and to stick to CDC for 3 months is no small task so I think yes we deserve to pat ourselves on the back but we need to get back on track, stop the cheats and get the focus and drive back.

Yes I have a diary - I have kept it since day 1 and when I read the first couple of posts it reminds me just how far I have come. I think a diary is essential to losing a large amount of weight if I am honest. I post every day so I am always here if you need a bit of support and a kick up the ass :)

My diary is http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/286600-ill-prove-i-can-do.html

Congrats on your weight loss so far, I am 100% sure you will get to your goal :D xxx

Last edited:
Christy I will definitely have a look at your diary. I wish I had kept one since the start. I am going to try and check in everyday with my diary and team, and it will just help keep me on the straight and narrow. Today was another fail, I haven't eaten loads but I am definitely not in ketosis and haven't been for a while. I am staying indoors tomorrow away form temptation, and getting myself back into ketosis and a good head space. Okay, I know I will need longer than 24 hours for both things.....

Today was a bit ridiculous. I almost bought some popcorn in Waitrose, but right before I got to the till I thought no, I don't need this and walked out (without the popcorn, I wouldn't be able to run fast enough from the security guard). Then an hour later I get off my bus and head straight into the shop near my home and buy some chocolate. Now its 7.30pm and I am starving because I have only had one and a half CWP products and a bar of chocolate. Not enough for anyone, but I feel like having the rest of my products is a waste of money now. I feel stupid and weak again, and telling myself tomorrow will be different. I honestly don't know why I went from being so strict to being so lame, I only hope that I will look back at this diary in two months' time and my slimmer wiser future self will laugh at this phase.

Today was a bit ridiculous. I almost bought some popcorn in Waitrose, but right before I got to the till I thought no, I don't need this and walked out (without the popcorn, I wouldn't be able to run fast enough from the security guard). Then an hour later I get off my bus and head straight into the shop near my home and buy some chocolate. Now its 7.30pm and I am starving because I have only had one and a half CWP products and a bar of chocolate. Not enough for anyone, but I feel like having the rest of my products is a waste of money now. I feel stupid and weak again, and telling myself tomorrow will be different. I honestly don't know why I went from being so strict to being so lame, I only hope that I will look back at this diary in two months' time and my slimmer wiser future self will laugh at this phase.

Dollybeth

You have done totally amazing to get this far.. :)
Its is hard to keep going but just keep remaining yourself that you want to be thin!!
I keep telling myself I dont want to have another fat Christmas, I haven't been to a Xmas party in 3 years as I've been so disgusted with myself
I will go this year no matter what size I'll be because I will be thinner than what I have been. I too want to get 3 stone off for xmas to get me to the half way point

Come We can do it!!

Thanks Jules. Well done on your loss so far! I know, I need to focus on what I WANT rather than what I can't do in terms of willpower. Already I am feeling bloated and uncomfortable again, and I don't want that feeling back on a permanent basis. I am going to think about Xmas parties in much smaller clothes! We can get those 3 stones off before Santa gets here! (The fact that he is fictional should not be an excuse for diet slacking).

Today the first thing I thought about was food! I'm well and truly out of ketosis, so it is going to be a tough weekend getting back into it. I will give it my best though! My mum has decided to do CWP as well and starts on Saturday. We have decided to see a film together in the afternoon, and I know she will be all fired up about starting whereas I will be thinking about cinema snacks...So its a GOOD thing she is doing it too! Her consultant has told her she can lose 4 stone by Xmas, and I'm hoping for 7 stone - so we can both focus on this and support each other. And get ultra competitive about it too ha ha!

Ate crumpets this evening, so it still wasn't a 100% SS day. Feeling very hungry despite loads of water, so it just goes to show how far from ketosis I am. Glad I stopped at crumpets and didn't eat anything else, and I am actually glad to have a sore throat which is getting worse and worse. Makes me not want any food! Going to push for 100% SS tomorrow and all weekend and get back into ketosis as soon as I can. Feels much better to end the day feeling hungry and positive, then feeling bloated and guilty as I have done the past couple of weeks.

Hello lovely!! Right so yesterday whilst it wasn't a 100% day was a lot better than previous days so this is progress :) sorry you're feeling yucky which is a pain when it's the weekend!

Like you say today is a new day. Why don't you make up a chart and draw it up to your next target and stick it on the cupboard where most of the food you can't eat lives? Or stick a photo of a slimmer u, or a dress u'd really like to wear around the kitchen to remind you why your doing this? May help with focus. My chart really helps me and I love crossing off the pounds and seeing how far I've come.

Sending lots of good luck vibes u'r way for a 100% day today missy xxxxx

Ps great news that u'r mum is starting CDC soon, it's bound to help!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Christy, these are good tips! I love looking at my CWP booklet to see how far I have come, but maybe having a tally chart or something of pound loss will really help. Thanks for the good vibes yesterday - they obvs worked as I had a full 100% day!

So, yesterday was a good day, thanks probably to my wretched cold and sore throat, but also a bit to my new found willpower. I went to the cinema with my mum in the afternoon and we were both really hungry but stuck to sparkling water. We also went for a very long walk. I feel a bit protective over my mum as it was her first day on SS, but she seems to be doing well. She lamented not being able to drink wine at the weekend, but she has seen how quickly I lost weight when I started and that is spurring her on. It is also making me feel pressure to stick to it because if I cheat and fail than she might think its not achievable for herself and give up too.

Today I have so much work to do, and would love to go for a walk as its such a nice day, and the shitey rain is coming back tomorrow. But I'll see how it goes. When you feel ill sometimes its just better to wrap up warm and drink lots of tea and water. Onwards and upwards!

Hi Dollybeth - you have done amazingly well so far - well done! It is really hard to restart this diet, I have had so many false starts etc etc...even if you have your blip try and still have your products as it will help a) to get back into the frame of mind and b) stop you from carrying on eating things you shouldnt. I often wonder that, if only I had carried on being strict with myself, I would have been at goal ages ago - however the past is the past and the present the present. You have done so well and you will continue to do so well...I like your signature - from The best exotic marigold hotel isnt it? hehe...

Thanks Christy, these are good tips! I love looking at my CWP booklet to see how far I have come, but maybe having a tally chart or something of pound loss will really help. Thanks for the good vibes yesterday - they obvs worked as I had a full 100% day!

So, yesterday was a good day, thanks probably to my wretched cold and sore throat, but also a bit to my new found willpower. I went to the cinema with my mum in the afternoon and we were both really hungry but stuck to sparkling water. We also went for a very long walk. I feel a bit protective over my mum as it was her first day on SS, but she seems to be doing well. She lamented not being able to drink wine at the weekend, but she has seen how quickly I lost weight when I started and that is spurring her on. It is also making me feel pressure to stick to it because if I cheat and fail than she might think its not achievable for herself and give up too.

Today I have so much work to do, and would love to go for a walk as its such a nice day, and the shitey rain is coming back tomorrow. But I'll see how it goes. When you feel ill sometimes its just better to wrap up warm and drink lots of tea and water. Onwards and upwards!

Well done you on not crumbling at the cinema!!!
Its great that you have your mum doing this with you, you can now be her mentor!!
When is your next WI?

Next weigh in is Wednesday and I would love love love to be in the 16's, but that would mean having to lose 6lbs in 4 days, and I don't think I can manage that lol! I will be happy with 3lbs this week. Jules, my mum so doesn't want me to be her mentor, she is annoyed that I keep reminding her to drink water ha ha! She also started drinking lemon tea even though I had told her she couldn't have lemon, and she told me she had stopped listening to me! Bloody cheek! (though she did throw away the rest of the tea).

Big girl thanks for your lovely words and advice about re-starting. Yeah, I've just got to focus on the here and now rather than what might have been. I actually got my signature quote from a friend who has it tattooed on her wrist. She had it done about 4 years ago and I loved it, I almost got it tattooed as well! Then I saw that Exotic Marigold movie and laughed when he says it. I told my friend and she said oh no, I don't want anyone thinking I got it from an old people film! She can't remember where she heard it from, but she says it wasn't a wise Indian person, so it might not actually be an Indian saying, then again maybe it is.....

Next weigh in is Wednesday and I would love love love to be in the 16's, but that would mean having to lose 6lbs in 4 days, and I don't think I can manage that lol! I will be happy with 3lbs this week. Jules, my mum so doesn't want me to be her mentor, she is annoyed that I keep reminding her to drink water ha ha! She also started drinking lemon tea even though I had told her she couldn't have lemon, and she told me she had stopped listening to me! Bloody cheek! (though she did throw away the rest of the tea).

Big girl thanks for your lovely words and advice about re-starting. Yeah, I've just got to focus on the here and now rather than what might have been. I actually got my signature quote from a friend who has it tattooed on her wrist. She had it done about 4 years ago and I loved it, I almost got it tattooed as well! Then I saw that Exotic Marigold movie and laughed when he says it. I told my friend and she said oh no, I don't want anyone thinking I got it from an old people film! She can't remember where she heard it from, but she says it wasn't a wise Indian person, so it might not actually be an Indian saying, then again maybe it is.....

I wouldnt say a definite no to 6lbs in 4 days on this plan - I have had a week in the past where I all of a sudden lost 7lbs!! Our bodies are funny and while the plan gives us the reassurance that we will lose weight on average a stone a month, how we do that is entirely up to our bodies!! :rolleyes: I hope I can get to where you are, I cant wait to be in the 17s again (never thought I would say that as 17s was once my heaviest!)..hehe it is made a very funny saying by the film though wherever it is from! :D

Had my weigh-in this morning and was fully expecting it to be 1 or 2lbs following a disastrous week. But it was 4.5lbs which was a great surprise, and takes me to the 4 stone total of weight loss. Yes, it could have been more by now if I hadn't had 2 weeks off, but who cares, this diet is supposed to be a stone a month, and its been 4 months for me now. So after my horrible weigh in last week where I realised I had lost half a pound in two weeks due to binge eating, it took me a while to get back in the swing of things. I carried on eating the day of my weigh-in, and the next day too. The third day I mostly stuck to it except for some crumpets, and then days 4 and 5 I was ultra strict and 100% SS. Started to think I was back in the swing of things, but then the next day willpower goes out the window and I ate. Not just a bit, but a goddam-lot, including junk food. I ended the day feeling bloated, guilty, unhappy and a total failure. It was only two days away from weigh-in, and I just thought I had thrown away any chance of a loss. I got back into SS the next day and was surprised to lose 4.5lbs today. But I must stay in SS now or the feasting could all catch up on me. Seeing a bigger loss on the scales was the boost I needed and I really want to be in the 16's next week.

It feels so much better to work hard all week by sticking to SS, and you feel like you're looking forward to your weigh-in and you deserve it all. Playing Russian Roulette with food and crossing your fingers on the scales is not such a good feeling, and as last week proved was very upsetting.

How you getting on Jellie?

Re-starting is HARD! For anyone thinking of starting this diet, or if you are a new starter - just try and stick to it! The odd slip won't mess things up, I'm talking about going AWOL from the diet for several days or longer. It's hard to get back into, so if you are tempted - just say no! Haven't had more than two days of SS-ing in a row in ages. Still managed to lose last week, but hoping it doesn't all catch up on me this week. I am really really going to try and SS until my weigh-in day on Wednesday. It will be worth it to see that I'm in the 16's! I don't weigh myself in between weigh-ins, but I did measure my waist this morning and its gone down an inch since last week. My face seems to be a bit thinner too, but that might just be wishful thinking!

Stay strong CWP-ers!

Genius that I am, I ate food yesterday - including bread and chocolate. Weigh-in is tomorrow so I will get what I deserve....

On the plus side, loads more energy and flexibility. Going to go for a 4-mile brisk walk today. There was a lady on Mail Online yesterday who lost 9 stone through CWP and said she started exercising after she finished the diet. Then some nice woman said in the comments section that if the dieter had worked out from the start of her diet her (slightly saggy) arms would look a lot better. People who don't do this diet don't know how hard it is to even stick to, let alone workout on. Having said that, there are many people on this forum who go to the gym AND manage to stick to it.

Back