Seven weeks in: I guess it's time to say hello!

CountryBumpkin

Silver Member
I was a little skeptical about registering, as I've been on this board before (several years ago, and for the life of me I can't remember username/email address/password/anything) and previously posted things like "Yes! I'm really going to do it now!" ... and, of course, two days later enthusiasm had waned and I reacquainted myself with the supermarket. So now that I have actually stuck to the diet for two months, I thought it might be safe to join the fun and talk to people going through this arduous process. As you can see by my ticker I'm doing well but I have significantly further to go than I have come, so it's difficult be too self-congratulatory!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know some folks. I will most likely be around for a very long time, so I'll be especially happy to meet some fellow long haulers, but really it's just nice to have anyone to talk to!

I was a little skeptical about registering, as I've been on this board before (several years ago, and for the life of me I can't remember username/email address/password/anything) and previously posted things like "Yes! I'm really going to do it now!" ... and, of course, two days later enthusiasm had waned and I reacquainted myself with the supermarket. So now that I have actually stuck to the diet for two months, I thought it might be safe to join the fun and talk to people going through this arduous process. As you can see by my ticker I'm doing well but I have significantly further to go than I have come, so it's difficult be too self-congratulatory!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know some folks. I will most likely be around for a very long time, so I'll be especially happy to meet some fellow long haulers, but really it's just nice to have anyone to talk to!
well done, u have done great so far. I have been on the plan for 15 weeks now myself. How are you finding the plan this time around xx

Well done that's really good sticking with it for 2 months. I find this forum really helps so hopefully you'll find you do to its just good to know there's others out there in the same boat x

God, that seems so far away. Week 3, Day 1, that's me. I can't imagine how i will look after seven weeks...pretty hot i'm hoping ;)
Well done for sticking with it, I hope you are feeling pretty proud of yourself. :happy096: You do have a long way to go, but look how far you've come already! It's one thing to start a diet, it's another to stick with it. Some people will never take care of their weight, through fear or laziness. So you should congratulate yourself, for sticking with it, and still having the will power and belief to carry on.

Heya im on week 7 day 3 so around the same as you how have u found it ??? I really struggled the weekend really bad for the first time since the first week but luckly found half a chicken breast gave me such a boost :) !! I seem to be in the swing of things now and dont think about eating the food even when preparing it for family I enjoy cooking so I dont feel excluded doing this each night I can even sit in fast food places and not eat :) its suprising what 1 can achieve when you set your mind to it well done so far

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Amanda, I think you, and anyone else who has to juggle this diet with cooking for their family, are absolutely amazing. I live alone, so there's nothing edible in my home except cat food and...well, given that I've been vegetarian all my life I'd have to be a in pretty sorry, stupid state to sink that low! The absence of food (coupled with the fact I live a fair distance from a supermarket) makes it much easier to circumnavigate the enemy! I've actually surprised myself with my ability to stick to the diet somehow. It's like I'm battling the bulge and my commitment issues in one fell swoop. :D

I'm finding inspiration through anything tagged "Fitspo" on Tumblr. I know thinspiration and fitso get a lot of bad press but I find the pictures of transformations from obese loungers like me, who use jogging bottoms on account of the fact they stretch and tie at the waist, to fit and healthy bodies which use jogging bottoms only when they're actually jogging. Does anyone else enjoy these types of sites or are you more inclined to believe that the images can be damaging and push people towards extremes?

I did reply to my own post but the message disappeared somewhere along the line! I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was akin to "thanks for the warm welcome; I'm finding the diet surprisingly easy this time around". I think it's because I'm in the right mental state now and clearly I wasn't before, even though I thought I was at the time.

Hi ! I also in for the long haul ! Finding this site invaluable evem though I am only on day two ! Its great to talk to others im yhe same boat amd also those who are further alomg the journeyreally inspires me !

How you gettin on just had my end of week 7 weighin another 3lbs gone.... for some reason I was wanting a big 5 or 6lbs as ive had a few 3 nd 4lbs but this is just my mind going overtime !!! Woke up to big ulcers in my mouth this morning :-( but im not feeling too bad otherwise I havent had a meal at all but have picked now and again on grilled chicken I know this wont affect me but want to stop the picking so this week im going for 100% and hoping I get my 4lb to reach 3stone sooo here goes good luck for this week

I wouldn't begrudge your three-pound losses, Amanda. I've had as low as 2lb and 2.5lb so I completely get it - and when you're pushing twenty-three stone like I was it feels as though the sacrifice isn't worth the pay off. It's heartbreaking but, as you rightly say in your signature, it adds up and things will pick back up. :) Shockingly I did manage to lose 6lb this week, but after three weeks of such teeny losses I think I was owed a big one. :) Good luck for your 100% week. I'm sure you can do it.

And Jen, welcome! It's really helpful to find people who are at your own end of the scale. Sometimes I see threads with people who have "only" two stone to lose chatting about how big they are and I feel too ashamed to join in. Weight issues are so complicated!

Back