severe constipation

hi all, i'm a newbie to this forum.....

i'm on day 12 of this LT diet, and has been getting severe constipation problem......from the beginning I've consumed fiber clear as per LT chemist, took the fiber twice daily, and drank loads of water up to 3L......in these 12 days, only once I've opened my bowels, sitting for nearly an hour on the toilet........felt as if i'm going to give birth to twins!

urgent advise needed.........help!

While fibre clear helps to 'bulk' it can also make you constipated. I would give it a miss for a few days, and tonight before you go to bed take dulcolax. I had the same problem during my first 2 weeks on Lipotrim, and once resolved I took half the amount of fibre clear each day, and dulcolax one a week. I hope you get some relief in the morning

Clair x

truly can't deny at how amazing LT is......having lost 13 pounds on week 1..........but seriously annoyed if there's no bowel output in days.......sorry if this topic disgusts anybody, just wanting to find a solution to my main problem........

will get dulcolax then.......this won't interfere with the ketosis process right?

I know how you feel timmycomel.. I'm on week 12 now and have been constipated pretty much the whole time. Have to take dulcolax twice a week or else i don't go at all. So annoying!

i suffered with this the last time, and this time im into day 5 and havent yet been so i think il be suffering with it this time 2 :0(

Yes it's not very nice at all. I have been ok so far a few episode where I thought I might need a pencil to work it out( sorry for being crude). Have taken that Ducolux before and found it gave me huge stomach cramps that continued until I emptied my bowles, very painful especially when your stools ar hard and dont contain much moisture to move them along! Sorry trying really hard to find a way of explaining it without comming across as gross. Has anyone else had this prob with Ducolux ? it's to harsh for me

the first time i used dulcolax was AWFUL. i had to go home from work ill cause i kept nearly passing out and it went from one extreme to the other. thought i was dying lol.
but i've been using it for about 5 weeks now as it's the only way i can 'go' and it's much less harsh these days

Yes it's not very nice at all. I have been ok so far a few episode where I thought I might need a pencil to work it out( sorry for being crude). Have taken that Ducolux before and found it gave me huge stomach cramps that continued until I emptied my bowles, very painful especially when your stools ar hard and dont contain much moisture to move them along! Sorry trying really hard to find a way of explaining it without comming across as gross. Has anyone else had this prob with Ducolux ? it's to harsh for me

Dulcoease is great for hydrating dry hard stools

Clair x

Hi, Im only on day 1 but Ive been on lipo before so I know all the side effects. Are you drinking the 4 litres of water a day. I know thats imperative. You could talk to your chemist. There is a solution to every side effect on this. Im trying to train my mind to cope with any side effect to this diet which will come but there is A SOLUTION to every one of them. So dont get disheartened and youre doing great to be on Day 12. Fair play, you'll solve the contipation problem, no worries. All the best xxx

timmycomel said:
hi all, i'm a newbie to this forum.....

i'm on day 12 of this LT diet, and has been getting severe constipation problem......from the beginning I've consumed fiber clear as per LT chemist, took the fiber twice daily, and drank loads of water up to 3L......in these 12 days, only once I've opened my bowels, sitting for nearly an hour on the toilet........felt as if i'm going to give birth to twins!

urgent advise needed.........help!

Mint Tea is excellent Before of after a shake, I used to make my mint tea and then add a tfr shake in processor and blitz hmmm fond memories

Oh and make sure you drink 2 to 3 litres of plain water a day as it really does help to flush your system aswell as providing your vitals with enough water to do it's job properly. As for Fibre Clear it does help but if your still having problems then go to your GP and ask if he/ she can give Laxido as that did help me a hell of a lot

Good Luck with your journey to a Healthier You x

candyloss said:
Hi, Im only on day 1 but Ive been on lipo before so I know all the side effects. Are you drinking the 4 litres of water a day. I know thats imperative. You could talk to your chemist. There is a solution to every side effect on this. Im trying to train my mind to cope with any side effect to this diet which will come but there is A SOLUTION to every one of them. So dont get disheartened and youre doing great to be on Day 12. Fair play, you'll solve the contipation problem, no worries. All the best xxx

I had checked with Lipotrim and GPs on water intake last year and they had told me that you should only be drinking 2-3litres a day.

If anyone is not sure of water intake then give Lipotrim Howard Group a call and they will ask some questions about yourself and take your details and tell you what you should and shouldn't be drinking and taking. They are ever so friendly, supportive and caring on a one to one level (even if you go through an episode of wanting to eat and are scared) so please give them a bell

thanks very much to all of u........i'm at ease now =P Dulcolax certainly did its magic, totally pain-free now.......will be dependant on them every now n then to have a complete flush out, felt much lighter straightaway..........didn't know why my bowels became so so lazy! i contribute this to sudden abrupt change in the diet.......maybe?!

muchas gracias to all of u........to a much healthier us! good luck all!

Hi timmycomel,

Have been taking Senna Comfort for the past few days, which has made it a bit easier.
I have been and bought some Dulcolax today, so fingers crossed that will work better.

How are you getting on xx

I've been having this problem, only I forgot to buy the fibre clear, I now "go" every 3/4 days or so. What does fibre clear actually do, is it a laxative? Thanks :) x

Back