SF on weekends

Carley86xx

Hi everyone :)

Does anyone find that they follow SF really well during the week, but then it all goes downhill
at the weekend? I find weekends really hard and just wondered if i'm the only one who struggles with this problem? Xx

Only just started on SF this week so can't really comment on personal experience, but I presume it would be harder. Routines change and people seem to squish loads of things they need to do in at the weekend. We never have breakfast, dinner or tea at the same time 2 days in a row at weekends and with family commitments and kids classes which don't help either, we never stop ! Hope I am not too tempted this weekend and I get through things well. Good luck to you too :)

I can see where it would be tough. With any diet really lol. Occupy your time so any bad food cravings don't bother you too much. And force yourself not to give in. Like literally talk to yourself if you have to!

I struggled yesterday. I started sf on Tuesday and was off work randomly yesterday. A whole day next to a kitchen filled with food!! I think I have an issue with pizza as I was craving it soooooo badly all day. Came close to giving in but didn't. Kept telling myself no and remembering why I want to lose weight. Occupied my time by going for a walk or sitting at the piano. And even though it was a tough day I pretty much stuck to plan!

I think we just need to force ourselves to keep it up and over time it'll get easier and easier

Weekends are OK for me. I work full-time, 40+ hours a week, so my weekends are filled with cleaning, laundry, shopping and all the other things I don't get time to do Monday-Friday. As long as I am busy I don't really think about food to much.

Boredom is my biggest enemy - I just stuff my face when I have nothing doing. A prime example was last week when I went to a meeting in London and had a pre-booked train ticket home. I was stuck on Paddington station for over two hours with nothing to do but wait for the train I was booked on and eventually succumbed to a BK whopper, despite the fact that I was more bored than hungry and had already had my shake. I tried reading, but there was nowhere comfortable to sit (those metal waiting room chairs are bloody hard on the backside after a while!), I wandered round the station for a while but soon got sick of being battered and bruised by RUDE folks making their way to their trains with nary a thought for anyone else, I even went out of the station for a look round but there's nowt around Paddington but food shops :eek: so in the end I wandered over to the outlet and bought a burger. Felt ghastly guilty afterwards, but it was already done!

Sooooo - I eventually got home at 9.15pm, put on my trainers and went for a 3 mile run up and down the Welsh hills with my dog to get rid of it - that was my punishment for falling off the wagon so I took it on the chin!

Wow Annya fair play to you going for a run when you got home! How much weight have u lost so far? I suppose i will just have to try really hard to be good on the weekends. Next weekend is going to be tough as it's easter arghhh! Hardly any choccie for me lol xx

Wow Annya fair play to you going for a run when you got home! How much weight have u lost so far? I suppose i will just have to try really hard to be good on the weekends. Next weekend is going to be tough as it's easter arghhh! Hardly any choccie for me lol xx

I've lost around 13lbs so far with another 18 or so to go to my initial target when I will reassess and see if I would like to get rid of a bit more. It was nearly 16lbs, but I gained over 2lbs last week :cry:- bl**dy BK whopper and other assorted naughties got the better of me despite the run :mad: Still, I took it on the chin as I deserved it and have worked hard this week to shift it again. Watch this space - official weigh in tomorrow so fingers and toes will be crossed in the morning.

I am not looking forward to Easter with all the chocloate and grub around. I am going to do my best though I am aiming realistically for a STS at best :sigh:

We can do this - we just need to find strategies for coping when temptation gets in the way. Onwards and downwards :)

I sat today with loads of homemade cakes about 10 inches from my face. It took me not to rugby tackle the Lassie selling the cake and candy ! Carrot cake looked fab, but I was strong :) Easter is going to be a struggle though, I luv creme eggs ! :-(

Have you tried making your own cakes using low fat spread and sweetener? I made rock cakes last weekend and everyone who tried them thought they were lovely - nobody even sussed they were low fat and no sugar!

My mantra is never say never, just try and find a lower calorie alternative - that way you don't have to feel so deprived :)

Sadly there is no low calorie alternative for a cream egg :cry: so it'll be back pounding the local lanes with the dog for me next weekend methinks ;)

Back