Shake N Bake thingies!

Hi all, does anyone know the syn value of the shake n bake things for chicken (the ones that come with a bag you put the chicken in and add the spice, shake and put in the oven)
There are a few different ones but I can't find any of them!

Thank you in advance
Shell

Hi all, does anyone know the syn value of the shake n bake things for chicken (the ones that come with a bag you put the chicken in and add the spice, shake and put in the oven)
There are a few different ones but I can't find any of them!

Thank you in advance
Shell

For these kind of things you can work out the syns for yourself using 1 syn for 20 calories. Just make sure you use calories for the sachet and not for serving suggestion. . If that makes sense.

hope this helps

Colemans
Season & Shake, BBQ Chicken, dried, 19g sachet 3 3 3
Season & Shake, Cajun Chicken, dried, 45g sachet
Season & Shake, Chicken Tikka Masala, dried, 45g sachet
Season & Shake, Creamy Herb Salmon, dried, 28g sachet
Season & Shake, Garlic & Herb Chicken, dried, 32g sachet 5 5 5
Season & Shake, Lemon & Dill Salmon, dried, 18g sachet 3 3 3
Season & Shake, Lemon & Herb Chicken, dried, 20g sachet 3 3 3
Season & Shake, Mediterranean Chicken, dried, 33g sachet 5 5 5

Season & Shake, Paprika Chicken, dried, 24g sachet
Season & Shake, Piri Piri Chicken, dried, 29g sachet
Season & Shake, Rich Beef Casserole, dried, 40g sachet
Season & Shake, Rustic Chicken, dried, 33g sachet 5 5 5
Season & Shake, Sausage & Herb, dried, 40g sachet
Season & Shake, Spanish Pork Casserole, dried, 48g sachet 8 8 8
Season & Shake, Sticky Spare Ribs, dried, 52g sachet 9 9 9

Had a look at the ingredients on the Colmans website - a couple of examples

Sausage and Herb: Wheat Flour, Potato Starch, Salt, Flavourings (contain Wheat), Tomato Puree Powder (9.9%), Sugar, Yeast Extract, Vegetable Fat, Herbs (2%) (Bay Leaves, Thyme Rosemary), Onion Powder (1.8%), Spices (Garlic, Pepper, Cloves, Nutmeg), Barley Malt Extract, Caramel Syrup, Maltodextrin, Powdered Lemon Juice.

Rustic Chicken: Salt, Potato Starch, Tomato Powder, Onion, Sugar, Potato Flakes, Yeast Extract, Spices (7%) (Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Nutmeg, Pepper, Coriander Seeds, Turmeric, Fennel Seeds, Fenugreek, Cardamom, Mustard Seeds), Flavouring, Herbs (2.5%) (Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary), Vegetable Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Vegetable Fat, Smoke Flavouring.

It seems that quite a few of them have salt as their largest ingredient, which might be worth thinking about.

At around £1.50 for 33g, sorry but I still think it's an expensive way to buy flour, salt and a few flavourings! But that's just my opinion, and I have never liked things in packets, so feel free to take no notice of me! :)

I've not tried any of the shake and bakes but the Maggi So Juicy roast in the bags are amazing. So easy and really tasty, and only 4-6 syns depending on the variety which went split between 2-4 of you is not a lot at all.

hope this helps

Maggi

So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Chicken Balti, dried, 30g pack
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Garlic for Chicken, dried, 36g pack
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Mexican Chicken, dried, 40g pack 6 6 6
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Mixed Herbs for Chicken, dried, 34g pack 5 5 5
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Oriental Soy & Garlic Chicken, dried, 30g pack 5 5 5
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Paprika for Chicken, dried, 34g pack
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Red Wine & Shallots for Beef, dried, 35g pack 6 6 6
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Smoky BBQ for Ribs, dried, 30g pack 4 4 4

So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Sticky BBQ for Chicken, dried, 47g pack
So Juicy Cooks in the Bag, Sweet & Sour for Chicken, dried, 33g pack

This is great I have some in the cupboard and was afraid to use them, If you were making this would you count half the syns if you are sharing i.e me and my partner having it for dinner? or do you count the complete packet syns?

I would calculate the syns for the whole meal then divide by how many serving it does. for example 5 syns between 2 people is 2.5 syns each.

Back