Shake That Weight...new beginnings

SashaGeorge

Hi
I am starting (again) today. I am doing Shake That Weight and hoping to do shakes for the majority of the time but if I have to eat because of a night out - which unfortunately I have this week - then I'll stick to protein and limited carbs.

I have lost some weight over the past month. I was 14st 9lbs on the 27th April but I've just been playing at losing weight. I've had a few good days and then ate a couple of slabs of cake. So I am stuck in a yo-yo cycle which is not where I want to be.

I have a short break away at the end of August. I'll be going with my partner and some of his family and I will have a hard time getting out of the swimming, cycling and other activities that are planned. At my weight, I really am feeling uncomfortably huge right now, I will be miserable and I want to go and enjoy it rather than armed with a list of excuses as to why I can't join in! So that is my main goal. I'd like to be well down into the 11 stone's bracket. I know I feel good at 11st 7lbs so if I can hit that or preferably lower, that would be great..no pressure. But I know it is achievable if I can just find the strength to keep going.

Anyway, day one today and it's going well. I've had 1.5 ltrs of water and am aiming for 3ltrs. I haven't had enough shakes though. I am just drinking a chocolate one, made with hot water which is really nice and creamy. :) but is my first of the day so maybe I need a better routine or else I'll set myself up for failure. From past experience I know it's no good to skip shakes as the sudden onset of ravenous hunger just makes me reach for the naughties.

I have taken some photos...but they'll have to wait until I am near my goal and can upload the updated ones at the same time lol. It is heart breaking to look in the mirror right now and I don't want to hate how I look and feel any more. This has to be my successful attempt.

Oh, and lastly I am planning to do some exercise as I'll need to tone up. I have T25 which is a condensed version of Insanity :character00116: and Body Blade which is great for arms....and my arms need A LOT of help.

No going back now. Good luck to all doing diets. 10 stone here I come.
x

weight.png

Last edited:
Good luck on your journey! I'll look forward to seeing your beautiful 10 stone pictures!

Thank you, Echomeri! I am looking forward to getting to 10stone that's for sure. :) Congrats on your weight loss so far. x

Day 2.
I couldn't help but weigh this morning and I am 2lb down. Whoop whoop - although I do know that it is really bad to weigh daily, especially as it's quite possible for me to be up a few pounds tomorrow. Who knows! I couldn't help myself - I will enjoy the 2lb loss today though (while it's here).

I want to try and cut out wheat and gluten. The shakes seem to be wheat free, it just says on the package they are made on machinery where wheat products are made, I can take that. My issue comes in that I really like to have the noodles and occasional bar. These have wheat/gluten. What to do... if I just order shakes I may get so desperate for variety or that moment when you need something solid could make me break the diet. The other option is that when I simply need food and nothing else will do I could have a simple omelette with onion and a small amount of cheese. That would keep the diet very low carb and wheat free. But I want TFRD! I am having a hard time making any sort of decision. Grrr.

I would like to go wheat free because of 2 books I've recently read, Wheat Belly and Grain Brain. Really interesting about how wheat and certain carbs can make issues such as migraines worse, and how they affect the body function. As I suffer from migraines and aches and pains I really would like to see if they go if I am wheat free. Think I've just answered my own question.

I am back at work tomorrow on a night shift and then pretty full on until next Monday working all weekend and out on Friday night for dinner, drinks etc (challenge). So I should make the most of today and do some exercise. I have been sitting here thinking about doing exercise for at least an hour. JUST DO IT. Oh my word it's not that hard.

I've had a strawberry shake so far and 1ltr of water, so I am behind what I should have - same as I was yesterday - gonna have another shake and then exercise?? Maybe! :rolleyes:
x

Last edited:
Day 4
I finished work at 8am this morning. My colleague bought me in Nando's last night as a treat. :( it was so nice of her and I felt awful telling her, 'No thanks!' so I didn't tell her, I smiled and said, 'Thanks!' and I ate it. The worst thing is I didn't even want it!!! I am in a space where I just want my packs and to lose a good amount o weight each week. Whereas Nando's a week or two ago would've been a welcome excuse to break my diet I don't feel like that at the moment (relief) as this doesn't happen that often. Why can't I just say NO. :rant:

However, in the defence of my Nando's meal, it was a lemon chicken on the bone and a plain salad (she knows I'm cutting down!) so could've been worse. I can tell already I'll have trouble telling people, 'Thanks, but no thanks'. I had a hot chocolate shake about 7an this morning before I left work and so far (have been asleep since about 11am as I felt so knackered after a 14+ hour night shift I got up about 3.30pm) I am just drinking a caramel shake - not too bad I thought it'd be sickly sweet but I like it.

So I am hoping that my 'meal' didn't affect my plan too much and I am right back on it today, there's nothing I can do about it now anyway. I have a bad week in dieting terms. Tomorrow night I am out with my work colleagues. We are going for a meal but apparently the restaurant does a good range of food (primarily steak, burgers, fish) salads and veggies. I think I'll have fish and some steamed veg or salad. I know as well there'll be lots of drinks flowing...I am working Saturday so there's a good excuse not to drink! But I know the pressure will be on for me to have alcohol. Anyway, we'll see what happens. Looking forward to Monday's weigh in. I would like to be at least 7lb down...if I stick to my packs today, Saturday and Sunday then perhaps I'll hit my target.

I feel sooooo cold today. I know my flat is cold and the weather is not exactly tropical but I wonder if I'm on my way to ketosis. Yes please! :nananana:
Happy Thursday x

Day 6
I hope that last night and going out hasn't stopped a weight loss this week. I had seabass and a plain salad and a coffee. I am quite pleased with myself because across from me and next to me my colleagues had huge burgers, chips, mayo, massive onion rings, banoffee pie, ice cream...I won't go on! But I managed to stay strong and today I'm so glad I did. I had a wine but other than that stuck to water and diet coke. It could've been so much worse.

Right back on it strict today. I've had a chocolate shake, strawberry shake, noodles (I've got some packets to use up) lots of water and am going to have another hot chocolate before bed Where I am falling short is exercise. I don't know if I'm expecting too much, expecting myself to exercise hard this (my first week) perhaps just sticking to the diet in week one is the main thing. I can build on the exercise next week?!

Looking forward to Monday's weigh in and just really hoping that I am not disappointed. Fingers crossed.

The book (the little leaflet thing that came in the package) says that if you are on the TRFD plan to only do light to moderate exercise like a bit of walking or swimming. You are only taking in about 600 calories on plan after all! So don't beat yourself up about not doing extra exercise at this point - just concentrate on the eating side of it. You sound like you are making good choices any way. I'm not - I had a really bad trip into town (trying to find a belt cause my jeans don't fit) and we got to the lunch place I knew did a healthy option and I went straight for the nachos instead!

I'm kind of scared about this ketosis thing - I've read so many articles and I still don't know if it's a good idea or not! How are you feeling?

Good luck Sasha. You seem to have made some good choices this week (sea bass, one of my favourite fish!) and are aware of where you haven't made such good choices, which is good.

The book (the little leaflet thing that came in the package) says that if you are on the TRFD plan to only do light to moderate exercise like a bit of walking or swimming. You are only taking in about 600 calories on plan after all! So don't beat yourself up about not doing extra exercise at this point - just concentrate on the eating side of it. You sound like you are making good choices any way. I'm not - I had a really bad trip into town (trying to find a belt cause my jeans don't fit) and we got to the lunch place I knew did a healthy option and I went straight for the nachos instead!

I'm kind of scared about this ketosis thing - I've read so many articles and I still don't know if it's a good idea or not! How are you feeling?

Thanks for letting me know what it says in the book about exercise. I probably should've read that! I am a bit worried about losing weight but not being in the least bit toned and hating what I see....anyway need to lose some weight first I am getting ahead of myself there! I know that life isn't simple and week one has given me some challenges that's for sure. I'm sorry to hear that your trip in to town ended in nachos but you know tomorrow is another day and I've realised that it's more about picking yourself up and putting it behind you and beginning strict again the next day. This diet is the hardest and sometimes we just need to eat :eating: I have heard conflicting things about ketosis. I think the main thing is to drink water and flush out the ketones and then the symptoms are lessened. I have felt cold and headachy but am starting to get more energy so I would say it's worth it and the best thing? I'm not hungry at all right now. Good luck!

Good luck Sasha. You seem to have made some good choices this week (sea bass, one of my favourite fish!) and are aware of where you haven't made such good choices, which is good.

Thank you! :) I am trying to make the best of each situation and just keep going. Sea bass is lovely, but when faced with that or a big fat burger the burger nearly won. Glad to say I managed to choose wisely (this time) x

I've had a weekend of work and not much sleep. My neighbour is being really annoying lately, his living room backs on to my bedroom and he has taken to playing his music sooooo loud late into the night. On Saturday I was literally going mad. He had a thing for Elton John for ages, Saturday it was Stevie Wonder (must say there was some good tunes!) and then when I finally wrapped the duvet around my head and got to sleep I awoke at 3.30am to hear him on the phone REALLY LOUDLY. Oh my word it was like he was sitting in bed with me. Now tonight, I got home from a 10hr shift and literally fell into bed. Only to hear my neighbours key in the lock half hour later and then....yes, music. Michael Jackson extravaganza tonight. Eventually I was forced at 10.30pm to get up, I couldn't take it any more. I did myself a shake as I'd not had a full quota today as I'd literally come home and fell into bed. Now I'm wide awake and what happened? Silence...he decided to call it a night 5 mins after I got up and has gone to bed. I could scream!!!!!!! Oh well, could be worse, he could be playing music I actually hate. :whistle: but I need to sleeeepppp.

Anyway, as I'm up and awake now - today has been a good day diet wise. I've stuck to my shakes but still think that tomorrow's weigh in won't produce the loss I'm looking for (I want the impossible) and I am drinking water but could do with stepping up a level to reach 3ltrs daily. I think that helps increase weight loss on this diet. But perhaps I need to be happy with any loss. A loss is a loss after all and as long as I'm heading in a downward direction it's all good. Roll on tomorrow!

So disappointed with my weight loss. 5lb off. Considering (apart from the 2 meals) I've stuck to the plan I was hoping for at least 7lb, preferably 10lb. :-(
I must say, whilst at work I didn't drink enough water so I'm wondering if this is the key? Perhaps, with no meals out or in planned this week, I'll get a better weight loss next Monday and I'll then know whether it was food that affected my weight loss. I know it is 5lb off and better than on but I am desperate to get into the 12's....and then the 11's. I have a tight schedule, August I need to be at least 11st grrr.

Why is it that I've known about this holiday for a year and I give myself such a tight schedule to lose all the weight. To make myself feel a bit better, I have taken my measurements today. I originally took them in April when I was 14st 9lbs. So, these have gone down and it's lovely to see that, especially as the weather is hotting up. Wow, today is gorgeous and I want to be able to release my arms, legs and everything else from their undercover state!

Starting measurements 27th April - 14st 9lb
Bust: 44 and a half inches
Waist: 37 and a half inches
Hips: 45 inches
Left thigh: 26 and a half inches
Right thigh: 26 and a half inches
Top right arm: 14 and a half inches
Left right arm: 14 and a half inches

Measurements today 6th June - 13st 6lbs
Bust: 42 and three quarter (1 and 3/4 inches loss)
Waist: 35 inches (2 and a half inches loss)
Hips: 43 inches (2 inches loss)
Left thigh: 25 and a half inches (1 inches loss)
Right thigh: 25 and three quarter (3/4 inches loss)
Top right arm: 14 inches (half inches loss)
Left right arm: 14 inches (half inches loss)

Total inches lost so far: 9 inches.

I am going to concentrate today on celebrating my weight and inch loss and having a nice banana shake with ice in it. Onwards and downwards.. :stickdance:

Last edited:
Well done! That's a whole dress size! And any loss is the right direction. Maybe try upping your water and see if it helps. I hope it does!

It's been a busy day, I went to visit my old workplace and went for drinks/lunch (just had diet coke and no food). I'm not hungry at all. In-fact today I'm having to force all my packs down and don't think I'll make the total 4 pack quota today.

I'm back to work tomorrow so will have more of a routine but it'll be a long day I usually leave around 5.50am and don't get home until 7pm. So my plan is to take a hot chocolate so that I can make it at work with hot water - I find that in the shakers the hot water dissolves all the powder - whereas if I have it cold I still get lumps. Must be something to do with my shaking style! Plus I have a packet of noodles which I'll take because that's easy to make up at work.

So, I'm all set to have a good week. My resolve is up and I'm as determined as I'll ever be to make this work. I ordered some clothes from the web which arrived today. All in lower sizes so nothing actually fits :D but it's a great incentive to keep trying them on and seeing how they begin to fit me. Lovely tops and a beautiful polka dot jumpsuit. Bit indulgent as I can't wear them but hopefully I'll be able to wear them for my holiday in August.

xx

You've done well with that weight/inch loss!

As soon as the neighbour went to bed, I would have started doing something loud, or maybe be noisy when you get up in the morning.

You've done well with that weight/inch loss!

As soon as the neighbour went to bed, I would have started doing something loud, or maybe be noisy when you get up in the morning.

Thank you. :) yes, my neighbour was playing music into the early hours this morning too...2.30am I finally dropped off to sleep with the music blearing. I am dreading it but I think I will have to say something. Yesterday I got in from work and was so exhausted from lack of sleep that I fell into bed and didn't even have a pack I just fell asleep (while I had the chance!) then about midnight my neighbour returned home - banging the door and I woke up and he didn't put his music on for about half hour so I was thinking, 'Great!! I can go back to sleep' then all of a sudden on it came, full blast lol. :banghead:
Actually, I do need to be up for work at 5am tomorrow...perhaps my mega loud blender needs a workout!!! x

Still on my diet yey! Yesterday I didn't have my quota of packs. I went to bed early and just had 2 packs yesterday. Today I've made sure that I've had 4 packs and water. But I can confirm that not having enough packs/water does not increase weight loss because I sneakily weighed this morning and I'm the same weight as I was on Monday. Grrrrr. I have been so good. What the hell is going on with my weight loss????!!! Very frustrating. I won't weigh again now until Monday's official weigh in.

But I've got to keep going so whatever I lose or don't lose then it's irrelevant I'll keep plugging away until the scales move downwards. It has to happen eventually if I stick to the plan. I must admit I don't move very much and really do need to do some exercise. I drive to the station, sit down at work all day and come home knackered. So, maybe if I moved a bit more and did some exercise then it might ignite the fat burning. We'll see.

Poor you...that sounds like torture.

I must admit it is becoming a real problem, because I work a variety of shifts my system is a bit all over the place when it comes to sleep so when I get a chance to sleep and can't because of this music it's really grating on me. I tried putting my headphones on with some tranquil sea sounds but I could still hear his music so that doesn't work! Oh well, people are all different aren't they? I personally wouldn't dream of playing music loud like that at 2am! I might have to buy my neighbour a set of wireless headphones!!

Back